talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

53 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Here you're wrong you can't go to a German school without hearing about the Nazi regime at least on three different years in history courses, as well as in German language courses, as well as in  politics courses as well as in elementary school.

I forgot about Germany thinking more about France, Spain, Portugal, Belgium and Turkey.

Amazing that pressure still exists after 75 years and to such a degree.

On 24/09/2022 at 02:57, Toinho said:

In the curriculum do they learn about the atrocities the British colony inflicted on the world? Genuine question. 

My auntie use to say the people who wrote history books hated this country and only said about the bad things. Didn't realise how much bollocks that was at the time. 

Bare in mind she also didn't seem to know that south africa and Zimbabwe are different countries. Scary thing is she was a teacher 

Edited by Gunnersaurus

13 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I took History as a subject so we learned about the British Empire, but as I'm from Britain it was tough from a celebration POV. I remember our teacher saying how good it was, as it's the closest anyone has come to world domination.

My dad is quite patriotic and he admits that the British empire was a terrible thing. Maybe good has come of it but the way we got it was bad. People try to justify it by saying that's the way it was back then 

11 hours ago, Waylander said:

I'm in my mid 50's, O- levels- Romans and WWII

A - level - English Civil War and European history covering the Enlightenment.

I don't think any country teaches young children about bad things their nation might have done historically. I guess, not good for self esteem or national harmony.

I’ve already said we talk about bad things. Not everything but there’s more exposure now and curriculum links to the past.

7 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

My auntie use to say the people who wrote history books hated this country and only said about the bad things. Didn't realise how much bollocks that was at the time. 

Bare in mind she also didn't seem to know that south africa and Zimbabwe are different countries. Scary thing is she was a teacher 

She probably just mixed up Rhodesia being renamed to Zimbabwe and attributed it to South Africa being renamed or alternatively named Zimbabwe. You’d know her better though

7 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

My dad is quite patriotic and he admits that the British empire was a terrible thing. Maybe good has come of it but the way we got it was bad. People try to justify it by saying that's the way it was back then 

I don’t think it is really a justification but more of a rationalisation of why it happened, conquest and violence was simply a valid form of diplomacy. Yeah it is shitty but that was the reality of the entirety of history up until about 40 years ago.

I think all empires are bad, currently the US has about 800 military bases abroad.

In the last 60 years they have used napalm and agent orange in Vietnam.

They used depleted uranium shells in Iraq and Kosovo.

They used white phosphorous in Iraq specifically Fallujah.

Add on to this virtual genocide of the American Indians.

They will never accept being called an Empire yet they have the trappings of one.

I agree all empires are evil including our own.

Forget about the British Empire. Brits should be more vocal about their government allowing corrupt cunts from poor nations looting their home country and parking their nefarious wealth in London which also hurts Brits economically themselves since prices skyrocket when you have every crook from Asia, Africa and Russia buying property there. 

On 11/09/2022 at 03:01, Beelzebub said:

FcUWASwXoAAQLH7?format=jpg&name=small

Fix your bed first Ronaldo than going into complex things like how to get into playing XI. 

So apparently Ronaldo is going through depression after death of his son and possibly about his career as well. Regardless of our opinions about Peterson, if he helps him than it's good for everyone.

54 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

So apparently Ronaldo is going through depression after death of his son and possibly about his career as well. Regardless of our opinions about Peterson, if he helps him than it's good for everyone.

His child died? Thats terrible.

5 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

4 hours ago, Spike said:

His child died? Thats terrible.

4 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Yes, newborn died due to complications.

Wasn't this back in April??? I will be honest I didn't know that until I saw this post and googled it.. Still, wouldn't wish that heartbreak on anyone.. 

Been given a scholarship to do a professional certificate short course from an interstate university learning about understanding childhood trauma. This should further my working knowledge in the field, so important in today’s age if you’re working in a sector that’s impacted. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Toinho said:

Been given a scholarship to do a professional certificate short course from an interstate university learning about understanding childhood trauma. This should further my working knowledge in the field, so important in today’s age if you’re working in a sector that’s impacted. 

What are you currently studying?