talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

"This Content is no longer available."

That was quick.. I have only just seen it... xD A male teacher opened his laptop on the big screen in front of about 60 odd students and it started to play a video of a naked girl in several poses and then him having sex with her... The students were cracking up and then he came rushing in trying to stop it but it took him a while.. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That was quick.. I have only just seen it... xD A male teacher opened his laptop on the big screen in front of about 60 odd students and it started to play a video of a naked girl in several poses and then him having sex with her... The students were cracking up and then he came rushing in trying to stop it but it took him a while.. 

What a show off. 

• Subscriber

Saw a couple more comedy shows over the weekend. Andrew Santino - he was great, I went in knowing nothing about him but my better half really likes a couple of podcast's with Bobby Lee and he does one of them.

Also got free tickets cus one of her friends couldnt go to another one... apparently there was a Just For Laughs Tour coming through. Jimmy Ouyang - he was also really funny, him I do know I think hes only got one special out anyways but worth watching. 

Still got Bill Burr late next month to look forward too and actually picked up some super cheap tickets for a couple things. Every year (minus the last 2) they have a summer sale where they blast concert tickets for 25$ for a bunch of stuff. Managed to get tickets to The Black Keys and Chris Rock for later this year :D

• Upvote 1

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Saw a couple more comedy shows over the weekend. Andrew Santino - he was great, I went in knowing nothing about him but my better half really likes a couple of podcast's with Bobby Lee and he does one of them.

Also got free tickets cus one of her friends couldnt go to another one... apparently there was a Just For Laughs Tour coming through. Jimmy Ouyang - he was also really funny, him I do know I think hes only got one special out anyways but worth watching. 

Still got Bill Burr late next month to look forward too and actually picked up some super cheap tickets for a couple things. Every year (minus the last 2) they have a summer sale where they blast concert tickets for 25$ for a bunch of stuff. Managed to get tickets to The Black Keys and Chris Rock for later this year :D

Nice! Have fun! :) I'd love to see Bill Burr live. I think he was actually doing a show in Germany a couple of years ago. But I think it was Berlin. 

• Upvote 1

On 25/04/2020 at 13:24, Lucas said:

Who plays Poker here?

More to the point, who would want to play? 

If you do, you will need a laptop or computer for the software. But it's easy enough to download and doesn't take long.

Once you register, I can set a lobby up for us on Pokerstars for our own private game. We can arrange a day and time and go for it.

I'm not thinking big money, it's just a bit of fun.

Maybe for next weekend somewhen?

Did you ever do this? I decided to learn to play poker on Saturday and I've played a few tournaments on bet365 and 888poker and I've really enjoyed it. I'd be up for a forum tournament if we can get a decent number of members to play.

12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I love Poker. But I hate playing for money. 😅

Yeah I've been thinking it's a shame that money is such a big part of it, because it's a really enjoyable game. This is why I prefer tournaments where you just pay for entry and everyone starts with the same number of chips because then it's just like you're paying to do a hobby and have fun like you would playing 5 a side with your friends. Then if you lose you don't really feel like you've lost anything.

I don't know if it's the norm but in the tournaments I've played there was a rebuy option if you lose all your chips. I don't like that because then it's like you're gambling again instead of just paying to play a game.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Did you ever do this? I decided to learn to play poker on Saturday and I've played a few tournaments on bet365 and 888poker and I've really enjoyed it. I'd be up for a forum tournament if we can get a decent number of members to play.

Yes.

Through the first lockdown, I had about 4 or 5 virtual poker tournaments with friends and we'd set up a zoom too so we could all see eachother (before we all got a bit Zoom'ed out).

Was really great fun. Again, I'd love to do a 'friendly' game on here but I do feel you need a little something on it because it completely affects the way you'd play a hand.

25 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yes.

Through the first lockdown, I had about 4 or 5 virtual poker tournaments with friends and we'd set up a zoom too so we could all see eachother (before we all got a bit Zoom'ed out).

Was really great fun. Again, I'd love to do a 'friendly' game on here but I do feel you need a little something on it because it completely affects the way you'd play a hand.

Oh so not with anyone from the forum then?

Yeah I was thinking like £10 buy in but ideally you'd want a good 10 players to make the prize money decent and I'm not sure we'd be able to get that many forum members to play.

8 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Oh so not with anyone from the forum then?

Yeah I was thinking like £10 buy in but ideally you'd want a good 10 players to make the prize money decent and I'm not sure we'd be able to get that many forum members to play.

No sadly not. As you can see, there wasn't a flood of responses to my initial shout xD

I'd play whatever was decided but I think even if you just said one buy in for the whole game for those that were concerned about putting too much in, least if there were say 8 players, that's £80 to play for like.

Anyway, if we did get interest off the back of these posts then I'd be happy to ger the ball rolling.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

No sadly not. As you can see, there wasn't a flood of responses to my initial shout xD

I'd play whatever was decided but I think even if you just said one buy in for the whole game for those that were concerned about putting too much in, least if there were say 8 players, that's £80 to play for like.

Anyway, if we did get interest off the back of these posts then I'd be happy to ger the ball rolling.

Get the ball rolling! 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

How come? 

Düsseldorf and Reading are sister cities apparently. It's the 75 anniversary and there will be a "Reading Weekend" in Düsseldorf next weekend, with lots of different activities and events celebrating the partnership. So I was just curious. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Düsseldorf and Reading are sister cities apparently. It's the 75 anniversary and there will be a "Reading Weekend" in Düsseldorf next weekend, with lots of different activities and events celebrating the partnership. So I was just curious. 

The friendship started when the Mayor of Reading, Phoebe Cusden, answered a call from the Royal Berkshire Regiment, then occupying Düsseldorf, for help for people who were hungry and homeless following the war. She sent help, visited Düsseldorf, and invited six children to stay.

• Like 1