talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

4 hours ago, nudge said:

I don't need to imagine, I've seen it xD 

Horrifying looking creatures xD

The most welcome visitors when you're away(or live in a warmer climate) are lizards 🦎.  You can't beat a lizard.

4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Spiders don't frighten me if I hear a scream from the wife "AAAGGG...JOHN..." I know that is a spider scream and I will go and get it, pick it up if I can and toss it out the window.

Spiders are fine to be honest, I have no beef with them, or atleast didn't until the other day, the little bastard.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Horrifying looking creatures xD

The most welcome visitors when you're away(or live in a warmer climate) are lizards 🦎.  You can't beat a lizard.

Geckos 🥰 Cute, funny, cool, and also extremely useful as they catch and eat all unwanted insects that make it into the house during the day. I even give names to the ones who decide to temporary stay at my place xD 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Geckos 🥰 Cute, funny, cool, and also extremely useful as they catch and eat all unwanted insects that make it into the house during the day. I even give names to the ones who decide to temporary stay at my place xD 

Our daughter has to get live insects from the pet shop to feed her Pixie.

download.png

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Waiting for @Bluewolf to stroll in and tell @Carnivore Chris to man the fuck up :ph34r:

My skin is too tough for mere spider fang to get through... 

I suppose looking at the bite it probably is a spider of some description but a bit unusual that it bit you.. they don't normally, I spend a lot of time in the garden and we have a lot of those false widow spiders knocking about and they seem to double every year.. we get two main types, the cool looking ones with the skull on their backs.. 

See the source image

Or these horrible things with big dark maroon bodies.. 

image.png

When I was cleaning out the side this summer there were loads of them hiding behind the bricks and on the wall by the shed.. I routinely kill them as soon as I spot them.. better not to take any chances I say.. I appreciate the media can over dramatize them as being dangerous but I have had them crawling on me when I walk in my man cave outside as they are hanging right above me in the roof beams so I have to keep a beady eye open all the time but thankfully never been bitten so far.. Some of the bigger ones are a bit concerning.. 

What ever you do people never panic, you are 1000 times bigger than they are so stay cool at all times.. 

Me when I walk into my man cave and get a web on me... :ph34r:

Freak Out Ugh GIF by Dora and the Lost City of Gold

Honestly though, I can tolerate spiders I can see but accidently walking into a web across the path along the sheds and getting it in your face and not knowing where the spider is can be a traumatic few seconds... xD

• Haha 2

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Honestly though, I can tolerate spiders I can see but accidently walking into a web across the path along the sheds and getting it in your face and not knowing where the spider is can be a traumatic few seconds... xD

Same xD

I end up getting shivers for a good few moments afterwards even when the proverbial coast is clear.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, nudge said:

I like scorpions though, they are cool.

Anything better than those fuckers:

d2a7364ceb76e72655b45ad7f2334fde.jpg

I think I'd have heart failure if that was crawling anywhere near me.

I hate any sort of bugs, I remember school allowed me to take the class stick insect home as a treat. It never returned to the school, my mum got it out of the sweets jar it was kept in and put it into my hand, I freaked out and flung it as far as I could throw it. 

Seen as we were in the back garden it was lost forever.

Edited by Devil
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I've been bitten by:

Dog

Monkey 

Parrot 

Female human

Midgey 

Mosquito

Horse fly

Flea

Now spider

Stung by:

Wasps

Attacked by:

Swans

Geese

Scratched by:

Cat

Scared the fuck out by:

Fox(running out in front of me while while cycling)

Deer(ran out of the bushes and nearly took me out at 5 in rhe morning while fishing.

Mouse: randomly running around my tent once.

Geez some list. Never a bee though? About 5 times for me. 

On 30/12/2022 at 19:29, Bluewolf said:

My skin is too tough for mere spider fang to get through... 

I suppose looking at the bite it probably is a spider of some description but a bit unusual that it bit you.. they don't normally, I spend a lot of time in the garden and we have a lot of those false widow spiders knocking about and they seem to double every year.. we get two main types, the cool looking ones with the skull on their backs.. 

See the source image

Or these horrible things with big dark maroon bodies.. 

image.png

When I was cleaning out the side this summer there were loads of them hiding behind the bricks and on the wall by the shed.. I routinely kill them as soon as I spot them.. better not to take any chances I say.. I appreciate the media can over dramatize them as being dangerous but I have had them crawling on me when I walk in my man cave outside as they are hanging right above me in the roof beams so I have to keep a beady eye open all the time but thankfully never been bitten so far.. Some of the bigger ones are a bit concerning.. 

What ever you do people never panic, you are 1000 times bigger than they are so stay cool at all times.. 

I don't think it was a false widow as I've never seen any in the house or near it ever, although you see them all the time on building sites, they always live under the clips on the fences. 

The fang marks look too wide apart for a spider that small also, this was something larger.

15 spiders in the UK can bite apparently, it's just that it's very rare. I was probably asleep, rolled over on it and it had me.

Also walking through webs is horrible, especially when it all ends up in your mouth. 

Just now, Carnivore Chris said:

I don't think it was a false widow as I've never seen any in the house or near it ever, although you see them all the time on building sites, they always live under the clips on the fences. 

The fang marks look too wide apart for a spider that small also, this was something larger.

15 spiders in the UK can bite apparently, it's just that it's very rare. I was probably asleep, rolled over on it and it had me.

Also walking through webs is horrible, especially when it all ends up in your mouth

@MUFC

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Also walking through webs is horrible, especially when it all ends up in your mouth.

It's more annoying when you already know where the web is and you avoid it then the next day you totally forget about it and walk right through it.. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Probably one of those Nosferratus spiders that made their way from the south to Central and North Europe. There have been reports of sightings all over the internet last year. 

Guess it makes sense for spiders to be all across the world wide web.

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

When I lived in Australia in a bush area and I took our 2 dogs for a walk I always carried a stick with me and if I walked between trees or bushes I would always wave the stick in front of me in case of spider webs, some Aussie spiders are lethal.

23 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It's more annoying when you already know where the web is and you avoid it then the next day you totally forget about it and walk right through it.. 

Always the same spots and they still get you every time.

11 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

When I lived in Australia in a bush area and I took our 2 dogs for a walk I always carried a stick with me and if I walked between trees or bushes I would always wave the stick in front of me in case of spider webs, some Aussie spiders are lethal.

Everything seems to attack in Australia. This may explain why our Aussie members on here are as they are...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Always the same spots and they still get you every time.

Everything seems to attack in Australia. This may explain why our Aussie members on here are as they are...

Always on the defensive 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Devil said:

Back to work tomorrow after a thirteen days off work.

It's fair to say I won't sleep tonight, I'm ready for back to work insomnia.

Ha!!!, when I retired I still kept waking up at 04.30, jumping out of bed thinking I had to get ready for work, which lasted for about a week or two. O.o xD

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Back to work tomorrow after a thirteen days off work.

One of the craziest mornings for me when I was working and I am sure I have mentioned it before in here somewhere is one morning I woke up as per normal around 04.30, crawled out of bed with a slight hangover, made my way into the bathroom, had a shower then made my way into our bedroom.

Got dressed in my suit and tie etc getting ready for work, now, I like to be alone first thing in the morning before I go to work, no breakfast but just a cup of coffee then think about the day ahead.

This particular morning I was sitting there supping away on my coffee when the wife came in and sat down beside me rubbing her eyes, I then said "What are you doing up at this time in the morning?" Liz just looked at me and said "What are YOU doing up dressed in your suit and tie? it's Saturday morning you are off work for the weekend", then she made her way back to bed.

I thought to myself SHIT :dam:, went back to the bedroom and took my suit off and just dressed into some scruffs, and just stayed up watching tv and on the laptop. :coffee:

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

image.png

I would pick 2 and 3... 

What is this? A list of most useless superpowers? xD 

I'd choose 2 and 5. 2 because you can always sell gravel, and 5 because it would be fun to fuck about with people's toasters xD 

• Haha 2

Just now, nudge said:

I'd choose 2 and 5. 2 because you can always sell gravel

That's why I picked it... xD and surely being able to teleport 7 inches might come in useful in a fight... or you could use it to go from one side of a locked door to the other.. :ph34r:

• Haha 2