talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber

Beautiful presents arrived for the wife from our daughter & wee Kaiden, Kaiden sent her a plaque for the kitchen and Denise sent her a butterfly ornament.  

Kaiden said she has to hang the plaque up in the kitchen and when she makes him his favorite macaroni with cheese sauce she can look at it and then blow kisses. xD 

A.png

• Upvote 4

• Administrator

Happy India Independence Day to all my Indian brothers on here :D 

Been watching a few programmes about it and the events of August 1947 and while it's an occasion which marked a milestone for the country, the involvement (or distinct and cowardly lack of) of the British government is astounding. Lord Mountbatten has the blood of millions of citizens on his hands. 

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Stan said:

Been watching a few programmes about it and the events of August 1947 and while it's an occasion which marked a milestone for the country, the involvement (or distinct and cowardly lack of) of the British government is astounding. Lord Mountbatten has the blood of millions of citizens on his hands. 

Don't you support the England football team?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

@Stan Is there any way we can get all the games under the same banner as the prediction league?? 

Just a thought, You know like Last Man Standing, Place Your Bet etc.. etc.. keep them all together?

Yeah I can work on it.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Bluewolf - have a look now in Other Football section. I can separate them out even more, or just keep it as it is there now as a 'Mini Games' sub-section...?

That's great but I would prefer them in the drop down menu at the top... B| Some weeks I end up missing them and it's annoying.. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That's great but I would prefer them in the drop down menu at the top... B| Some weeks I end up missing them and it's annoying.. 

Try now :). I've kept it as Mini Games. 

Separating them out is a possibility but may make the list look quite long...?

• Upvote 1

On 16/08/2022 at 01:43, Stan said:

So interesting that when you look back on history, that it was the country the British didn't really ever fully intend on colonising. 

16 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Sitting with the wife last night reminiscing years ago when we first met when I was in the army military hospital in Germany and she remembers the bit I told her about catching a guy out with a prank, she had a good laugh about it, again.

It happened to be that they admitted a guy in who had put his fist through a window over a girl and ripped his hand apart which needed stitching and that was about it but he was an attention seeker, always crying and wanting a nurse to either console him or if he wanted a pee and needed a pee bottle.

The thing was he could have easily got out of his bed and went himself but NO, he wanted a nurse to hold his willie while he had a pee (look at the spoiler for the bottle we used in those days made out of hard cardboard).

Me and the other guys in our ward go pissed off with his crying and moaning and keeping us awake so I decided to act one night, I was in bed recovering from a fractured skull, broken jaw, and a broken arm and leg, etc, he was fast asleep so I crawled out of my bed towards his bed and got his pee bottle sitting on the side of the bed and then I stuck big pin holes in the bottle all over and crawled back to bed.

Sure enough, he woke up crying and calling for a nurse he wanted a pee, sure enough, the nurse came, held the bottle on his willie and he started to have a pee then there was mayhem as the nurse and he was yelling as pee was squirting all over the place, it was like watching a water fountain, I slept well that night. xD

Reveal hidden contents

I’d read your book. 

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Hey listen, I am selling this doll if anyone is interested.. 

image.png.769ae02c1f5d4863d9e047ce232f16fa.png

My grandkids won't play with it and the dog keeps barking at it... It never seems to be where we left it and it has a cute laugh, No batteries required... PM me if interested.. 

Bet @MUFC has a good use for it. 

• Haha 2

• Subscriber

A.png

Top 10: World’s longest bridges

A structure spanning the English Channel wouldn’t come close to the 10 lengthiest bridges.

Many have floated the idea of a bridge between England and mainland Europe. This Channel-spanning bridge would need to be 35km long, a distance that would make it the lengthiest bridge in Europe – well beyond Portugal’s 17km Vasco da Gama Bridge.

Meanwhile, plans have recently been scrapped for a bridge connecting Northern Ireland with Scotland due to forecasted costs and engineering challenges. Although no plans were formally laid out, at their closest point, Scotland and Northern Ireland are around 19km apart.

However, such a construction wouldn’t even break into the world’s top 10 longest bridges.

TOP TEN LONGEST BRIDGES

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spacing correction