talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

Just lately I have started noticing that more people I see when I am out are saying hello or good morning... not something that normally happens round here unless I happen to know the person, these are random people I don't know... This virus does have an upside to it. Last time this happened to me was when I was living up in Notts... 

Anyone else getting that in their local area where it never happened before or is it just me?? 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just lately I have started noticing that more people I see when I am out are saying hello or good morning... not something that normally happens round here unless I happen to know the person, these are random people I don't know... This virus does have an upside to it. Last time this happened to me was when I was living up in Notts... 

Anyone else getting that in their local area where it never happened before or is it just me?? 

Nah definitely see and hear it round here too.

Like there's a mutual appreciation of how shit the situation is but we find our way through it together. Just a bit of politeness at the end of the day :) 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Thankfully my area has held firm and kept this sort of nonsense at bay

Who plays Poker here?

More to the point, who would want to play? 

If you do, you will need a laptop or computer for the software. But it's easy enough to download and doesn't take long.

Once you register, I can set a lobby up for us on Pokerstars for our own private game. We can arrange a day and time and go for it.

I'm not thinking big money, it's just a bit of fun.

Maybe for next weekend somewhen?

Edited by Lucas

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Who plays Poker here?

More to the point, who would want to play? 

If you do, you will need a laptop or computer. But it's easy enough.

I can set a lobby up for us on Pokerstars. We can arrange a day and time and go for it.

I'm not thinking big money, it's just a bit of fun.

Maybe for next weekend somewhen?

Love it mate.

Been doing it last couple of Friday evenings with mates from work (On PPPoker App & Zoom)

24 last week, 22 last night. £10 each and 1/2/3 get winnings.
Came 15th last week, 7th last night so improving xD 

Really enjoying it considering these are mates/colleagues I'd see regularly so it's good to catch up, have some fun in the current scenario in this way.

Happy to play if date/time works :)

53 minutes ago, Stan said:

Love it mate.

Been doing it last couple of Friday evenings with mates from work (On PPPoker App & Zoom)

24 last week, 22 last night. £10 each and 1/2/3 get winnings.
Came 15th last week, 7th last night so improving xD 

Really enjoying it considering these are mates/colleagues I'd see regularly so it's good to catch up, have some fun in the current scenario in this way.

Happy to play if date/time works :)

Oh ok, so on that app, does it let you create your own private game exactly how you want it?

We used Pokerstars a couple times but it seems you can only use a laptop or pc for it.

In this day and age, a lot of people do use tablets that puts them out a bit.

I think we should definitely do one on here.

Edited by Lucas

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Oh ok, so on that app, does it let you create your own private game exactly how you want it?

We used Pokerstars a couple times but it seems you can only use a laptop or pc for it.

In this day and age, a lot of people do use tablets that puts them out a bit.

I think we should definitely do one on here.

Yeah so I've not set it up myself but my mate has. Can play on phone or laptop which is good.

You can set up your own private club - can only join via invite with code.

Can set blinds, antes, starting chips, time limits for blinds to change, re-buy option, break times etc.

The one we played last night started off with 50/100 blinds, increasing every 15 mins. Everyone started with 20,000 chips.

Started 8.30pm, finished at just gone 12.30. Went so quick though.

On 04/04/2020 at 09:32, Inti Brian said:

Anyone remember Bring Me My Bow and Bakkazi?

I was have them both on Steam and was thinking of inviting them here. The former may be here under a different name. The latter I'm pretty sure hasn't made the transition. Both would be welcome additions.

An update on this.

Bring Me My Bow is on here under Burning Gold xD I had a feeling he was still here.

Bakazzy just straight up ignored me though.

1 minute ago, Azeem said:

Today is World Pilots day

@Bluewolf Happy aviators day, which squadron did you flew with in WW 2 ?

I flew a Sopwith Pup in WW1 and of course a Spitfire in WW2 until I crashed one into a churchyard during a village fete and got demoted... On to Normandy a little while after that but that's another story

Appreciate the mention though... 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Anyone remember that Original Source shower gel that would make your balls tingle? 

Found another that does it too xD. L'Oréal Men Expert Cool Power. 

Just get any shower gel with mint if that’s what floats your boat Stanley 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Just get any shower gel with mint if that’s what floats your boat Stanley 

It doesn't float my boat. Feels weird. This new one I didn't even know had some mint in it xD 

Well unfortunately had a family member die with the coronavirus - my great Auntie. Obviously a distant relative but doesn't change the fact it still hurts given everything she's been through with her health.

Irritates the hell out of me seeing all the idiots walking about as if the restrictions mean nothing.

• Sad 2