talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Spike said:

Tap beer is in the cellar though and the ambient temperature of a cellar should be pretty cool 

We live in a second-floor flat and it's minus a cellar, so, a Russell Hobbs wine cooler does us, good for nice cool bottles or cans of beer and wine. :hh:

download.png

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So the Simpsons predict the world will end tomorrow.... And we all know how scary and accurate their predictions can be.. Just wondering if it's worth rocking up at work tomorrow??? Wouldn't want my last day on earth spent doing a shift when I could get a lay in.. 

People Are Convinced The World Is Going to End On September 24

I'd call in sick tbh, just in case! Better safe than sorry xD

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

My eldest daughter was round tonight with the Grandkids and tells us they have to dress up as Victorian children on the 30th for something they are doing at school

Connor had to do that when he was in Primary school when he was 10 years old, had to dress up and greet all the parents at Trinity House Naval Academy, it was a lovely day out for us.

c.jpg

F.jpg

a.jpg

d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 23/09/2022 at 20:57, Toinho said:

In the curriculum do they learn about the atrocities the British colony inflicted on the world? Genuine question. 

They don’t even teach us that. They don’t even talk about the constitutional crisis or the Lang movement.

People still think the Stolen Generation is nothing to be upset over

4 hours ago, Spike said:

They don’t even teach us that. They don’t even talk about the constitutional crisis or the Lang movement.

People still think the Stolen Generation is nothing to be upset over

We teach about the stolen generation as early as kindy/pre primary mate. Lots has changed in our curriculum in the last decade. 

On 24/09/2022 at 02:57, Toinho said:

In the curriculum do they learn about the atrocities the British colony inflicted on the world? Genuine question. 

I took History as a subject so we learned about the British Empire, but as I'm from Britain it was tough from a celebration POV. I remember our teacher saying how good it was, as it's the closest anyone has come to world domination.

I'm in my mid 50's, O- levels- Romans and WWII

A - level - English Civil War and European history covering the Enlightenment.

I don't think any country teaches young children about bad things their nation might have done historically. I guess, not good for self esteem or national harmony.

49 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I'm in my mid 50's, O- levels- Romans and WWII

A - level - English Civil War and European history covering the Enlightenment.

I don't think any country teaches young children about bad things their nation might have done historically. I guess, not good for self esteem or national harmony.

Here you're wrong you can't go to a German school without hearing about the Nazi regime at least on three different years in history courses, as well as in German language courses, as well as in  politics courses as well as in elementary school.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 2