talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber

What an awful bloody Friday night and all day Saturday up until around six o clock last night because one of our great, great, nephews went missing in Dunbar on Friday night, his bike was found lying on the ground.

download.png

There was me and the wife just sitting here nervous as fuck while members of the family, neighbours and others went searching for him but thank fuck police sniffer dogs traced and found him but there are a lot of questions that need answering like how he managed to cross a major motorway to the spot he was found with a sprained foot?

There was me down with a virus all week, felt better Friday so thought I would have a bottle of wine Saturday night with the wife and relax but as soon as the wife got a call from family about him going missing that was the drink put on hold and we sat there expecting the worse.

Thank god, though, when the police found him and thank fuck for police sniffer dogs, I sank 2 bloody bottles of wine after that with the wife gulping down here too.

A bit of a hangover now but it was worth it, the young lad was one of many great, great nephews we have in our 70-odd years of life and all around Dunbar & Dalkeith last night family and friends were relieved he was found ok. :hh:

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Wow 3

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

What an awful bloody Friday night and all day Saturday up until around six o clock last night because one of our great, great, nephews went missing in Dunbar on Friday night, his bike was found lying on the ground.

download.png

There was me and the wife just sitting here nervous as fuck while members of the family, neighbours and others went searching for him but thank fuck police sniffer dogs traced and found him but there are a lot of questions that need answering like how he managed to cross a major motorway to the spot he was found with a sprained foot?

There was me down with a virus all week, felt better Friday so thought I would have a bottle of wine Saturday night with the wife and relax but as soon as the wife got a call from family about him going missing that was the drink put on hold and we sat there expecting the worse.

Thank god, though, when the police found him and thank fuck for police sniffer dogs, I sank 2 bloody bottles of wine after that with the wife gulping down here too.

A bit of a hangover now but it was worth it, the young lad was one of many great, great nephews we have in our 70-odd years of life and all around Dunbar & Dalkeith last night family and friends were relieved he was found ok. :hh:

Good to hear he's safe and sound! Must have been a nightmare for the parents...

My cousin went missing once when he was around 9 or so. We were spending some time in the countryside at my grandma's homestead, woke up in the morning, and him (and his bicycle) was gone, nowhere to be found for hours. We got into the cars and went in several directions to search for him, and finally found him cycling on the motorway, heading back to his hometown about 150km away. The little bastard managed to cycle 50 kilometers, all because he was bored, wanted to go back home to his friends, and had an argument with his parents the day before because they were making him stay at the grandma's homestead instead xD 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, nudge said:

Good to hear he's safe and sound! Must have been a nightmare for the parents...

My cousin went missing once when he was around 9 or so. We were spending some time in the countryside at my grandma's homestead, woke up in the morning, and him (and his bicycle) was gone, nowhere to be found for hours. We got into the cars and went in several directions to search for him, and finally found him cycling on the motorway, heading back to his hometown about 150km away. The little bastard managed to cycle 50 kilometers, all because he was bored, wanted to go back home to his friends, and had an argument with his parents the day before because they were making him stay at the grandma's homestead instead xD 

It reminded me of the time in Australia when I was 12 years old, I refused to get up and go to school, my mum then dragged me out of bed and shoved me in the bathroom and told me to brush my teeth and get washed as you ARE going to school...WRONG...

I climbed out of the bathroom window, run down the back alley, and bumped into a neighbour's dog called Blacky and that was me gone for 2 days, me and Blackie walked through a bush area in Dandenong, and we slept in a churchyard and on Port Melbourne beach, I only got caught when I was sitting on a beach wall with Blacky beside me and his owner spotted him and me and bought us home in his car.

Little stories are filtering through now about Austin who went missing and was found through the wife' s 'Grapeline'...the phone  xD

Apparently, before he went missing he wanted to go for a sleepover around his mate's house but his mum said no, so he eventually sneaked out of the house behind his mum and partner's back and did a runner, just waiting now for more info from the wifes 'Grapeline', this is becoming another Never Ending Story. :coffee:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, tbf I'm still working while sick. I'm just not going to the office.

And the holiday was with paid time off that I'd earned and I deserved a fucking break.

Ours let us have the time off but don't pay anymore but recently they are not even stopping people from coming in if they feel up to it.. 

On 11/09/2022 at 06:47, Beelzebub said:

Jordan Peterson's mantra is that you should first bring discipline in your own life like fixing your bed in the morning than going on tackling big things. 

He also has some very transphobic, Islamophobic and sexist comments over the years.

• Upvote 1

On 11/09/2022 at 16:36, CaaC (John) said:

download.png

Glad all is okay mate. Had the brother in law go missing for a few days back in 2020. Terribly frightening.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 11/09/2022 at 09:36, CaaC (John) said:

download.png

East Lothian woman arrested in connection with disappearance of schoolboy

A huge search and rescue mission was launched for the missing Dunbar schoolboy last week, who was later found on Friday evening. Officers say a 29-year-old female has been arrested in connection with the incident

A woman has been arrested in connection with the disappearance of an East Lothian schoolboy that triggered a huge search and rescue mission last week.

Police helicopters were spotted in the sky searching for the missing nine-year-old boy from Dunbar, with locals in the town also doing their bit to help.

Eventually, the boy was found on Friday evening, September 9, after going missing on Thursday. Authorities say a 29-year-old woman has now been arrested in connection with the incident, as the Record reports.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/east-lothian-woman-arrested-connection-25021276

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spacing correction
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Where I was working somebody ordered a beer and they wanted it warmed. So the waiters put it in the microwave as requested. Tagging our resident beer lover @nudge so she care share her disgust 😂

I do think it's disgusting, but it doesn't surprise me - drinking warm beer used to be a thing in some parts of central Europe. I actually talked about it with my dad just a few days ago, he still remembers how many people used "Bierwärmer" or a simple heater coil in pubs to warm their beer xD 

Just now, nudge said:

I do think it's disgusting, but it doesn't surprise me - drinking warm beer used to be a thing in some parts of central Europe. I actually talked about it with my dad just a few days ago, he still remembers how many people used "Bierwärmer" or a simple heater coil in pubs to warm their beer xD 

Maybe he was foreign. Normally I say each to their own but warm beer is just wrong xD