talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

6 hours ago, Mpache said:

If you’re seriously defending Tommy when he clearly mocked my mental health for like the 15th million time

I didn't mock your mental health. I am very understanding of mental health issues. You talk about lacking empathy, yet you behave like a little entitled spoilt brat most of the time, and then complain if people call you out on it because they are tired of dealing with your shit. Where is YOUR empathy in that? 

8 hours ago, Stan said:

I also think the best place to look for help probably isn't an Internet football forum. I 100% agree with @Dr. Gonzo that it's great you've had the confidence and ability to open up to us, but unless we truly know the issues you are facing with the whole context, and the fact we aren't MH professionals, means we probably can't give you the answers you want or need.

@Dr. Gonzo raised some good points in both posts and in both, you've gone straight in to the 'I can't believe you're defending @Tommy' viewpoint. Firstly not what he was doing and secondly, you've skipped over all the good stuff to focus on one other thing. 

Whether you like hearing it or not I think you should seek professional help as that seriously will be the best place for you to improve your MH and resolve the issues you have. 

Finally a good post which I agree with. 

However, it doesn't save the whole "mental health is an excuse" rhetoric which is the kind of comment that people say to manipulate an argument. Again, that just shows a lack of understanding. There is no proof you can present to me to show otherwise. It's a symptom of mental health, end of.

Anyways, I feel a bit better today. Needed a long nights sleep.

I don’t understand your position. You’ve taken me saying mental health is NOT an excuse for behaving like a dick. Then taken offense to that saying I’m saying mental health is just an excuse...

... and then saying some behaviors are excused because they’re a symptom of mental health.

So what, now you expect us to walk on eggshells when we post on here because you might be having a bad day?

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t understand your position. You’ve taken me saying mental health is NOT an excuse for behaving like a dick. Then taken offense to that saying I’m saying mental health is just an excuse...

... and then saying some behaviors are excused because they’re a symptom of mental health.

So what, now you expect us to walk on eggshells when we post on here because you might be having a bad day?

Why do you think I behave "like a dick"?

When you have your mental health mocked, as tiring as it gets, what am I supposed to do? 

What I want is a bit more empathy when I make a post like that thread yesterday. The thread was fine until Tommy did his usual thing. Seriously, I get he's your friend but there's no defending what he did. He could be a racist and you'd still defend him. It's beyond a joke at this point.

I agree that I need real professional help, but letting off a bit of steam can happen and that IS a symptom of bad mental health.

26 minutes ago, Mpache said:

He could be a racist and you'd still defend him.

Why do you keep referring to racism? Also, I highly, highly doubt someone of Persian decent would be best mates with a racist, but hey, that holes getting deeper so might as well throw a few more claymores into it.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Why do you think I behave "like a dick"?

When you have your mental health mocked, as tiring as it gets, what am I supposed to do? 

What I want is a bit more empathy when I make a post like that thread yesterday. The thread was fine until Tommy did his usual thing. Seriously, I get he's your friend but there's no defending what he did. He could be a racist and you'd still defend him. It's beyond a joke at this point.

I agree that I need real professional help, but letting off a bit of steam can happen and that IS a symptom of bad mental health.

How were you not being a dick? You made a thread called “we need to talk” and when people genuinely tried to talk with you... you closed them out - requested the thread closed, then came on here to accuse the staff of being your enemies!

That’s a dick move, imo. How am I your enemy? I was working when all of this happened and logged on to see it after the fact. How is the mod that locked your thread, per your request an enemy? That doesn’t seem very enemy-y.

You’ve even been able to use this thread as a platform to get your say in. If we were enemies we’d just ban you and never have to deal with this shite again.

And yes, I do consider @Tommy a friend even though I’ve never met him in real life. And as I’ve said many times here on the forum, I genuinely think he’s one of the nicest people I’ve met on the internet.

But I wouldn’t be his friend if he was racist. Fortunately, he isn’t a racist so I don’t have to worry about that. Similarly if he mocked people for struggling through depression or anything like that, I wouldn’t be friends with him. And similarly, we don’t have to worry about that in this instance because he did not do that.

I don’t know what to tell you, tbh. Tommy’s a nice guy that I feel could get on with ANYBODY. It absolutely blows my mind you seem to have a massive vendetta against him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How were you not being a dick? You made a thread called “we need to talk” and when people genuinely tried to talk with you... you closed them out - requested the thread closed, then came on here to accuse the staff of being your enemies!

Ok, no. I said I was doing something, and said I would "properly reply in a bit". I was being a dick to Tommy who was mocking my mental health. Don't even try to twist things. 

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You’ve even been able to use this thread as a platform to get your say in. If we were enemies we’d just ban you and never have to deal with this shite again.

I used this thread because the staff were trying to fuel their opinion even after it was locked. Which you shouldn't do. When it's locked, it means just leave it. God its not rocket science.

Regarding the racism comments, I am saying it's the same as mocking mental health. Racist comments encourage discrimination. Mocking mental health encourages suicide. Seriously, just admit you are all wrong and walk away. You're literally twisting arguments now to have your way.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

He didn’t mock your mental health though, you’re just grasping at straws because you don’t want to admit you’re wrong for some reason.

He did, you literally just said "people tried to talk with you". A gif of someone rolling his eyes isn't "someone trying to talk to me". Cicero, Machado were being genuine, Tommy wasn't. End of.

If Tommy said the N word, you would say he wasn't being racist. That's the point we've gotten to now. Stop denying it, it's pathetic. I showed a few people the conversation and they all agreed it was mocking my mental health.

• Administrator

Again, stop focusing on what Tommy did and focus on the rest of the posts people made to try and help you. 

You recognised it in my post earlier and it's all you're speaking about now. 

I know it might not be easy but please try and get over it. You're deflecting away from all the issues at hand when you mention Tommy, staff posting in a thread, racism similarities etc... Either get to the point or let it go. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mpache said:

He did, you literally just said "people tried to talk with you". A gif of someone rolling his eyes isn't "someone trying to talk to me". Cicero, Machado were being genuine, Tommy wasn't. End of.

If Tommy said the N word, you would say he wasn't being racist. That's the point we've gotten to now. Stop denying it, it's pathetic. I showed a few people the conversation and they all agreed it was mocking my mental health.

He posted an eye roll reaction gif because a thread that was started under the guise of being a mental health thread (which we have already) looked like it was being started so it could be a pity party thread (which, by the way that sort of state of mind is not going to help with your mental state or anyone else’s).

It’s not rocket science.

xD that second paragraph is so fucking stupid I don’t know how to address it other than saying: 

Seriously, just admit you are all wrong and walk away. You're literally twisting arguments now to have your way.

Just now, Stan said:

Again, stop focusing on what Tommy did and focus on the rest of the posts people made to try and help you. 

You recognised it in my post earlier and it's all you're speaking about now. 

I know it might not be easy but please try and get over it. You're deflecting away from all the issues at hand when you mention Tommy, staff posting in a thread, racism similarities etc... Either get to the point or let it go. 

That's like discriminating a black person with 2 others trying to help and then being told to get over it.

I agreed with you because you made a genuine post to help and admitted you aren't MH experts.

However, that doesn't mean Tommy did not mock my mental health and you are indirectly admitting it. This is the only place in the world where you'd defend your friend in order to try and hide his mistakes.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

That's like discriminating a black person with 2 others trying to help and then being told to get over it.

I agreed with you because you made a genuine post to help and admitted you aren't MH experts.

However, that doesn't mean Tommy did not mock my mental health and you are indirectly admitting it. This is the only place in the world where you'd defend your friend in order to try and hide his mistakes.

What do you want from us Brian? Like, what are you really looking for? Reassurance? Actual help? Actual professional advice? 

Get over what Tommy did or didn't do (not indirectly admitting anything). Stop deflecting from the real issue because it definitely isn't what someone says on a football forum. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He posted an eye roll reaction gif because a thread that was started under the guise of being a mental health thread (which we have already) looked like it was being started so it could be a pity party thread (which, by the way that sort of state of mind is not going to help with your mental state or anyone else’s).

It’s not rocket science.

No he didn't, and even if it was, that's still misunderstanding depression and mental health.

Tommy said this

That was my reaction because I knew it would eventually turn into another one of your "me me me me me me" topics. 

And I posted above how attention seeking is caused by mental disorder. Clear proof and you choose to ignore it to have your way.

Want to know why I wanted the thread locked? Because I regretted making that post, which clearly shows I wanted to let off steam and was frustrated, which has happened to me a million times before. I felt bad that I let my own mental health defeat me there, which is a symptom of me not doing so well.

The fact Tommy mocked it and Cicero/Machado who have mocked me many times before both wanted to help, tells you all you need to know.

Seriously, I've presented scientific proof, told you the difference between someone wanting to help and someone who is trying to be funny, and you still deny it. There is nothing you can do to convince me otherwise. Nothing. Give over, and don't try to cherry pick arguments to defend Tommy when he is clearly in the wrong.

Just now, Stan said:

What do you want from us Brian? Like, what are you really looking for? Reassurance? Actual help? Actual professional advice? 

Get over what Tommy did or didn't do (not indirectly admitting anything). Stop deflecting from the real issue because it definitely isn't what someone says on a football forum. 

I want Tommy to be reprimanded and want mocking mental health to be taken as seriously as racism, because they are just as bad as each other.

Tommy can poke fun at me if he wants, I don't really care. I only care if I post something whether it's in a mental health thread or a newly created one and he decides to post something to have a go at it. 

One thing is regular bullying which I'm going to have to learn to deal with, but when it comes to my mental health being mocked, that's a whole different ball game. Not that either is OK, but the latter is a much more serious and punishable issue.

It might be for the best that you take a break from here, for a week or so @Mpache? The forum is clearly making your irate/depressed judging by your posts from yesterday and today so it might be worth just taking a time and putting your mind to better use elsewhere. Head to the recording booth and start work on a new track? Get into seismology ahead of your college course? Start a scouting project? I just think that going round and round in circles isn't doing you any good mate, you don't need to leave forever or request to be banned - just log off and come back in a week or two. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

It might be for the best that you take a break from here, for a week or so @Mpache? The forum is clearly making your irate/depressed judging by your posts from yesterday and today so it might be worth just taking a time and putting your mind to better use elsewhere. Head to the recording booth and start work on a new track? Get into seismology ahead of your college course? Start a scouting project? I just think that going round and round in circles isn't doing you any good mate, you don't need to leave forever or request to be banned - just log off and come back in a week or two. 

Could be a good idea, I have a few tracks I'm working on.

I'll see how I feel after this whole conundrum is finished. I'm really just waiting for the University applications to open up.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I want Tommy to be reprimanded and want mocking mental health to be taken as seriously as racism, because they are just as bad as each other.

Tommy can poke fun at me if he wants, I don't really care. I only care if I post something whether it's in a mental health thread or a newly created one and he decides to post something to have a go at it. 

One thing is regular bullying which I'm going to have to learn to deal with, but when it comes to my mental health being mocked, that's a whole different ball game. Not that either is OK, but the latter is a much more serious and punishable issue.

Give over.

I meant in regards to your mental health. Weren't you wanting help with that yesterday? 

The first lines of the 2 paragraphs contradict each other. 

I'm done trying to help you. Tried to ask you lots of times what you want, what you need help with, how we can help. Yet you go back to going against @Tommy.

You have a bigger vendetta against him than you think he does against you. No one has bullied you ffs. 

Just now, Stan said:

Give over.

I meant in regards to your mental health. Weren't you wanting help with that yesterday? 

The first lines of the 2 paragraphs contradict each other. 

I'm done trying to help you. Tried to ask you lots of times what you want, what you need help with, how we can help. Yet you go back to going against @Tommy.

You have a bigger vendetta against him than you think he does against you. No one has bullied you ffs. 

I did want help with that yesterday, and I was going to talk to Cicero and Machado who were being genuine.

Tommy's post was mocking mental health, which he has done time and time again.

That's the thing that gets me, and that goes for anyone. Not just on this forum. Mocking mental health is as bad as racism, xenophobia, sexism and homophobia. It's not considered that yet in this society, but sooner or later it will. Because it encourages suicide.

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Agree with Whiskey on this one @Mpache

Take a break for a bit.. Sticking with it trying to fight your corner is just going to leave you feeling more frustrated and that can't be doing you any favours.. Just take a bit of a time out

Yes, Whiskey is 100% right. I'm going in circles with people who would rather defend their friend than admit they are wrong. It's essentially fighting a losing battle. Then they try to tell me mental health awareness is good in modern society.

I better not see someone on this forum lamenting a suicide death ever again, like they did with Claude. It's hypocritical to the death.

The first step to understanding mental health, is to not mock it. To understand when someone is going through hardships and not having a go at them.

@MpacheI haven't seen anything to suggest @Tommy is bully. The problem is your posts come across as very me me me everybody feel sorry for me. I have every sympathy for you but mental health does not excuse bad behaviour. It doesn't help but it doesn't excuse it. Also mate you are constantly arguing on here again. Admtidly it isnt always your fault but other times it is. And no one else on this forum gets into as many arguments as you