Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

9.. xD

Did you get lot's of hand me downs??? 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Many dresses, if the rest 8 of them were girls... xD 

7 girls and me and my brother, I was the 3rd youngest, always said to people he was a navy man, go away for a year or 2, come back and sewed his oats and fucked off again for a year or 2, come back...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47f6kog892z3oy4i8gqb

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

All good now. He was struggling to breathe for a bit and coughing sound like a dog barking. Gave him some oral steroids and sorted him right out. Got in about 2:30 this morning. I’d only got in at 10:30 from a full 11 a side game and was straight back out. Fucking knackered now 🤣

This would scare the shit out of me!

I'm glad he's alright now!

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This would scare the shit out of me!

I'm glad he's alright now!

Yeah, was a bit scary at first tbh. He’s the first one we’ve had to get this. Apparently they feel like they’ve got something lodged in their throat so they make the weird barking cough. Mrs wanted to phone an ambulance but A&E is 5 mins away so I just got him in the car and floored it.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Is it bad? I've only looked at it on my phone.

I think it was displaying at full size and my iPad screen is too small, it is fine of a desktop though. I was super surprised that the forum allowed that size. No harm though! I just thought it was amusing

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm stressed to the point of physical illness recently. I'm going off at inanimate objects and thinking about harming myself or others daily. Been years since I felt this way. Just a huge pile on of shit that seems insurmountable from where I'm at currently. 

Sorry to hear that - are you able to get any support for how you feel? Doctors, family, friends - anyone to talk to?

DMs are open if you do need to chat. 

30 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm stressed to the point of physical illness recently. I'm going off at inanimate objects and thinking about harming myself or others daily. Been years since I felt this way. Just a huge pile on of shit that seems insurmountable from where I'm at currently. 

Sorry to hear that mate.. What do you think has brought all this on??? Is it relationship issues, work related or just a combination of things that have built up over time?? 

I broke up with my live in girlfriend after a year of living together at the beginning of the semester, moved out mid semester over my birthday weekend, am currently about to receive (and pay for) a motorcycle that was for getting me up and back too and from Narooma (4 hour drive) because that's where her parents lived and she would stay there when her mental health was poor. I'll sell my current bike but it's still 5-6 k I could have done without spending, and the reason is moot now anyway. So the bike stresses the fuck out of me financially and reminds me of the ex. The semester is going... okay. Marks are good, but one subject is enormously complex (matrix algebra, lagrange multipliers differential calculus) and it has been delivered horridly and I'm shitting myself over the final exam because I lost the plot of what the fucks going on in the subject 2 weeks ago. It's week 12 of the 14+exams week semester, and everything is coming to a head. I have a group project due that I have done plenty of work on but my 2 partners are Phil's bald head and lazy and the whole thing is shit and is going to undermine my mark for the subject. 

I could deal with the uni stresses but the bike thing on top plus the average level of mental health post break up have conspired to create a monster. 

Also I had sex with my new housemate just after moving in here. Again. G E N I U S. 

23 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I broke up with my live in girlfriend after a year of living together at the beginning of the semester, moved out mid semester over my birthday weekend, am currently about to receive (and pay for) a motorcycle that was for getting me up and back too and from Narooma (4 hour drive) because that's where her parents lived and she would stay there when her mental health was poor. I'll sell my current bike but it's still 5-6 k I could have done without spending, and the reason is moot now anyway. So the bike stresses the fuck out of me financially and reminds me of the ex. The semester is going... okay. Marks are good, but one subject is enormously complex (matrix algebra, lagrange multipliers differential calculus) and it has been delivered horridly and I'm shitting myself over the final exam because I lost the plot of what the fucks going on in the subject 2 weeks ago. It's week 12 of the 14+exams week semester, and everything is coming to a head. I have a group project due that I have done plenty of work on but my 2 partners are Phil's bald head and lazy and the whole thing is shit and is going to undermine my mark for the subject. 

I could deal with the uni stresses but the bike thing on top plus the average level of mental health post break up have conspired to create a monster. 

Also I had sex with my new housemate just after moving in here. Again. G E N I U S. 

stop fucking everything, sell the bike, and talk to your professor about your  group assignment 

join the army reserve

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

stop fucking everything, sell the bike, and talk to your professor about your  group assignment 

join the army reserve

No, I'll sell my old bike because it's less money but also less of a waste of money and I've had ongoing talks about the group project but I'm not convinced they're gonna fucking do anything. 

"working as part of a group is part of the challenge"  

Fuck you you rat mole why should I be punished ( for the 3rd time) for being paired with a couple of actual Soggy Baguettes who should be in the arts building putting crayons in their nose and finger-painting the walls with their shit. 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

No, I'll sell my old bike because it's less money but also less of a waste of money and I've had ongoing talks about the group project but I'm not convinced they're gonna fucking do anything. 

"working as part of a group is part of the challenge"  

Fuck you you rat mole why should I be punished ( for the 3rd time) for being paired with a couple of actual Soggy Baguettes who should be in the arts building putting crayons in their nose and finger-painting the walls with their shit. 

I don’t disagree mate, group projects can eat my arsehole and when I was an angry young man like you, I was toeing throw line of punching a teammate because I was so enraged but I cooled my boots and just spoke to the professor. 

I once prepared a whole project and presentation all by myself, the other two members at least did the part I prepared for them. I can work with untalented people if they are at least responsive and don't argue much.

Whenever I was put in charge by teachers to form groups for project I did the drafting way, bright kids get to pick choose from average and dumb categories.