talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

Just now, Stan said:

December Fools Day? 

Nah, not for me Clive. 

It's called "Dia de los inocentess" which translates to "innocents day".

In Peru, we don't know the existence of "April Fools", so I am taking advantage.

One of my mates in my group chat said a young Peruvian is going to Ajax, and it's now rebounding on the Peruvian press. It's become so easy to sell whitesmoke.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Mpache said:

It's called "Dia de los inocentess" which translates to "innocents day".

In Peru, we don't know the existence of "April Fools", so I am taking advantage.

One of my mates in my group chat said a young Peruvian is going to Ajax, and it's now rebounding on the Peruvian press. It's become so easy to sell whitesmoke.

Peru is a very gullable nation. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
On 30/03/2021 at 17:03, DeadLinesman said:

I’m playing Thursday night. Pray for me.

How was it? 

My legs are like jelly. I wasn't even playing twice a week before lockdown so fuck knows why I chose to do it this week, first week back xD

Think I just missed playing so much so wanted to get right back in to it. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Stan said:

How was it? 

My legs are like jelly. I wasn't even playing twice a week before lockdown so fuck knows why I chose to do it this week, first week back xD

Think I just missed playing so much so wanted to get right back in to it. 

I took 3 players on. Got past 2 and as I ‘sprinted’ past the third, I literally fell over. My legs just gave way. Complete jelly. It was hilarious xD.

• Haha 3

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Centre circle of a small 5 a side pitch. I’d only gone a few yards 😂

I can just picture you running along like a young Maradona with the wind behind your back and then going arse over tip tripping on a blade of grass :rofl:

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Centre circle of a small 5 a side pitch. I’d only gone a few yards 😂

I remember being out one afternoon walking the dog with the kids and my daughter was bigging me up about how fast I could run to her boyfriend and he started laughing when she suggested I could beat him easy.... so on the way back there is a huge stretch of open ground with one of them big electric pylons at the end so I told him I would race him to it.. We both set off and at first I was ahead because I obviously surprised him then we were neck and neck for a bit then just hitting the last leg and like you a total bottom half collapse... went down like a bag of coal being thrown from a truck .. totally ruined my shirt.... anyway being the sympathetic lot my kids are they all burst out laughing.. I told him I only lost because I must have slipped on dogshit or something.. xD

Sad times... 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

@Staff when a topic is locked, that means you shouldn't post any further, it doesn't matter how much you want to fuel your blinded hate even further.

Grow the fuck up. I'm honestly sick of enemies.

You sound paranoid as fuck. Do you only see black and white? Everyone who disagrees with you is automatically an enemy? You responded to me with wrong assumptions and I just wanted to clarify things. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

You sound paranoid as fuck. Do you only see black and white? Everyone who disagrees with you is automatically an enemy? You responded to me with wrong assumptions and I just wanted to clarify things. 

1. I am paranoid

2. you’re not disagreeing, you have mocked my mental health time and time again, resorting to the “you are saying me a lot” card failing to realize that’s a symptom of depression.

3. I am sick of enemies in general. Sometimes they make themselves, especially with how naive I am. 

You point out that I don’t “practice what I preach” but half the time you mock my mental health you’re just pushing someone off the edge further. I don’t care if it’s real life or a forum. I don’t want to come on here and be reminded of real life.

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

1. I am paranoid

2. you’re not disagreeing, you have mocked my mental health time and time again, resorting to the “you are saying me a lot” card failing to realize that’s a symptom of depression.

3. I am sick of enemies in general. Sometimes they make themselves, especially with how naive I am. 

You point out that I don’t “practice what I preach” but half the time you mock my mental health you’re just pushing someone off the edge further. I don’t care if it’s real life or a forum. I don’t want to come on here and be reminded of real life.

Nobody is an "enemy" on here dude. And I never mocked your mental health? Mental health issues are not an excuse for being a self-centered dick btw. 

Are you seeing a psychiatrist? 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Nobody is an "enemy" on here dude. And I never mocked your mental health? Mental health issues are not an excuse for being a self-centered dick btw. 

Are you seeing a psychiatrist? 

You WERE mocking my mental health, don’t sugarcoat it. Just accept your mistake and don’t do it again. If I’m pulling the me card with a sympathy thread it probably means I’m at a low point.

And yes, but not as regularly as I would like.

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

You WERE mocking my mental health, don’t sugarcoat it. Just accept your mistake and don’t do it again. If I’m pulling the me card with a sympathy thread it probably means I’m at a low point.

And yes, but not as regularly as I would like.

I never once mocked your mental health. Maybe your behaviour that shouldn't be excused by mental health issues. 

You should make it more regular, because it's obvious even from an outsider point of view that you need it badly. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I never once mocked your mental health. Maybe your behaviour that shouldn't be excused by mental health issues. 

You should make it more regular, because it's obvious even from an outsider point of view that you need it badly. 

I don't blame poor behaviour on mental health, I do blame it on paranoia and naivety though.

The fact you're still denying the fact you mocked my mental health (on more than one occasion) is worrying.

2 hours ago, Mpache said:

@Staff when a topic is locked, that means you shouldn't post any further, it doesn't matter how much you want to fuel your blinded hate even further.

Grow the fuck up. I'm honestly sick of enemies.

Tbf you made a thread about how it’s very important we talk about mental health and how we need to treat each other better...

... when we have a mental health thread on here. So that’s probably the best place to discuss that without having a thread with a clickbaity title & have the issue more seriously discussed.

I don’t think anyone on here has mocked anyone else on here for having mental health issues. Mocking people’s behavior is a different thing entirely, imo. 

And, to reiterate... none of us in the staff think any of you are our enemies xD - it’s bizarrely hilarious I’ve even had to type that.

I truly sympathise with anyone suffering from mental health issues. Particularly when the issues have become debilitating - which I think a lot of people, myself included, have felt from time to time. Even if I haven’t opened up about them on here really.

I’m sure all of us have had to deal with at least one big issue in their life where they’ve felt their mental health get seriously impacted for the worse. And honestly, it’s statistically unlikely that anyone just has to deal with “just the one” mental health issue.

It’s good to open up, and people tried to ask you questions to elaborate more... you know, to talk and to help... and (to me at least) it looks you didn’t hear really what you were looking for and got a bit pissed off about that. Then @Tommy posted a reaction gif and low and behold another thread locked.

As far as I know, none of us are mental health professionals (but I could be wrong), so if you’ve got serious on the verge of being on a breakdown issues right now... I don’t know how much our good natured but also not the most serious bunch will actually help you at the end of the day. Especially if you’re not willing to open up to the point where when asked by other members of the community to ask difficult introspective questions that make you take a look at your own actions. Because that’s where all of the change is made - in your mind while looking at the issues from different angles.

It’s good your comfortable enough to open up. That’s always the first step in wanting to address whatever mental issue you might be facing. But the next step is being ready to be able to look at things from other perspectives, even ones you might not agree with or want to agree with.

Especially in the situation you described in that thread. That’s just my opinion though, and how I interpreted what happened there.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think anyone on here has mocked anyone else on here for having mental health issues. Mocking people’s behavior is a different thing entirely, imo. 

I appreciate your post, but this above is bollocks. Behaviour can be impacted by mental health. I was blamed for playing the "me me me" or attention seeking card, which IS a symptom of depression.

https://www.bridgestorecovery.com/blog/look-at-me-attention-seeking-behavior-as-a-symptom-of-psychological-distress/

Also caused by loneliness, which I do go through especially in these times.

Stop defending Tommy, he mocked my mental health and has done it again and again and again.

If you use racist slurs and then say "you took it out of context" does that make it OK?

42 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I appreciate your post, but this above is bollocks. Behaviour can be impacted by mental health. I was blamed for playing the "me me me" or attention seeking card, which IS a symptom of depression.

https://www.bridgestorecovery.com/blog/look-at-me-attention-seeking-behavior-as-a-symptom-of-psychological-distress/

Also caused by loneliness, which I do go through especially in these times.

Stop defending Tommy, he mocked my mental health and has done it again and again and again.

If you use racist slurs and then say "you took it out of context" does that make it OK?

Behavior can be impacted by mental health, but saying “oh I’m going through a rough time” doesn’t excuse shitty behavior.

The last analogy doesn’t really work out because in the real world it’s more like using a racial slur... then blaming mental health issues.

Again, to my knowledge none of us are mental health professionals. We’re just people on a football forum.

As someone separated from my entire family, most of my closest friends... and as a human being living through a pandemic and me not wanting to accidentally kill anyone... I truly do understand and empathise with feeling lonely. As someone who’s struggled with anxiety, addiction and a whole lot of other internal demons I also can relate to feeling depressed from time to time.

It is hard to open up, I get that. And that whole sentiment of “we need to talk” is clearly a fairly popular one, as we’ve got a pretty long lasting thread where people have “talked about it” ... 

... but if you react badly to being asked to look introspectively, I guess I really just don’t understand what the hell you were expecting to happen. For instance @Cicero’s initial response is a good question to get you to look at it from the other perspective and you just brushed that off as though it was a complete waste of your time to, well, talk about it.

And I get it’s hard to keep opening up. But you have to realise it comes off as a bit disingenuous (at best) to sort of dismiss a decent follow up question about mental health.

TL;DR - here’s how that thread comes off as:

You: We need to talk

Other posters: Alright let’s talk

You: No, we don’t need to talk like this

@Tommy: lol

and here’s how this thread comes off as now:

You: you are my enemies, grow up!

Staff: don’t use mental health as an excuse for shit behavior

You: I don’t

Staff: It looks like you did

You: well my mental health excuses my behavior!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

If you’re seriously defending Tommy when he clearly mocked my mental health for like the 15th million time, then it’s best to ban me for the good of everyone. 

the fact mental health is seen as an “excuse” in any scenarios is why suicides continue to happen to a massive rate, and then people lament it for a day before doing their usual thing again.

2 hours ago, Mpache said:

If you’re seriously defending Tommy when he clearly mocked my mental health for like the 15th million time, then it’s best to ban me for the good of everyone. 

the fact mental health is seen as an “excuse” in any scenarios is why suicides continue to happen to a massive rate, and then people lament it for a day before doing their usual thing again.

You're going to have to get over it bud. And use the ignore function if it makes it easier.

Having read through both these threads hours later I don't feel I've seen you mocked for your mental health situation. I saw an eye roll from Tommy which I'd attribute to a fatigue of having seen these types of threads created before that tend to end up locked.

• Administrator

I also think the best place to look for help probably isn't an Internet football forum. I 100% agree with @Dr. Gonzo that it's great you've had the confidence and ability to open up to us, but unless we truly know the issues you are facing with the whole context, and the fact we aren't MH professionals, means we probably can't give you the answers you want or need.

@Dr. Gonzo raised some good points in both posts and in both, you've gone straight in to the 'I can't believe you're defending @Tommy' viewpoint. Firstly not what he was doing and secondly, you've skipped over all the good stuff to focus on one other thing. 

Whether you like hearing it or not I think you should seek professional help as that seriously will be the best place for you to improve your MH and resolve the issues you have. 

• Upvote 2

@Mpache would have to use the ignore function on everybody on here if we were to go down that road. 

This is a football discussion board, we are here to talk about football. Nobody is your fucking enemy. You clearly have issues, as you admitted yourself, but your paranoia doesn’t mean it’s true what you are saying. To put it bluntly, nobody on here gives THAT much of a shit about another member to call them an enemy. 

You are now starting to completely excuse your terrible posting behaviour on your mental health. Like Gonzo said, we all go through shit times in life where we feel low, but it doesn’t excuse acting like a dickhead at times.

I really do think you need to seek more help for these issues if you are struggling though. Talking on here may be somewhat helpful to you as a way to let off steam, but we can’t exactly give you anything near to the proper help you need. Hopefully you get the help you need. 

Edited by Rick
  • Upvote 1