talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Batard said:

It's good news. Thank fuck. 

Brilliant news buddy, especially with Xmas coming up, you may have put retired in your logo but we want you back, well, I know I do.

You are the Mafia Master of the games and the sooner you are back in the fold in here the better. :ay::congrats:

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, McAzeem said:

Cuba invaded Angola !? So random

Invaded is strong. They sent troops to support the communist side in the civil war. Cuba's always tried to export communism beyond its borders (sending doctors overseas being a topical example) albeit on a small scale due to their size and economic frailty. At that time, Vietnam had just ended and the major players were tiring of getting involved in foreign wars. Cuba, at their strongest economically, saw their opportunity to make their mark

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

American Golf can get in the fucking bin xD 

Bought something for my dad a couple of weeks ago. It arrived damaged so as an Xmas gift it's not really suitable to give.

Tried to contact them via phone or after-sales e-mail. No response. The only way I managed to get any kind of response from them was through their request via Trustpilot and leave a review there. So I did. They got back to me on there and said to e-mail their after-sales team.

So I did. I eventually got an e-mail response asking me if I wanted to get a refund or a replacement.

I replied asking for a replacement and how long it might take given it's getting closer and closer to Xmas. No response. I chase. No response.

I got an e-mail today saying they've resolved the query :dash3:

Twats xD 

The wind tore off a section of my roofing on the lean to last night at about 3am... made a hell of a noise and woke everyone up except me because I was already awake.. Been out there fixing it all morning and it's bloody freezing out, lucky my neighbour gave me a cup of tea and some chocolate biscuits to keep me going... 

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

The wind tore off a section of my roofing on the lean to last night at about 3am... made a hell of a noise and woke everyone up except me because I was already awake.. Been out there fixing it all morning and it's bloody freezing out, lucky my neighbour gave me a cup of tea and some chocolate biscuits to keep me going... 

As long as you, your family and neighbours are ok and no one was hurt that's the main thing, buddy.

6 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

As long as you, your family and neighbours are ok and no one was hurt that's the main thing, buddy.

Yea, everyone's good, It's not as bad as it sounds though as it's Perspex sheeting only when I installed it I left a 3 inch overhang going over next doors wall and on the day of finishing it started raining quite heavily so had to leave it for another day to trim off and fit the last timber strip that pins it to stop the wind getting underneath it for that very reason... Well I never went back to it because although it rattled a bit when the wind was up you hardly noticed.. Every time I heard it rattling I thought " I must get up there and sort that out" but just never happened... Shoddy workmanship on my part and serves me right.. xD

I would have got out of bed and got up there much earlier this morning but I was still full of eating 2 hours worth Cheese Nibbles the night before... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That must be one dumb hippy that comes back for seconds after getting his arse handed to him... xD

I was waiting for the old boy battering him with his trolly, I would have, just showed my laddie and he laughed his arse off and said serve the bastard right. xD 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Spike said:

Was about to join the Sporcle quiz but the thread is locked.  Reminds me of the time I was kicked out of the fantasy without being told xD

To be fair, the Fantasy League thing didn't happen overnight if I remember correctly! We had no idea who had joined and gave it a fair amount of time for someone to let us know who it was and there was no response :what: