talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I didn’t think you were allowed to work and claim Furlough? 

Yeah, you can work but once you work for or over your regular hours, the furlough gets cancelled. As I do bar-work I’m on a zero-hour contract and as I’m working less hours that means I still get a combination of furlough and my regular pay. I’m just not sure how they’ll calculate it.

4 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Were you furloughed for a period of 3 of more weeks at any point before June 30th?

If yes you should be eligible for partial furlough, 80% pay of the missed hours. Your employer needs to submit the paperwork for this.

If you normally work mon-wed, but instead now work mon-tue, you'd be furloughed on Wed. So 80% of Wed pay will come from furlough scheme. You'd get 100% od mon-tue pay.

I get you, cheers!

On 09/08/2020 at 10:09, DeadLinesman said:

Cheers mate. We’re averaging 5 hours a night so it’s not all that bad to be honest. Bought the poor bastard his first kit yesterday.

1B5C1318-2E6E-4232-AAF7-0E162622F4C0.jpeg

Put money on his first words being "Penalty Ref" followed by a debatable tumble in the box...

• Haha 1

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I'm banned from reacting and commenting on Facebook for 24 hours. How is it that those conspiracy theory idiots are the first one to report you when you call them idiots? The irony. 

Might impose the same on here tbh.

• Haha 1

On 13/08/2020 at 17:55, Tommy said:

I'm banned from reacting and commenting on Facebook for 24 hours. How is it that those conspiracy theory idiots are the first one to report you when you call them idiots? The irony. 

Don’t rise to it! 

On 09/08/2020 at 10:09, DeadLinesman said:

Cheers mate. We’re averaging 5 hours a night so it’s not all that bad to be honest. Bought the poor bastard his first kit yesterday.

1B5C1318-2E6E-4232-AAF7-0E162622F4C0.jpeg

See this is all wrong for me... shouldn't be doing stuff like this, forcing your beliefs and delusions onto a baby that has no chance of making the right decision for themselves... Talk about giving the little one depression before they can even walk and talk properly, it's inhumane.. That's only the start as well, next you will be brainwashing the poor thing with your "We hate Liverpool" drivel and that's where it all begins.. in the home from an early age.. 

It's all wrong I tell ya!!! 

• Haha 1

Not that it's anything new but has anyone else noticed the serious decline in peoples ability to spell correctly?? Seems that for the most part I see some awful spelling on social media and even in some newspapers as well... It's ubelivable!! 

Seriously though it's getting really bad and either the education system is getting worse or people don't seem to have the ability to retain information.. I suspect it's probably a little of both

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

brainwashing the poor thing with your "We hate Liverpool" drivel and that's where it all begins.. in the home from an early age.. 

It's all wrong I tell ya!!! 

Tried that with our son "Support United son, you wont go wrong...bla, bla, bla..." he grew up and.......supports Liverpool, his choice, grrrrrrrff🤬

6 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Not that it's anything new but has anyone else noticed the serious decline in peoples ability to spell correctly?? Seems that for the most part I see some awful spelling on social media and even in some newspapers as well... It's ubelivable!! 

Seriously though it's getting really bad and either the education system is getting worse or people don't seem to have the ability to retain information.. I suspect it's probably a little of both

It doesn’t help when we have google and autocorrect literally in our hands. 

Lots of other factors in my opinion, like social media, lack of parental support, the ability to concentrate in our fast paced world, learning difficulties etc etc 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Toinho said:

It doesn’t help when we have google and autocorrect literally in our hands. 

True, I have Google Chrome Grammarly that will highlight spelling mistakes or what they think is mistakes so you either correct them yourselves or ignore or add them to your Google Chrome dictionary, a lot of American English spelling though is completely different to the UK like colour, flavour, labour in English so American English is spelt differently and that would show up in the Google Grammarly or auto-correct as a spelling mistake underlined in red 163290819_download(3).png.87ea1fa77ddf71bce84192671a699fb0.pngso you either correct then into English or just leave them.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So.. Police in Nottingham spotted a penguin out for a stroll in the road today... 

a cat sitting on top of a car: A penguin that was spotted by police as it ‘plodded’ up a street in Strelley, near Nottingham, in the early hours last weekend (Broxtowe North Police/PA)

All I could think of when I was reading this was that old advert... 

All I could think of was Penguins of Madagascar xD 

• Haha 1

So every once in a while I think about how long I’ve been a part of this community (I’m including the older forums in that too)... and it’s pretty remarkable that I’ve been talking to some of you on the internet for so long. Some of you I’ve known on here for... over a decade.

Not sure what the point of this post is other than saying, hey guys thanks for being cool all this time and being my online football friends.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGoHtHXqzpt8WUDGPOYo3

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Azeem said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQPmwdTPD9g_MxE9Lvc-F

Why is Russia here ?

Spoils of war; gifted to Russia in the Potsdam Conference. It's a strategically important region for them as its the only ice-free naval outlet to the Baltic Sea that Russia has. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Spoils of war; gifted to Russia in the Potsdam Conference. It's a strategically important region for them as its the only ice-free naval outlet to the Baltic Sea that Russia has. 

I think world powers like having overseas territories even if they aren't of any use because it makes them look cool. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Did you know Australia and the UK (and Australia) almost went to war in the 1930s? The British Government was pressuring the Australian Government to repay the 'debt' of the military supplies given to Australian to help in WW1. So the UK asks Australia to help with their war, gives them equipment to facilitate involvement, and then expects to be paid back for everything. The Prime Minister wasn't a powerful office at the time and had his hands full with the NSW Premier Jack Lang that outright refused to pay the 'debt' the UK, stating that it was illegal as it would reduce the Australian economy and people to 'slaves' of the UK. The PM was allied with the UK and had the (weakened) military on his books, but Jack Lang had the police on his books, leading to staunch confrontations that luckily never ended in violence. I cannot stress how close the country came to collapsing over this crisis, Lang's actions of moving state money into holding of a private bank (to prevent being funds being paid to the UK) were deemed illegal and his government was dissolved, but not without half of Sydney protesting the result.

• Upvote 1