talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

4 hours ago, Anton said:

Large I'm not sure what you mean, could you post it again?

Of course mate. It will be my pleasure.

I've got the lot on Sky and was paying well over £100/month. Got into it with them just before Christmas and cancelled my subscription. Week before it was all to be turned off they called and offered to deduct 60% off of the monthly amount for nine months, which I took.

As long as you're happy to take the risk that they'll call your bluff [but it the risk seems low from others I know who have done similar] then tell them you are cancelling. The cancellation team will call to offer you something to stay.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Large said:

Of course mate. It will be my pleasure.

I've got the lot on Sky and was paying well over £100/month. Got into it with them just before Christmas and cancelled my subscription. Week before it was all to be turned off they called and offered to deduct 60% off of the monthly amount for nine months, which I took.

As long as you're happy to take the risk that they'll call your bluff [but it the risk seems low from others I know who have done similar] then tell them you are cancelling. The cancellation team will call to offer you something to stay.

Just making sure he gets it, what a nice guy!

Also i didn't think that sort of things happened in Europe too, it thought it was just a local thing, but it's really crazy how much money you can save just with one call.

• Subscriber

Feeling pretty shitty tonight, had my last day at my job today and only realised this week how attached I've got to my form group over the last two years, I'll miss them most of all. This is something I'll have to get used to if I plan on teaching for another 40 years I suppose. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Have we ruled out a turkey baster or the postman? :ph34r:

I think the jury is still out on that one...

If the second one has hair as well though then we might need to consider, not the delivery method but the delivery man himself... :ph34r:

On 7/22/2017 at 8:24 AM, Danny said:

There are Aussie in this bar celebrating Chelseas goals in a friendly as if they're playing an actual competitive contest

Have a little faith in your countrymen. They are probably so drunk they think they are watching the A-League final.

On 7/22/2017 at 8:24 AM, Danny said:

There are Aussie in this bar celebrating Chelseas goals in a friendly as if they're playing an actual competitive contest

Have a little faith in your countrymen. They are probably so drunk they think they are watching the A-League final.

I'm in Canada for a month and I've done nothing since I've arrived. Good time to write more footy articles I guess. 

I think tomorrow is the first time I'm leaving the house for more than an hour on this trip.

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I'm in Canada for a month and I've done nothing since I've arrived. Good time to write more footy articles I guess. 

I think tomorrow is the first time I'm leaving the house for more than an hour on this trip.

Whereabouts? I've only really gained a bit of a knowledge about Canada since Toronto started playing Rugby League, but it's a place I'm definitely going to visit in future.

Ah, I thought you was on holiday but was just sitting around the house xD. Canada is a place that I will visit in the coming years, I hear it's beautiful. 

Nah, that would be daft. I've lived here for 12 years and only moved away in 2016, so I've seen all there is to see really. I am going to Quebec in 2 weeks which is a time I will take full advantage of. I love Quebec.

I actually lied, I forgot I've seen a couple friends on the weekend so I have left for more than an hour, but for the most part its still a lot of time in the house. 

Canada is beautiful depending on where you go. The area I'm at isn't too interesting. Its better in the west near Vancouver and Quebec City as I mentioned is also great. It is the second biggest country in the world.

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Whereabouts? I've only really gained a bit of a knowledge about Canada since Toronto started playing Rugby League, but it's a place I'm definitely going to visit in future.

Suburbs of Toronto. I'm actually thinking about going to Wolfpack games. Before I left I went to a few union friendlies and a qualifying match against the USA. Not been to league before though so it will be interesting.