talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Apparently this was shot over several days then put together to form a complete run... Even though it's not all one shot this is some proper James Bond style shit.. 

Yup this is real... edited a little but real - 9GAG

Looks good but you would never get me doing something like that in a million years. O.o

I am strongly considering going back to University to study Seismology. I wasn't keen on the idea for studying as most of the things I wanted to be I could work my way up, but Seismology is a science and requires studies.

The reason I'm having doubts is because I have a very low attention span and thats why I didn't complete college the last time.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I am strongly considering going back to University to study Seismology. I wasn't keen on the idea for studying as most of the things I wanted to be I could work my way up, but Seismology is a science and requires studies.

The reason I'm having doubts is because I have a very low attention span and thats why I didn't complete college the last time.

This is earth-shattering news, Brian.

Good luck.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

I am not sure if that was an intended pun, but to most of my family it was indeed 'earth-shattering' xD

With me, it almost certainly always is xD 

I'm sure if you do succeed, you'll be making waves in your field in no time.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Why Seismology?

Just now, nudge said:

Why Seismology?

Seismology was my only option regarding a science when I was told to pick a career back in high school. Since I was about 10 or 11 I've loved researching what causes earthquakes and tsunamis. I remember I spent hours looking at what happened in Japan back in 2011. I'm not too bothered at sciences but Seismology is one that definitely has interested me for a long time.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Seismology was my only option regarding a science when I was told to pick a career back in high school. Since I was about 10 or 11 I've loved researching what causes earthquakes and tsunamis. I remember I spent hours looking at what happened in Japan back in 2011. I'm not too bothered at sciences but Seismology is one that definitely has interested me for a long time.

What did you study before?

Be ready for a lot of maths, programming and physics if you decide to do it. That's quite a niche field, so you'd likely need a Master's degree to land a job in the industry.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

What did you study before?

Be ready for a lot of maths, programming and physics if you decide to do it. That's quite a niche field, so you'd likely need a Master's degree to land a job in the industry.

Sports Journalism and 3D Animation.

Sports Journalism I had some focus in, but 3D animation I dozed off completely. That's partially why I'm dubious, so I plan to work on my attention span in some way before applying to anything.

And yeah I'm aware, that's why I plan to study for it, because I definitely need a masters degree to get a job there.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Whiskey said:

That news has really shook me @Mpache. If you don't study hard you'll find the ground start to shake underneath you and swallow you whole. 

Good luck though, a meteoric rise would be amazing.

Not sure if you did it on purpose, but were the puns intended mate?