talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That's why I picked it... xD and surely being able to teleport 7 inches might come in useful in a fight... or you could use it to go from one side of a locked door to the other.. :ph34r:

Nice thinking there, fellow criminal xD 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

2 & 5 as well for the same reasons @nudge mentioned.

5 is probably the most useful.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Nah, 2 is the most useful as you can make a living solely from selling endless amounts of gravel... 

Think how many driveways you could do with endless free gravel... 

Edited by Bluewolf

Free gravel for life you could make millions undercutting every garden centre across the UK and the world if you can ship it.

A ton bag is around £65 retail and the bog standard pea gravel, there is also decorative gravel. 

A ton bag will cover 12m2 so you'd need to sell at least 3 bags for a single car driveway.

To be fair this could be pretty useful whilst looking for something, how many times have you been looking for something. Be great to know if it was a waste of time before digging it out of the shed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today at work a buddy of mine was cleaning parts for kegging with  a caustic chemical, a sort of lye. Another guy comes over and starts yapping abs taking paper collars off the kegs, I tell him to be careful because the bucket of lye was resting on top of the legs. And he knocks it over saturating his arm but when the bucket hit the ground it covered my face. I had fucking caustic chemicals splashed on my face, I wore my glasses today so I got lucky with my eyes but I had to sprint over to the eye wash station. I could feel it on my face, it covered my jumper and jeans.

I’m so fucking mad I was shaking, I wanted to throttle him.

• Wow 1

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Today at work a buddy of mine was cleaning parts for kegging with  a caustic chemical, a sort of lye. Another guy comes over and starts yapping abs taking paper collars off the kegs, I tell him to be careful because the bucket of lye was resting on top of the legs. And he knocks it over saturating his arm but when the bucket hit the ground it covered my face. I had fucking caustic chemicals splashed on my face, I wore my glasses today so I got lucky with my eyes but I had to sprint over to the eye wash station. I could feel it on my face, it covered my jumper and jeans.

Nasty... sounds like the place has good H&S regulations in place and people with good common sense working there... We have a chemical that hygiene uses at our place that behaves the same way as acid if you get any of it on you in it's pure form, dangerous stuff

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Spike said:

That sounds bad buddy, I know I suffered once from ammonia poisoning, I was working in a potato factory in Australia when I was a young lad and they made frozen chips and it was my job to go inside the freezer and clean up any cut potato chips that fell off the moving belt and also to bleed the freezer and let excess ammonia out, I can remember the white fumes coming out the tap and I inhaled a small portion.

These were the days in the late 60s when Health & Safety laws were more or less non-existent, that knocked me for six and I was off work for 2 days.

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Nasty... sounds like the place has good H&S regulations in place and people with good common sense working there... We have a chemical that hygiene uses at our place that behaves the same way as acid if you get any of it on you in it's pure form, dangerous stuff

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

That sounds bad buddy, I know I suffered once from ammonia poisoning, I was working in a potato factory in Australia when I was a young lad and they made frozen chips and it was my job to go inside the freezer and clean up any cut potato chips that fell off the moving belt and also to bleed the freezer and let excess ammonia out, I can remember the white fumes coming out the tap and I inhaled a small portion.

These were the days in the late 60s when Health & Safety laws were more or less non-existent, that knocked me for six and I was off work for 2 days.

He is a fucking warehouse manager so he shouldn't have even been in the packing hall, he was just being a bludger and wanting to talk someone's ear off.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Spike said:

People are fools. I was the health and safety rep at my last workplace not much to do but some of the little things and risks you see people take are incredible. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I've just read that @Panna King died.:( Does anyone know what happened? 

I thought it was a joke at first and if true very sad news but...the only people bar Panna King himself who can use his name is a Mod or Admin I think, so who got the news to post it?, unless it was family of his who used his password and logged in here to pass the news on.

Edit: It don't add up, it says his last post was on January 25th yet whoever posted below posted on the 18th of January?

A.png

download.png

Edited by CaaC (John)