talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

I remember doing the old Littlewoods football coupon years ago when I first came back from Australia, wasn't too sure how it worked but I got 23pnts and I convinced myself I had won the jackpot, jumped up and down and broke my big toe tripping over and ended up having 3 days off work.

It's only when I hobbled back to work and showed some guy my coupon he said I had won fuck all as there were a lot of people who had 23pnts. O.o

I used to do the Littlewoods coupons with my old man back in the day... You used to have the bloke come round the house with a big pouch full of notes and change collecting the money... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I used to do the Littlewoods coupons with my old man back in the day... You used to have the bloke come round the house with a big pouch full of notes and change collecting the money... 

I did it too years ago here in Scotland when I first got married, go around the housing estate collecting money and sometimes they would knock at our door for a coupon or with some dosh.

On 05/08/2022 at 07:02, Bluewolf said:

You’re so old.

• Haha 3

• Subscriber
On 05/08/2022 at 00:02, Bluewolf said:

That reminds me of bum bags, it started off wearing them at the back of your arse until they kept getting robbed via pickpockets so they ended up wearing them at the front and kept the name bum bags.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fuck, I set myself up for an answer like that.

What's the real answer though?

Cashed up wankers will throw $80,000 at a watch that is worth $50. The only people I ever see wearing watches that aren't a typical cassio or whatever are noveau rich Arabs and South-Asians, or old money white people. At least around these parts.

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Cashed up wankers will throw $80,000 at a watch that is worth $50. The only people I ever see wearing watches that aren't a typical cassio or whatever are noveau rich Arabs and South-Asians, or old money white people. At least around these parts.

I thought about getting one before going to a wedding, but after looking at the prices I’m definitely not spending much on a watch at all.

Even shit like Casio & Timex seems well overpriced to me.

“Oooh it’s got lots of little gears and no batteries.” Fuck off like that makes it suddenly magically expensive

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I thought about getting one before going to a wedding, but after looking at the prices I’m definitely not spending much on a watch at all.

Even shit like Casio & Timex seems well overpriced to me.

“Oooh it’s got lots of little gears and no batteries.” Fuck off like that makes it suddenly magically expensive

I’ve still got my lorus from my 13th bday. Probably cost $100. One of my most treasured possessions. Wouldn’t ever spend lots of money on a watch (or sunglasses, another thing I don’t understand).

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I see that Anne Heche has passed away as a result of her car crash a few days ago... They said it was looking grim as she was in a coma and didn't expect her to survive... RIP

RIP... but she was definitely a bit of an arsehole drunk driving on cocaine like that. She almost killed the woman in the house she hit (and her pets)... and the resulting fire made her lose her home and most of her possessions.

Sad way to go for her, I think even if she did recover from the coma she had been burnt beyond recognition with severe burns. But... great example of why you shouldn't drink drive or do hard drugs and then drive.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

RIP... but she was definitely a bit of an arsehole drunk driving on cocaine like that. She almost killed the woman in the house she hit (and her pets)... and the resulting fire made her lose her home and most of her possessions.

Sad way to go for her, I think even if she did recover from the coma she had been burnt beyond recognition with severe burns. But... great example of why you shouldn't drink drive or do hard drugs and then drive.

Oh yea, don't excuse the reasons behind it, looking at the footage she was really going some in that car before she crashed it... They say it was not alcohol related but there were high levels of drugs present in her system... Either way it was lucky no-one else got killed looking at what happened..  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Oh yea, don't excuse the reasons behind it, looking at the footage she was really going some in that car before she crashed it... They say it was not alcohol related but there were high levels of drugs present in her system... Either way it was lucky no-one else got killed looking at what happened..  

I saw a report saying that she had alcohol, cocaine, and fentanyl (which was probably just in the cocaine she took... if it's true even) in her system. I saw another report say it was just large amounts of cocaine. I have no idea where the media gets their info from. But yeah, from that footage... really lucky nobody else got hurt. Another report says she went to a hairdresser who picked up a wig(?) - one interview with him says she smelled strongly of alcohol... another says he did not suspect drugs and/or alcohol.

Apparently the woman who almost died and her pets are all relatively okay, which is decent news considering how bad it was for Anne Heche. I guess it's different though reacting to something crashing into your house at high speed and the resulting fire than... being in the thing crashing into your house at high speed and bursting into flames.

It's one of those things though where I feel really bad for her and her family/friends... but I also think "wow what a shitty and selfish way to accidentally kill yourself - thankfully nobody else was hurt."

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

It's the wife's Birthday today, got her a card over a week ago and hid it in the back room, I bought her a ring 2 weeks ago so she was happy with that, and wore it last night around our daughter's for a ladies only Birthday bash.

Handed her a Birthday card with a big smile on my face, she opened it up, read it then looked at me and said "Happy Anniversary dear? it's my bloody Birthday" and then she burst out laughing. O.o

I will be legging it up the road after to get her e BIRTHDAY CARD!!!!. :shutup: :eek:

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

It's the wife's Birthday today, got her a card over a week ago and hid it in the back room, I bought her a ring 2 weeks ago so she was happy with that, and wore it last night around our daughter's for a ladies only Birthday bash.

Handed her a Birthday card with a big smile on my face, she opened it up, read it then looked at me and said "Happy Anniversary dear? it's my bloody Birthday" and then she burst out laughing. O.o

I will be legging it up the road after to get her e BIRTHDAY CARD!!!!. :shutup: :eek:

Brilliant that hahahaha