talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That is rough to take. Sorry it has to be that way @Danny

Life has been very shit the last few weeks, and it's things like this that act as a reminder.

Whilst we may all think we have it tough, there is always someone worse off. Hopefully when all this palava is over, you all get to give him the send off he deserves.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Very sorry to read this and hear of this. It's already a tough time anyway and reading stuff like this, let alone experiencing it, really bring it all to reality. I hope you can honour him when the time is right mate. 

Cheers lads.

When it’s all over I’m sure we will, it is what it is unfortunately just a bit shit how it’s turned out. Don’t get me wrong he was very ill anyway but it just makes you think about all the lives that have been lost that could have been saved had the government reacted appropriately. Final years taken from a lot of families and in a lot of cases just vulnerable people that still would have had time on their side.

Three weeks ago Boris was telling us all to take it on the chin, shake hands with people with corona, go about our daily lives. It’s a monumental fuck up.

On 02/04/2020 at 15:50, Danny said:

Hospital invited us up today to see me granddad as he’s expected to die soon, told we’d get protective equipment to see him for 25 mins each. We get there and there’s been a fuck up with their processes which mean two things happened, most of us not allowed to go in because of health conditions. As we entered the hospital we now have to self isolate for 7 days, obviously self isolating anyway but no walks to the shop at all for a week. No signage or information beforehand from the nurse to tell us any of this, just invited us to come in at 2pm. Can’t be angry at them because they’re learning as they go and are probably off their feet, just frustrating.

Secondly granddad will most likely die today or soon by himself with no real contact from family around him, funeral will either be non existent or only for his children and a very mild affair. We had an entire social club booked out for my nan/his wife when she passed years ago, strange times.

Once this is all done and were all back out on the streets and in the pubs, if one person mentions the words herd immunity and doesn’t precede or follow it with criticism I will take great pleasure in chinning them

Sorry to hear that mate... 

Anyone remember Bring Me My Bow and Bakkazi?

I was have them both on Steam and was thinking of inviting them here. The former may be here under a different name. The latter I'm pretty sure hasn't made the transition. Both would be welcome additions.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I was have them both on Steam and was thinking of inviting them here. The former may be here under a different name. The latter I'm pretty sure hasn't made the transition. Both would be welcome additions.

As a replacement for you? 

I suppose we could agree to that! 

I (very) vaguely remember the name BMMB. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Invite them, they ring a bell, think bakkazi was a philippino?

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Stan said:

:4_joy:  Lol, I knew what was coming, used to do that in my army days in the NAAFI bar with a pint of Carlsberg, make a bet for a pint of lager and see if you can do everything I do, I won many a pint with that one, go through different moves, take a sip of lager and hold it back, more moves then go and put it back into the glass. 

I would not recommend doing something like that in a rough pub in Glasgow, them guys and GIRLS don't take a joke bet like that seriously and you would get a pint over your head with the glass.   

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

:4_joy:  Lol, I knew what was coming, used to do that in my army days in the NAAFI bar with a pint of Carlsberg, make a bet for a pint of lager and see if you can do everything I do, I won many a pint with that one, go through different moves, take a sip of lager and hold it back, more moves then go and put it back into the glass. 

I would not recommend doing something like that in a rough pub in Glasgow, them guys and GIRLS don't take a joke bet like that seriously and you would get a pint over your head with the glass.   

Sounds quite nice. 

3 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

The gf isn't talking to me this morning and won't tell me what I've done wrong. I've got a feeling she thinks I'm messaging other women when actually I'm posting on here to you cunts.

Women are annoying as fuck with this shit.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

The gf isn't talking to me this morning and won't tell me what I've done wrong. I've got a feeling she thinks I'm messaging other women when actually I'm posting on here to you cunts.

If she reads this, hello to you Miss @Harvsky

Apart from @nudge we're all nerdy geeks and all look like this so you have absolutely nothing to worry about as I'm sure this is not @Harvsky's type...

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Lol, I get that from the wife if I have my laptop off and using my mobile posting in here, lye back on the sofa and start laughing and texting away and the wife gives me funny looks and asking "Who are you texting?", on my laptop now and she is saying fuckall. xD 

17 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

From my experience, it sounds like a Code Red.

She is on.

Edited by Lucas
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

2 years. It turned out to be because my phone vibrated at 1am. All fine now.

Apologies, I'll send pictures earlier next time.

8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So you have only been together for 5 minutes then... You are still at that stage where your concern for her being upset about something is genuine... At the 5 year mark you still ask if there is a problem but have to start faking the concern... after 10 years+ you do things on purpose to wind her up hoping she won't speak to you... 

Spoken like a man of true experience!