talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Sorry to read that mate, my mum died at the start of the month too, had the funeral last week

Sorry for your loss mate. Shite isn’t it. The funeral yesterday was simple burial, no service. Couldn’t even hug immediate family. There was only 10 of us all stood seperated.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Sorry for your loss mate. Shite isn’t it. The funeral yesterday was simple burial, no service. Couldn’t even hug immediate family. There was only 10 of us all stood seperated.

Thanks mate, sorry you couldn't say goodbye properly, shite times indeed. we was able to have a 20min ceremony at Agecroft crematorium but no hand shakes etc ..wish it was a simple burial with the 3 songs my sisters had picked, proper depressing! :|

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

As @Eco has mentioned, I've had my hands full recently. Both my wife and I work in the medical field, so our family is constantly worried about us. I have family in Arezzo face timing and saying they are worried about me...My daughter's daycare has closed so I've been trying to keep her busy 5 days in the week. 

Appreciate the concern, but everything is fine. :)

Great news buddy and take care. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

As @Eco has mentioned, I've had my hands full recently. Both my wife and I work in the medical field, so our family is constantly worried about us. I have family in Arezzo face timing and saying they are worried about me...My daughter's daycare has closed so I've been trying to keep her busy 5 days in the week. 

Good to hear! Take care :) 

41 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Stay safe mate... 

35 minutes ago, Danny said:

Condolences to both of you @DeadLinesman @Happy Blue

My granddad's in the hospital with multiple minis strokes and now has coronavirus, no more visiting and not looking good for him.

How sad is that... sorry to hear that mate

Just had “the call”. Woke up at 5.45 this morning convinced that I was going to be furloughed this morning. Sat watching the phone for the whole morning waiting. The call did materialise, however, for now at least, I’m not on the list of 8 that’s been furloughed. 

I know it’s not full blown redundancy for them, I can’t help but feel bad for them. That said, I’m also pleased I’m not (yet) on the list. Weird mix of emotion and dose of reality today. 

That hour I spent this morning looking at courses you can do at home was wasted (potentially temporarily). 

• Subscriber

The wife on her laptop an hour ago said "look at that, Scotland is going to be the first one to ban all alcohol because of the Coronavirus" I said "I take it you are reading that on your Facebook page darling...April fool", she hasn't mentioned it since. :coffee:  xD

• Haha 1

Hospital invited us up today to see me granddad as he’s expected to die soon, told we’d get protective equipment to see him for 25 mins each. We get there and there’s been a fuck up with their processes which mean two things happened, most of us not allowed to go in because of health conditions. As we entered the hospital we now have to self isolate for 7 days, obviously self isolating anyway but no walks to the shop at all for a week. No signage or information beforehand from the nurse to tell us any of this, just invited us to come in at 2pm. Can’t be angry at them because they’re learning as they go and are probably off their feet, just frustrating.

Secondly granddad will most likely die today or soon by himself with no real contact from family around him, funeral will either be non existent or only for his children and a very mild affair. We had an entire social club booked out for my nan/his wife when she passed years ago, strange times.

Once this is all done and were all back out on the streets and in the pubs, if one person mentions the words herd immunity and doesn’t precede or follow it with criticism I will take great pleasure in chinning them

• Sad 7

That is rough to take. Sorry it has to be that way @Danny

Life has been very shit the last few weeks, and it's things like this that act as a reminder.

Whilst we may all think we have it tough, there is always someone worse off. Hopefully when all this palava is over, you all get to give him the send off he deserves.

Edited by Lucas

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Danny said:

Hospital invited us up today to see me granddad as he’s expected to die soon, told we’d get protective equipment to see him for 25 mins each. We get there and there’s been a fuck up with their processes which mean two things happened, most of us not allowed to go in because of health conditions. As we entered the hospital we now have to self isolate for 7 days, obviously self isolating anyway but no walks to the shop at all for a week. No signage or information beforehand from the nurse to tell us any of this, just invited us to come in at 2pm. Can’t be angry at them because they’re learning as they go and are probably off their feet, just frustrating.

Secondly granddad will most likely die today or soon by himself with no real contact from family around him, funeral will either be non existent or only for his children and a very mild affair. We had an entire social club booked out for my nan/his wife when she passed years ago, strange times.

Once this is all done and were all back out on the streets and in the pubs, if one person mentions the words herd immunity and doesn’t precede or follow it with criticism I will take great pleasure in chinning them

Very sorry to read this and hear of this. It's already a tough time anyway and reading stuff like this, let alone experiencing it, really bring it all to reality. I hope you can honour him when the time is right mate.