talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Eco said:

Man, I'm somewhere between annoyed and livid. 

Once again, we are ending a weekend with my daughter being sick. Nothing serious, but a fever, running nose, and watery eyes, and this is like the 4th or 5th weekend in a row where this has happened. It could be allergies, but the only real outside time we had this weekend was when we all went tubing down the Chattahoochee River so I'm at a complete loss of what to do with a child that loves the outdoors, but the outdoor's feeling aren't mutual. 

I hope she gets better soon @Eco, I know how you feel, our youngest grandson wee Kaiden loves the outdoors but if he is ill then that's him housebound and he then is like a baby bear with a sore tooth,

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

So I started listen to a podcast called Smartless (Jason Bateman, Will Arnett and Sean Hayes) they started up at the begining ish of Covid and I remember hearing really good things. I bookmarked it to check out and finally just got around to listening to it. Its fantastic. They get all sorts of Celeb guests from Lebron to CNNs Jake Tapper to Ryan Reynolds. The interview dynamics are just great and the topics they cover all while not being overly serious are great. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

So I started listen to a podcast called Smartless (Jason Bateman, Will Arnett and Sean Hayes) they started up at the begining ish of Covid and I remember hearing really good things. I bookmarked it to check out and finally just got around to listening to it. Its fantastic. They get all sorts of Celeb guests from Lebron to CNNs Jake Tapper to Ryan Reynolds. The interview dynamics are just great and the topics they cover all while not being overly serious are great. 

I'll check it out, but I typically don't enjoy Will Arnett's voice as I find it a bit annoying. 

Could always use a good podcast though. 

• Upvote 1

Just saw an interview with Christian Vieri in English and he simultaneously sounds like an Italian trying to do an Australian accent and an Australian trying to do an Italian accent. He sounds very strange.

• Administrator

Went to play Footgolf for the first time today. Loved it. Great fun. Would do it again. Popped my quad though half way through so probably won't be doing it any time soon! 

41 minutes ago, Stan said:

Went to play Footgolf for the first time today. Loved it. Great fun. Would do it again. Popped my quad though half way through so probably won't be doing it any time soon! 

Haha, did Footgolf once myself and it was great. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Haha, did Footgolf once myself and it was great. 

I won a bottle of prosecco and beers for winning singles game. The host we had was great as well, really good fun. If we do a TF365 meet up (ever), it'd be a great option. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Anyone know of any good hotels in London for a bunch of cunts? Preferably close to Spurs stadium? @Storts or anyone…

It’s for after the AJ Usyk fight in September. 

just get a Travelodge/Holiday Inn/Premier Inn etc if it's just for one night. Guessing you're gonna be hammered so only need somewhere to sleep!

• Upvote 1

I've been close mates with this lad who lives near me for years. I've helped him through the thick and thin. I'm in a bit of a tricky situation at the moment financially, and he's become the most arrogant prick since I asked him for help. It's caused me to re-evaluate a lot of my friendships. I think I'm at that age now where I can't be letting deadwood impact my life: I need to whittle down on one-sided friendships.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rab said:

As you get older, you realise your time is more precious. The people in your life that don't add any value to that time will quickly disappear.

It's natural and normal.

It's such a shame, as he's one of my childhood friends. He's changed for the worst though, and I don't think it's worth as much time putting any more effort into it. You're fully right.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, ROBBIEFC said:

I've been close mates with this lad who lives near me for years. I've helped him through the thick and thin. I'm in a bit of a tricky situation at the moment financially, and he's become the most arrogant prick since I asked him for help. It's caused me to re-evaluate a lot of my friendships. I think I'm at that age now where I can't be letting deadwood impact my life: I need to whittle down on one-sided friendships.

Rabs pretty much bang on. We all go through it. You realize as it takes effort to keep in touch with your old friends who is worth your time and who just isnt. its perfectly normal as people go on to start careers, move around, find new hobbies and genuinely grow up not everyone does at the same pace and sometimes you just need to move on. 

My better half always talks about how I need more friends (mostly jabbing me) but I genuinely have maybe half a dozen good friends. These half a dozen friends are all I would consider good friends though, ones I would help and vice versa no questions asked. Im perfectly content with that and shed most of the people over the years I couldnt be arsed with.