talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

Trust us, none of us want you to kill yourself or feel like you want to kill yourself. But we’re also not equipped at all to help anyone through serious mental health issues like that at all.

You need to see a professional pal

@Mpache I think you are missing the point. Other people are  not saying it is ok to mock mental health. They are saying they dont believe Tommy was mocking it. I've seen the eye rolling post. It was a little insensitive maybe but Tommy was mocking your attitude not your mental health. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Trust us, none of us want you to kill yourself or feel like you want to kill yourself. But we’re also not equipped at all to help anyone through serious mental health issues like that at all.

You need to see a professional pal

Yes, I agree. I need more professional help and WILL get it. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine.

The point I was making is that you lot are defending someone who is mocking my mental health, which was at a low point and then felt offended because I compared myself to Claude, which is a fair comparison given the state I am in. I can't talk to new people anymore, I am scared to talk to friends, I don't care about my future or getting COVID. 

Tommy is just proof that people do a lot to aggravate the issue and don't help. I appreciate you aren't mental health experts, but all I was asking for is friendly advice. Which is what I was getting until Tommy's post.

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Mpache I think you are missing the point. Other people are  not saying it is ok to mock mental health. They are saying they dont believe Tommy was mocking it. I've seen the eye rolling post. It was a little insensitive maybe but Tommy was mocking your attitude not your mental health. 

How was that mocking my attitude?

That was my reaction because I knew it would eventually turn into another one of your "me me me me me me" topics. 

He literally said this, which is a clear lack of understanding of my situation and the symptoms of mental health and depression.

Just because you perceived he was mocking your illness doesn't mean he was. I could perceive the coffee cup as telling me I'm a cunt and I could very much believe it to be true but that doesn't mean it happened or that it'd make sense for me to smash it against the wall. It takes two to communicate a message sent and a message received and the two aren't always the same. If you get so wound up by what you believe is an implicit insult you're just living in your head and tearing yourself up about it.

Anyways, I will get help.

Don't worry about me. I appreciate the care shown at the end of this, and I will get the help right now, and will take a break off here.

All I ask is more regulation on mocking mental health. Teso has done it before and got away many times (until his first suspension).

For me, it's as bad as racism.

I'll leave it there, but I need you all to seriously understand my situation. I'll disconnect and get some help. Those people who agreed with me on this conversation suggested that too. So I will.

@Mpache he was mocking your me me me attitude. Which you do come across that way.  I've talked about my mental health on here no one has mocked mine. This is an interpretation issue that you have Brian. You interpret things the wrong way. Whether this is because of your autism or something else I dont know but there have been numourous occasions where you have interpreted something different from the rest of the forum.  

Just now, Spike said:

Just because you perceived he was mocking your illness doesn't mean he was. I could perceive the coffee cup as telling me I'm a cunt and I could very much believe it to be true but that doesn't mean it happened or that it'd make sense for me to smash it against the wall. It takes two to communicate a message sent and a message received and the two aren't always the same. If you get so wound up by what you believe is an implicit insult you're just living in your head and tearing yourself up about it.

In your case it would probably be true 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrator
20 hours ago, Mpache said:

@Staff when a topic is locked, that means you shouldn't post any further, it doesn't matter how much you want to fuel your blinded hate even further.

Grow the fuck up. I'm honestly sick of enemies.

Which thread are you referring to?

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

@Mpache he was mocking your me me me attitude. Which you do come across that way.  I've talked about my mental health on here no one has mocked mine.

Because everyone loves you mate.

I've had a lot of fiascos on here. So people don't like me as much. I don't want to think I have enemies on here, but some people still take it too far, in a place with no generous regulation.

It's just my opinion, but probably best to leave the name dropping of @Tommy now too. He's a great guy and I think that point has been made that you didn't appreciate his post (rightly or wrongly). The continuous posting about what he did or didn't mean isn't helpful for anyone IMO and to be honest I think isn't warranted against a guy who in my experience is a really nice bloke. It might sound a bit off topic but have you spoken with your parents/family about your struggles Brian? Perhaps talking closer to home would help.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

The coffee cup is correct x

• Haha 1

Just now, Whiskey said:

It's just my opinion, but probably best to leave the name dropping of @Tommy now too. He's a great guy and I think that point has been made that you didn't appreciate his post (rightly or wrongly). The continuous posting about what he did or didn't mean isn't helpful for anyone IMO and to be honest I think isn't warranted against a guy who in my experience is a really nice bloke. It might sound a bit off topic but have you spoken with your parents/family about your struggles Brian? Perhaps talking closer to home would help.

Yup, yesterday with my mother. I wasn't able to get my whole point across but she saw how much I was suffering.

@Mpache its nothing to do with popularity. You are literally saying everyone on this forum is wrong you are right and that Tommy was mocking your mental health. I dont normally disagree with the whole forum. And when I do(on referees for example) I get heavily criticised for it. That's what happens when  you think something that no one agrees with.

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

@Mpache its nothing to do with popularity. You are literally saying everyone on this forum is wrong you are right and that Tommy was mocking your mental health. I dont normally disagree with the whole forum. And when I do(on referees for example) I get heavily criticised for it. That's what happens when  you think something that no one agrees with.

Mate if we debate and I don’t agree with you, I’m not criticising you I’m just debating.

Shite would be so boring if we agreed on everything

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think you're underestimating my long history on here. I got banned on the original TFF and spent the first 3 years just arguing with Teso, so people got annoyed and after he left at the start I had smug behaviour which had nothing to do with my mental health. I tried to change that but people didn't see it (not immediately anyways) so it's become popular to pick on me, which I try to take it lightly (although sometimes I don't). However, my mental health has been poked at more than once by Tommy. He could have been doing it as a harmless joke, but some people don't see it as that, and it came across as very hurtful to just make fun of me in that situation. It had been a very eye opening and hurtful day which took a huge dip in my morale by that point.

@Dr. Gonzo thats my point. You hate referees. I always stick up for them. We get along most of the time but in that subject we disagree. Most people agree with you. I dont expect to come on here stick up for referees and not get that opinion criticised when  I know no one agrees with me.  I dont take that personally.

• Administrator

It's time to start wrapping this up. It's not healthy or therapeutic to progressing anyone's mental health to circle around the same issues over and over again on a forum. 

Change starts with ourselves, professional help and lashings of self reflective therapy. 

• Upvote 1

I agree.

For those genuinely concerned, I will take your advice to get help.

I'll take a short break off here. Won't be long though. Just need to breath after the tough day that was yesterday, and this proving to be no getaway.

Thanks.

@Mpache you are a bit of an easy target. I can see that myself. And you do get picked on sometimes.  However there are a lot of times when you dont help yourself. Like I said mate I disagree with virtually the whole forum on refereeing standards. So I dont take people criticising what I say personally. You would that is a big difference mate. Like I said I have an autistic friend and she does the same. I would suggest you ask a mod to suspend your account for a few weeks mate. I dont think this thread is good for you at the moment. And I think you need to get some help