talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

Tried golf once but was useless at it, Not very relaxing when you are hacking away at the dirt getting the arse just trying to get the ball to move 2 inches down the fairway.. I just don't have the patience for it. If the ball was the size of a headgehog rather than a chicken egg I might be better at it... Love it on the PC but not in real life.. 

One of my old bosses was a keen golfer and he told me once that they organised a golf weekend for some of the bigwigs in the company and he was invited along because he was fairly good and he got paired up with some bloke quite high up in the company and he said it was the worst weekend of his life, apparently this bloke was so bad that the people behind them were constantly complaining about waiting and at one point during the game the bloke lost his temper with it so badly he threw all his clubs in the pond... xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

I remember trying to hit a golf ball with a club years ago but like @Bluewolf I kept hitting turf or the ball and it moved about an inch, I gave up after about 5 minutes and just gave the club back to my mate, I am afraid it's one of the sports I don't like watching but would love to play it like tennis, lawn green bowling and a few other sports I can't think of.

It's my brother-in-law that put me off watching golf and darts, go around for a visit and he would have the tv on watching them both, switching channels back and forward and kept talking about both non-stop during the visit, it did my head in.   

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Golf is just hours and hours of televised sky and grass.... 

And a load of people trying to get filmed so they can rush home at night, record the match then sit there watching the replays looking for themselves and then have orgasms thinking they are Holywood movie stars.

• Subscriber

Televised Darts & Golf might have changed a lot nowadays where you don't see players with a cigarette stuck in their gobs or a pint of lager in their hands but years ago that was the norm with the likes of Bristow downing a pint and puffing away on a cigarette.

I had an argument with my brother-in-law years ago on how could he class darts as a sport on tv when they are smoking their lungs out and getting pissed drinking, I said you imagine a footballer in a penalty shootout, all sitting on chairs, smoking and drinking booze waiting for their turn for the penalty, then you could not class football as a sport.

On 15/05/2020 at 18:07, Lucas said:

Won't be everyone's cup of tea I know, but for those that play or remotely care, I went for my first round of Golf in ages today and enjoyed every minute.

Course was in great nick and it made a refreshing change from the 'norm' of the last couple months.

20200515_131840.thumb.jpg.7ac6fe4238953d50748780e2d93b13bb.jpg20200515_103449.thumb.jpg.1c3f9acbf889b10f5584580344daa5d0.jpg

This'll be me friday until sunday!

I'm not a fan of golf but can see the appeal as it's not just the same itself but being out in the fresh air. As you can see there in your pictures, full of woodlands surrounding you, etc. It's peaceful and it's good for the mind. These golf courses, fishing lakes, etc also preserve nature.

13 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

This'll be me friday until sunday!

I'm not a fan of golf but can see the appeal as it's not just the same itself but being out in the fresh air. As you can see there in your pictures, full of woodlands surrounding you, etc. It's peaceful and it's good for the mind. These golf courses, fishing lakes, etc also preserve nature.

I'm not into fishing but some lads at work are massively. They go night fishing and allsorts and always appear to enjoy it.

So I can relate to what your saying about the relaxation and feeling content by the lake.

Hopefully as the weeks go on, everyone will find an outlet that reflects something they'd normally do before Covid ruined everything.

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm not into fishing but some lads at work are massively. They go night fishing and allsorts and always appear to enjoy it.

So I can relate to what your saying about the relaxation and feeling content by the lake.

Hopefully as the weeks go on, everyone will find an outlet that reflects something they'd normally do before Covid ruined everything.

If they go night fishing in the bivvy(like a tent) then they will target the same species as me mate, Carp. You need to put the time in to catch these big ones, this is why we go for 24-48 hours or so at a time, or if you're mad like my mate and myself are, then 6 days straight on a lake in the South East xD.

Best part about carping is the tactical aspect. It's not just about casting a bait into a lake and being lucky at all really.

Can someone explain what is going on with the Indians and Tik Tok if you can be arsed... 

I keep seeing stuff about how they brought the ratings for it down from 5 to 2 and don't have a clue what's going on or what has happened... My daughter has it on her phone and although I don't really care enough to google about it I care enough to want to know what happened just so I am hip to the beat and all that, so when I am talking to the younger ones at work I sound like I am totally down with what's going on in the world around me.. 

Thanks in advance... B|

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Can someone explain what is going on with the Indians and Tik Tok if you can be arsed... 

I keep seeing stuff about how they brought the ratings for it down from 5 to 2 and don't have a clue what's going on or what has happened... My daughter has it on her phone and although I don't really care enough to google about it I care enough to want to know what happened just so I am hip to the beat and all that, so when I am talking to the younger ones at work I sound like I am totally down with what's going on in the world around me.. 

Thanks in advance... B|

Tell her it's a waste of time and she's better off without it xD Just another fad that will die off when everyone gets bored with it.

I guess @Mel81x or @IgnisExcubitor might be able to answer the technical issue :P 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Thanks in advance... B|

Short Story

TikTok pissed off a famous Indian YouTuber. Followers lined up, rated app poorly. TikTok ratings drop.

Mildly Long Story

There's a famous YouTuber over here whose entire show runs around making fun of topics and being a dick while doing it (like literally a dick) and he made a video on TikTok. Well, YT and the folks at TikTok caught onto it and banned the video citing cyber-bullying. Then the guy turns from an angry punk into an overnight spreader of love and all things associated with it because his income from YT dried up faster than he could imagine. 

This of course spawned all his followers to go on a rampage rating TikTok as some shit platform which is rich considering the person they were following was producing similar content. This is not to say that YT has been unfavorable to folks doing content in India but what YT did was funny to ban the video and there's been a lot of problems with TikTok in general surrounding a case that recently came up involving some groups on WhatsApp/Instagram with teens claiming rape acts/threats towards women (ficitional threats of course). The timing of it all was just bad for the person who got banned but TikTok as a platform is more toxic than nuclear waste over here from the looks of things.

Couple all that together with the second largest population on the planet and with enough rating drops TikTok goes down in their ratings. I wouldn't even bother reading up on it as its a shit-show where everyone is at fault. If you'd still like to get a general idea here you go.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/news/tiktok-ratings-1-star-indian-users-ban-faizal-siddiqui-carryminati-2231440

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Short Story

TikTok pissed off a famous Indian YouTuber. Followers lined up, rated app poorly. TikTok ratings drop.

Mildly Long Story

There's a famous YouTuber over here whose entire show runs around making fun of topics and being a dick while doing it (like literally a dick) and he made a video on TikTok. Well, YT and the folks at TikTok caught onto it and banned the video citing cyber-bullying. Then the guy turns from an angry punk into an overnight spreader of love and all things associated with it because his income from YT dried up faster than he could imagine. 

This of course spawned all his followers to go on a rampage rating TikTok as some shit platform which is rich considering the person they were following was producing similar content. This is not to say that YT has been unfavorable to folks doing content in India but what YT did was funny to ban the video and there's been a lot of problems with TikTok in general surrounding a case that recently came up involving some groups on WhatsApp/Instagram with teens claiming rape acts/threats towards women (ficitional threats of course). The timing of it all was just bad for the person who got banned but TikTok as a platform is more toxic than nuclear waste over here from the looks of things.

Couple all that together with the second largest population on the planet and with enough rating drops TikTok goes down in their ratings. I wouldn't even bother reading up on it as its a shit-show where everyone is at fault. If you'd still like to get a general idea here you go.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/news/tiktok-ratings-1-star-indian-users-ban-faizal-siddiqui-carryminati-2231440

Thank you mate... Just heard about the fallout from it but not the reason behind it, but now I know.. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Thank you mate... Just heard about the fallout from it but not the reason behind it, but now I know.. 

Anything to tell the young'uns at work that you're hip with the times :)

• Haha 1