talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

I've started working for a utilities firm this week as there are 25,000 sensors that need to be installed to manholes throughout the North West and I got lucky to get on it with my mate, who does the driving(while I do all the paper work on the tablet). But anyway, we were in Stockport today, a postman was delivering a parcel across the road. The next minute, some huge, angry German Shepherd came running out at him, he ran inside a garden and closed the fence, then the dog turned and looked at us. I've never seen my mate run so fast back to the van, I myself also ran like fuck as well of course. The worst thing to do is run though, as by doing so you're enticing it. It wanted the postman and not us, so by running we were bringing the attention on to us, but in that moment you fucking shit yourself xD. Luckily the owner went out after it and managed to get it back in.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Haha 3

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Don't know just saw and posted it here, think Europe is added to the list with other countries

Sigh. It's by far more complicated. Once the pandemic hit, Thailand stopped issuing tourist visas altogether. A while ago, they came up with an idea to create something called "special tourist visa" for citizens of countries they deem to be not affected by the virus, which is essentially a 9 month visa (3 months initially with possibility to extend it for 3 more months twice), and to get it, you were supposed to fulfill certain requirements - negative corona test upon entry, multiple testing when in land, 100000$ health insurance with covid coverage, 14 day quarantine upon arrival, tracing app afterwards. Anyway, to be granted the visa, you also had to provide paid receipts of flight and hotel bookings as well as pay the visa fees. Nothing unusual, except Thai government decided to suspend all already issued "special tourist visas" less than 48 hours before first groups of tourist were supposed to arrive claiming the infrastructure was not yet ready for that, and refused to refund any money for charter flights or hotels or anything else for those who were already flying in. The truth is, there was barely any interest for this "special tourist visa" ; Thailand tourism authorities were hoping to attract a lot of rich Chinese with it, but quite clearly nobody wants to spend their holiday quarantining in expensive hotels and having to report to the immigration authorities every time you move around in the country. So since this experiment failed before it even started, Thailand decided to re-introduce the regular tourist visa (2 months) they offered before covid, but added an extra requirement of 15000€ in a bank account in the last 6 months in order to limit the number of applications, as what they badly want now are some rich tourists to boost their economy while still keeping the overall number of tourists low during the pandemic, not hordes of cheap charlies chugging Chang beer on the beach 24/7. What they don't realise is that not many people will be interested in a month of holiday if they have to go through a bureaucratic nightmare to get a visa and then have to spend half of their holiday locked in a hotel room... Meanwhile, a lot of people with valid visas, families and livelihoods in Thailand - including actual Thai nationals - aren't allowed to enter the country because contrary to rich tourists, they are not considered to be walking ATMs and are therefore useless. 

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 2

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Fuck the flu, that's why I get the flu jab every year.

Just take time off work and get rid of it, a few hot toddies (whisky) should do the trick. ;)

Oh god don't say that. @Bluewolfhas never taken a day off work in his life and he'll make sure you know it!

Also, good point about the flu jab. He's definitely old enough... 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well that's my record halted.... Got sent home from work about an hour ago and now they want me to ring 111 before they will let me back :(

Terrible. You're meant to be an example for the rest of us.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Terrible. You're meant to be an example for the rest of us.

I know..  I have principles you know... xD 

I had a bit of a row with my boss over it this morning, He asked me how I was and I told him I was fine and he went on and on about how I didn't sound fine etc and that he thought I should go home but I wasn't having it... We are short of staff as well. It's just a bog standard cold/flu and I normally work my through it so I was less than impressed when he went to HR and they said send me home... I have had it since Saturday and I have all the normal things, Sore throat, Chesty cough etc.. but no difficulty breathing or high temperature, loss of taste or smell or any of that... I was actually a bit annoyed, I did tell him that maybe they might like to help me across the road while their at it... 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I know..  I have principles you know... xD 

I had a bit of a row with my boss over it this morning, He asked me how I was and I told him I was fine and he went on and on about how I didn't sound fine etc and that he thought I should go home but I wasn't having it... We are short of staff as well. It's just a bog standard cold/flu and I normally work my through it so I was less than impressed when he went to HR and they said send me home... I have had it since Saturday and I have all the normal things, Sore throat, Chesty cough etc.. but no difficulty breathing or high temperature, loss of taste or smell or any of that... I was actually a bit annoyed, I did tell him that maybe they might like to help me across the road while their at it... 

Is it COVID they're worried about though?

Even if not, is it a preventative measure to recuperate/recover at home as opposed to pass it on to other members of the team (flu/Cold/COVID) and make you further short-staffed?

They'd rather have you off for a day (or just under) as opposed to longer... 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Is it COVID they're worried about though?

Even if not, is it a preventative measure to recuperate/recover at home as opposed to pass it on to other members of the team (flu/Cold/COVID) and make you further short-staffed?

They'd rather have you off for a day (or just under) as opposed to longer... 

I am sure they are just taking precautions which is the right thing to do... I did laugh when my boss said he was only thinking of my health but then asked me to make sure all the equipment was sorted before I left today which took a further 45 minutes to complete... xD

It just feels like a typical cold/flu that I might normally get this time of year but they have taken me through everything on the phone and the website and I have been asked to book a test so I have... 

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I am sure they are just taking precautions which is the right thing to do... I did laugh when my boss said he was only thinking of my health but then asked me to make sure all the equipment was sorted before I left today which took a further 45 minutes to complete... xD

It just feels like a typical cold/flu that I might normally get this time of year but they have taken me through everything on the phone and the website and I have been asked to book a test so I have... 

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I did tell him that maybe they might like to help me across the road while their at it... 

:rofl:

No, serious buddy, like me at my age the same as you, you have to be careful especially with this Coronavirus going around, our daughter (ex-nurse, careworker for the old) is always checking on me and the wife to make sure we are ok and we have had a test and all is fine so I hope yours comes back as ok.

Having a laugh now while we are at it, we live behind the local sewage works and sometimes when the wind blows our way you can smell it and all the locals have complained about it over the years to no avail, anyway, they say if you have no smell etc that is one of the signs of the Coronavirus.

A couple of weeks back sitting here I let off a silent fart and I had been drinking red wine and it smelt something awful, I noticed the wife sniffing and then she looked at me and said "Have you just farted or is that Seafield I can smell?" I just laughed and told her she has no Coronavirus if she can smell my farts, she called me a dirty bastard and said it reeks, grabbed a tin of air-freshener and started to spray. xD