talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber

Since I last posted I was staying at the Sandman across from St James and had a weekend out in Newcastle and I met our very own Geordie.. Mr Danny Hays. I was absolutely smashed when i saw him and we didn't have a proper beer but will be doing in the future. Bloody love that City and those people xD

Edited by JOSHBRFC

15 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So Croydon has declared bankruptcy... They are blaming the Government for spending cuts and the Government are blaming them for poor investments, either way some serious cuts are going to be needed and as always it's the community that will suffer most... 

I never normally read Private Eye but have seen a couple of recent issues, and needless to say this has come up in it. Impression I get is classic local government shambles, in this instance a massive ongoing payout to an old Leader, and some dodgy investments and dealings on commercial properties in the borough, etc. Northamptonshire County Council were on the verge of going under years a couple of years ago too. Suspect as part of the post-Covid fallout we'll see a proper rationalisation of local government in England which'll hopefully work out better financially in the long run. 

28 minutes ago, tlr said:

I never normally read Private Eye but have seen a couple of recent issues, and needless to say this has come up in it. Impression I get is classic local government shambles, in this instance a massive ongoing payout to an old Leader, and some dodgy investments and dealings on commercial properties in the borough, etc. Northamptonshire County Council were on the verge of going under years a couple of years ago too. Suspect as part of the post-Covid fallout we'll see a proper rationalisation of local government in England which'll hopefully work out better financially in the long run. 

I think what I find most disappointing is that there is a total lack of control/management over spending at any level and it allows things to spiral out of control until it's too late to do anything.. The Government are the same, It's been noted on numerous occasions about the spending during Covid and who is getting all this money and as always it's "we can talk about this later once it's over" and by then millions will have been squandered.. absolutely disgraceful anyway you look at it.. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, tlr said:

Government have made huge cuts to local government budgets. They certainly have to take a lot of the blame. 

8 minutes ago, Storts said:

Government have made huge cuts to local government budgets. They certainly have to take a lot of the blame. 

Yes, the government are far from innocent. However, from what I have heard of Croydon and the various other headlines that seem to crop up from time to time, I don't think you can absolve the councils themselves either. Some of the amounts of money banded about and tales of goings on are incredible. I accept most are genuinely doing their best in trying circumstances, but some others are, let's be frank, their own downfall.

On 07/11/2020 at 13:07, JOSHBRFC said:

Since I last posted I was staying at the Sandman across from St James and had a weekend out in Newcastle and I met our very own Geordie.. Mr Danny Hays. I was absolutely smashed when i saw him and we didn't have a proper beer but will be doing in the future. Bloody love that City and those people xD

I hope you two didn't go two's up on Kirsty the Sunderland fan :ph34r:

• Haha 1

The Rooney v Vardy game has kicked off... 

There has been a lot of build up to this match much of which nobody gave a flying fuck about unless you were always down the tanning salon or getting your nails done ... Hold on!! And it's an early goal for the Vardys!!!! VAR is checking on it now and the decision is.................................... An own Goal by the Rooneys!! it's allowed to stand 

Rooney 0 - 1 Vardy 

The Judge... I mean Ref, has made the Roonys cough up £22,000 in legal fees to the Vardys in the opening exchanges.. 

Edited by Bluewolf

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

The Rooney v Vardy game has kicked off... 

There has been a lot of build up to this match much of which nobody gave a flying fuck about unless you were always down the tanning salon or getting your nails done ... Hold on!! And it's an early goal for the Vardys!!!! VAR is checking on it now and the decision is.................................... An own Goal by the Rooneys!! it's allowed to stand 

Rooney 0 - 1 Vardy 

The Judge... I mean Ref, has made the Roonys cough up £22,000 in legal fees to the Vardys in the opening exchanges.. 

But enough of one to post about it :ph34r:

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Don't even try and pretend you don't get hourly Twitter updates and Facebook notifications.... 

Haha to be fair 100% the scoreline is Vardy 1-0 Rooney and I'm here for it. 

On the flip side, I couldn't give a shit and I think the sheer dog's abuse Rebekah Vardy gets and did get way before this incident is fucking weird and horrible from all the virgins on social media. That's more of a prevalent issue for me how toxic social media can be towards someone. 

• Subscriber

Need some advice and inspiration...in a few weeks it’s my best friends 30th birthday. All we’re doing because of everything is just 3 of us having a night in at another guys house.. he’s kicking his wife and child out for it.

We need ideas for surprises and gifts. Obviously he’s going to be getting ruined that goes without saying. But we want to buy something funny and just make it a good night. 

This is all obviously providing new covid rules and restrictions where my other friend lives allow us. Of course. :D

Edited by JOSHBRFC

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Need some advice and inspiration...in a few weeks it’s my best friends 30th birthday. All we’re doing because of everything is just 3 of us having a night in at another guys house.. he’s kicking his wife and child out for it.

We need ideas for surprises and gifts. Obviously he’s going to be getting ruined that goes without saying. But we want to buy something funny and just make it a good night. 

This is all obviously providing new covid rules and restrictions where my other friend lives allow us. Of course. :D

FFS mate I've already told you. Kraken or some JD will do.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

FFS mate I've already told you. Kraken or some JD will do.

Haha that goes without saying and will be polished off the same night. 

I want fun games and gifts and possibly some way to humiliate him. That doesn’t involve a stripper xD 

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Stan said:

An actual stripper, not your DIY paint-stripper mate.

Hahaha xD

46 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That's my idea straight in the bin then..... 

Come on, wise man like yourself will have plenty more ideas up his sleeve 

Everyone’s a vaccine expert now. “Stop listening to the media and do your own research” says the person that literally does not understand what credible research is.

All the Scientists are saying the vaccines are good to go but Steve on Facebook says otherwise

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Danny said:

Everyone’s a vaccine expert now. “Stop listening to the media and do your own research” says the person that literally does not understand what credible research is.

All the Scientists are saying the vaccines are good to go but Steve on Facebook says otherwise

Haha yep. So many people I know are saying they’re not getting the vaccine. I’m not biting for now as everyone has their god given choice. It’s when people start saying “you’re all sheep” bla bla or “you’re stupid for doing this” bla bla that tempts me to bite.

The best one is “don’t believe the media” yet believe some tin hat Facebook expert.

Edited by JoshBRFC
  • Upvote 2

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Danny said:

3 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Haha yep. So many people I know are saying they’re not getting the vaccine. I’m not biting for now as everyone has their god given choice. It’s when people start saying “you’re all sheep” bla bla or “you’re stupid for doing this” bla bla that tempts me to bite.

The best one is “don’t believe the media” yet believe some tin hat Facebook expert.

Haha literally the same on our local FB group. Some woman went on a rant and started off with that Dusseldorf court case where mask rules in public were enforced but a citizen made a case against it and won. The rumour which then went around FB was that mask-wearing for 2 hours prevents oxygen getting to the brain and causes illness/disease itself and that is what this woman posted about. She quickly got shot down when a few people mentioned that the oxygen stuff was bullshit and there was no record of any such provable claim. 

I'm 100% happy believing scientists that have researched this and got it through the MHRA for approval and regulation. People then ask why it got through so quickly - logic would dictate they've had a lot of funding and research pumped in to it hence being able to fast-track it :what:. Rather believe that than some randomers spouting off on the internet thinking they know better.