talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• 2 weeks later...

I went on the new Elizabeth Line for the first time yesterday and Jesus Christ does it put a lot of trains on the tube to shame. The architecture is really nice, small details all really thought out and the train itself is quick, air conditioned and fairly comfortable.

I really like that they’ve moved away from using metal/plastic as decorative pieces and used what looks like concrete panelling instead. If you travel on the 2012 upgrades they do look a bit dated.

A video I watched online prior for anyone who’s interested in it

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Danny said:

I went on the new Elizabeth Line for the first time yesterday and Jesus Christ does it put a lot of trains on the tube to shame

I'd expect nothing less considering when those old tube lines were built and this one is done in modern day with much better research and technology available! 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd expect nothing less considering when those old tube lines were built and this one is done in modern day with much better research and technology available! 

Yeah ofc, just meant I had to get the Piccadilly Line home and it was like getting out of bed with a supermodel and getting into bed with Dot Cotton xD

Just now, Danny said:

Hay fever tablets and nostril spray does the trick for me

Which tablets do you use?

Bought some Piriteze this morning but obviously I’ve only had one dose so hasn’t had much time to kick in yet.

• 2 weeks later...

An office worker who became a millionaire when his employer accidentally paid him 330 times his salary has disappeared after promising to send the money back.

The unnamed HR employee at Chilean frozen foods giant Cial inadvertently received 165million pesos (£150,000) on May 30.

He had expected his pay packet for the month to be around 500,000 pesos (£450).

After telling his line manager what happened, he was advised to go to the bank the next morning to return the cash face-to-face, according to Cial's lawyers.

But the company claims he never turned up.

Worker who was accidentally paid 330 times his salary quits and vanishes without a trace: report (msn.com)

xD

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

An office worker who became a millionaire when his employer accidentally paid him 330 times his salary has disappeared after promising to send the money back.

The unnamed HR employee at Chilean frozen foods giant Cial inadvertently received 165million pesos (£150,000) on May 30.

He had expected his pay packet for the month to be around 500,000 pesos (£450).

After telling his line manager what happened, he was advised to go to the bank the next morning to return the cash face-to-face, according to Cial's lawyers.

But the company claims he never turned up.

Worker who was accidentally paid 330 times his salary quits and vanishes without a trace: report (msn.com)

xD

Would he legally have to return the money? It isn't his fault, by all rights the money is his because they gave it to him, just because they made a mistake doesn't mean they should get their money back. Normal people don't get to redo a lot of shit, so why should companies be able to?