talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

Just now, Mpache said:

Stay safe @Devil-Dick Willie. Heard about the floods. Been in one myself in Lima back in 2017. Not a fun time to live through.

I live in Wollongong, we're fine. I've lived through them before too, back in 99 there was some nasty ones on my street. 

Some people I know on social media are marking themselves "safe" when I know they live in apartment blocks or on hills xD Whoopers 

• Haha 1

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I live in Wollongong, we're fine. I've lived through them before too, back in 99 there was some nasty ones on my street. 

Some people I know on social media are marking themselves "safe" when I know they live in apartment blocks or on hills xD Whoopers 

Yeah I was far from the flood too but I still felt the affects of it with them shutting off water and power. I've seen some of the images and the scenes are nasty. Not getting too much coverage either, a Youtuber I watch had to remind us.

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

Yeah I was far from the flood too but I still felt the affects of it with them shutting off water and power. I've seen some of the images and the scenes are nasty. Not getting too much coverage either, a Youtuber I watch had to remind us.

I live on a second story apartment (above a dentist) 
I literally walked to the gym and shops this morning. We've had no power outage. The only negative has been that over the weekend when the rain was heaviest I ate like shit because I just ubered my food instead of cooking, which is only because I ride a motorbike. 

• Subscriber

I remember the floods in Tilbury, Essex in 1953, I was 4 years old then but I can remember me, my mother, brother & sisters were all upstairs watching my old man on a door paddling around downstairs as the water was 6 foot deep, I looked out of our bedroom window and some guy was in a dustbin paddling along the flooded street, we all then were carried into a boat when the water receded a bit and evacuated to Chadwell which was on higher ground and everyone was allocated in a big hall.

1953 tilbury floods

1146870_10151601513972939_17674689_o-681x635.thumb.jpg.7799ccc11a186056f16b883aec9aa16c.jpg

24 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I remember the floods in Tilbury, Essex in 1953, I was 4 years old then but I can remember me, my mother, brother & sisters were all upstairs watching my old man on a door paddling around downstairs as the water was 6 foot deep, I looked out of our bedroom window and some guy was in a dustbin paddling along the flooded street, we all then were carried into a boat when the water receded a bit and evacuated to Chadwell which was on higher ground and everyone was allocated in a big hall.

1953 tilbury floods

1146870_10151601513972939_17674689_o-681x635.thumb.jpg.7799ccc11a186056f16b883aec9aa16c.jpg

@Bluewolf always had some really good stories of the 1953 floods, as he was in his 40's at the time he was part of the successful search and rescue project that is fondly talked about today.

• Haha 2

Yesterday I woke up, opened my window, and there was a single yellow balloon floating next to a storm drain opening in the gutter. Spooky

Today, after my housemate left for work, he came back in about 45 minutes later, he said hi to me, I said hi to him, he walked past the lounge room and into his room. After finishing my assessment I walked over to ask why he'd come back from work and he wasn't there. I messaged him and he was at work, he had never come home! WTF

I just had a shower and I got scalded because the cold water went off. I assumed my housemate had returned and was using the kitchen cold water. Odd that's he'd be home 9pm. NOPE HES NOT HERE MY APPARTMENT IS HAUNTED GOD DAMN!! No I'm not having plumbing issues either and that shit never happens. 

• Haha 2

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yesterday I woke up, opened my window, and there was a single yellow balloon floating next to a storm drain opening in the gutter. Spooky

Today, after my housemate left for work, he came back in about 45 minutes later, he said hi to me, I said hi to him, he walked past the lounge room and into his room. After finishing my assessment I walked over to ask why he'd come back from work and he wasn't there. I messaged him and he was at work, he had never come home! WTF

I just had a shower and I got scalded because the cold water went off. I assumed my housemate had returned and was using the kitchen cold water. Odd that's he'd be home 9pm. NOPE HES NOT HERE MY APPARTMENT IS HAUNTED GOD DAMN!! No I'm not having plumbing issues either and that shit never happens. 

are you as high as @Danny was when he made that Alonso/Gerrard topic mate?

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It all sounds like some evil plan your housemate came up with in order to make you doubt your sanity. 

17 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yellow balloon you say... 

Stephen King Laughing GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

It all sounds like some evil plan your housemate came up with in order to make you doubt your sanity. 

Nah, he's a dumbass, and depressed, and such a self absorbed cunt he doesn't think about others

Also, we live on a second floor. If he went into the bedrooms section there's only one way out. And he can't just come and go from work 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Nah, he's a dumbass, and depressed, and such a self absorbed cunt he doesn't think about others

Also, we live on a second floor. If he went into the bedrooms section there's only one way out. And he can't just come and go from work 

Set up cameras everywhere, just in case it happens again... Maybe some booby traps too, to make it more fun... xD

• Haha 1

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Set up cameras everywhere, just in case it happens again... Maybe some booby traps too, to make it more fun... xD

a spoof of Paranormal Activity, if you will!

52 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Do you have a carbon monoxide detector in your house?