talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

So my brother is at a boarding school, he just turned 13 so that’s high school in Australia. He had problems fitting and and dealing with homesickness, it’s been quite traumatic for him. Mum was just telling me that he is finally settling, being happy, and yesterday was his b’day, big boy is a teenager now… today Mum says that they have to temporarily pull him out of school because of a bullying problem. I’m fucking furious, I haven’t felt so agitated in years, I haven’t felt any desire to punch someone’s head in since uni. It’s because I can’t even do anything.

Antagonism happens at that age but to the point they pull him out of school is fucking ridiculous.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Spike said:

So my brother is at a boarding school, he just turned 13 so that’s high school in Australia. He had problems fitting and and dealing with homesickness, it’s been quite traumatic for him. Mum was just telling me that he is finally settling, being happy, and yesterday was his b’day, big boy is a teenager now… today Mum says that they have to temporarily pull him out of school because of a bullying problem. I’m fucking furious, I haven’t felt so agitated in years, I haven’t felt any desire to punch someone’s head in since uni. It’s because I can’t even do anything.

Antagonism happens at that age but to the point they pull him out of school is fucking ridiculous.

I hated bullies all my life even though i was never bullied. I always tried to help people that are bullied or fight bulllies defending others. However very few are like me, no one wants to make it their fight.  Hope your brother battles through it and makes a stand for himself even though it is terribly hard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Spike said:

That’s so disappointing to hear man. It seems a lot of factors have probably influenced your mums decision there. It seems the school is failing the situation as well as some nasty pieces of work attend the school. I hope things work out okay and your brother can find a happy place. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toinho said:

That’s so disappointing to hear man. It seems a lot of factors have probably influenced your mums decision there. It seems the school is failing the situation as well as some nasty pieces of work attend the school. I hope things work out okay and your brother can find a happy place. 

I’m not even sure if it is her decision or if it’s the school asking.

43 minutes ago, Toinho said:

If it’s the school asking then that’s incredibly bizarre. 

That is what’s so concerning. Mum isn’t the type to just make a decision like this at the drop of a hat.

Bullying is a tricky thing, often bullies have friends that back them up.

I went to a comprehensive in London in the mid 80s, I was also in that year that got split up as they changed the cut-off date for each year so I went from being one of the oldest to one of the youngest in my class. 

There were a lot of people throwing their weight around and I fought and fought and had to see almost every head of year and the Deputy Head Master. 

The most serious was an Indian chap bizarre actually as most I met were well adjusted yet he was different. We were in the top class for the year. I knew he and another were messing around with people yet was not sure how badly it was. One day he called to me wanted money or my lunch and I said, 'No'.

His face tightened and he squared up his shoulders as though to hit me and so I brought my hands together with fists forward in a boxing stance. I waited smilng.

Although a stone heavier and a couple of inches taller he lost his confidence, I think he realised if I stood up to him he might lose his reputation.

It didn't end there, the next day he instructed another larger boy to punch me on the arm where we had just had vaccinations. Of course if I agree to give him food or money.......

I said to the other boy, 'if you hit me I'll hit you.'

He looked back at the bully and then punched me hard on the arm drawing blood to my shirt arm. My hit him once hard in the mouth cutting his lip.

After lunch I was sitting and then noticed the bully come in and stand two rows back and with a knife swinging back and forth as though taking aim and then he threw it and I ducked, the knife hit the kid behind me in the back of the head drawing blood.

There was shock as the kid in front of me was bleeding from the back of his skull. 

The bully left the class and several other bigger kids all said with muted anger,

'That's it, he has to go now, he must be expelled.'

I was never questioned about that, the Bully was suspended for just two weeks which I thought was strange. 

I never had any run-ins with him after that until 18 months later and the end of term as I was walking home. He cornered me with his bigger and older brother and persuaded me to sit with them in glade a little way from the road. I was very unsure yet went with it.

He admitted throwing the knife at me.

I replied, 'Yes I did wonder.'

Now his big brother was obviously a better character and said,

'Come on let's go.'

It is very difficult to know what advice to give, I've always been lucky like that in getting through things like a cat with nine lives. 

Not sure why mt text went to the red colour?

Edited by Waylander

We are truly fucked when something like this is happening... Someone being put in cuffs because something he posted caused someone else anxiety.. Now I don't know what the post was but do you really need 4 police officers to arrest one man?? 

"Someone has been caused anxiety based on your social media post, that’s why you’ve being arrested" - 9GAG

Ok then... 

So my Chelsea has just popped into our room upstairs to tell me she had forgotten to check the online Euro Millions ticket she purchased for me on Friday last week, ( She normally does it online if I am unable to get one in person ) Anyway, she tells me that she had a few heart palpitations when checking the Million Pound winning code because she thought she had won but realised it was the wrong day she was looking at.. 

So I pull up the Lottery checker online and told her to give me the numbers and I can check it online myself.. So she starts reeling off the numbers and this pops up.. 

image.thumb.png.f243ec13f0849ca1b830e5f51120d92f.png

Obviously I made double sure and asked her it was for the Friday the 29th draw and she said yes.. Well you can imagine my first thoughts at seeing that... Then she says, "oh, hang on, those were the winning numbers I gave you not the ones I picked"... I told her to get out of our room followed by saying "You are a grade A plum and no mistake" Her and the Mrs are laughing their arses off over it.. xD

My hopes of early retirement dashed once more... What a wally she is... xD

• Haha 3

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

The closest I have ever got was nearly winning a million on the Millionaire Maker number, I had one letter of the Alphabet wrong but all the rest matched up, saying that I won £5 on a Thunderball result last night.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Ok then... 

So my Chelsea has just popped into our room upstairs to tell me she had forgotten to check the online Euro Millions ticket she purchased for me on Friday last week, ( She normally does it online if I am unable to get one in person ) Anyway, she tells me that she had a few heart palpitations when checking the Million Pound winning code because she thought she had won but realised it was the wrong day she was looking at.. 

So I pull up the Lottery checker online and told her to give me the numbers and I can check it online myself.. So she starts reeling off the numbers and this pops up.. 

image.thumb.png.f243ec13f0849ca1b830e5f51120d92f.png

Obviously I made double sure and asked her it was for the Friday the 29th draw and she said yes.. Well you can imagine my first thoughts at seeing that... Then she says, "oh, hang on, those were the winning numbers I gave you not the ones I picked"... I told her to get out of our room followed by saying "You are a grade A plum and no mistake" Her and the Mrs are laughing their arses off over it.. xD

Holy shit though. You must have gone through so many emotions, no? Thinking you may won it, life as a millionaire flashing before your eyes..... and then...... nothing. I mean obviously you don't have nothing, but still. That's quite a rollercoaster. xD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Holy shit though. You must have gone through so many emotions, no? Thinking you may won it, life as a millionaire flashing before your eyes..... and then...... nothing. I mean obviously you don't have nothing, but still. That's quite a rollercoaster. xD

You can imagine my first reaction when I saw it... For a second or two I was like No Way!!! holy fuck!! but then as you say Blam!! back to reality.. They didn't stop laughing about it for about half an hour... they were proper laughing as well, tears in the eyes the lot.. xD funny stuff really

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You can imagine my first reaction when I saw it... For a second or two I was like No Way!!! holy fuck!! but then as you say Blam!! back to reality.. They didn't stop laughing about it for about half an hour... they were proper laughing as well, tears in the eyes the lot.. xD funny stuff really

Are you still in denial? :ph34r:

• Subscriber

I remember doing the old Littlewoods football coupon years ago when I first came back from Australia, wasn't too sure how it worked but I got 23pnts and I convinced myself I had won the jackpot, jumped up and down and broke my big toe tripping over and ended up having 3 days off work.

It's only when I hobbled back to work and showed some guy my coupon he said I had won fuck all as there were a lot of people who had 23pnts. O.o

• Haha 2