talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

Last night I had my birthday reunion, late because I could only do it at this point earliest. It just made me realize I should step away from my social life for a bit. Sadly, I lack serious social skills thanks to my conditions but I still feel this can be worked around a bit, and I want to focus on that. Basically I felt constantly interrupted in conversations, and couldn't jump into the others conversations. I know they love me because they gave me a birthday card and cake signed and bought by everyone, but I just felt very uncomfortable and broke down at around 11 PM, to the point I had to abandon and go upstairs.

I really enjoy being social, but the only thing that I am truly passionate about is my job, I'm happy where I am and love the person I am, but acknowledge there is still room for improvement. I've decided to go back to therapy just to calmly work on myself a bit more. 

On the other hand, I made some good food yesterday. Introduced Poutine to most of that group, haha.

19 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Last night I had my birthday reunion, late because I could only do it at this point earliest. It just made me realize I should step away from my social life for a bit. Sadly, I lack serious social skills thanks to my conditions but I still feel this can be worked around a bit, and I want to focus on that. Basically I felt constantly interrupted in conversations, and couldn't jump into the others conversations. I know they love me because they gave me a birthday card and cake signed and bought by everyone, but I just felt very uncomfortable and broke down at around 11 PM, to the point I had to abandon and go upstairs.

I really enjoy being social, but the only thing that I am truly passionate about is my job, I'm happy where I am and love the person I am, but acknowledge there is still room for improvement. I've decided to go back to therapy just to calmly work on myself a bit more. 

On the other hand, I made some good food yesterday. Introduced Poutine to most of that group, haha.

Interruptions or people that often do that, really don’t realise they are doing it. It stems either from their own lack of understanding social cues or excitement. I can get interruptive when I’m excited by a topic. So don’t take it personally, depending on the situation it could just mean people are having fun and are stimulated 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Ooooh aaah touchy

Nah, just messing. I see the conversations you have with DDW and you're always giving each other verbals, you must be used to it xD 

Hope you had a great birthday nonetheless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stan said:

You've never said happy birthday to me so fuck you.

lol, whenever I see that it's someone's Birthday on Facebook, I check our Friendship thing to see if they congratulated me previously. If they didn't, they can get fucked. 

• Haha 4

• Administrator
Just now, Tommy said:

lol, whenever I see that it's someone's Birthday on Facebook, I check our Friendship thing to see if they congratulated me previously. If they didn't, they can get fucked. 

You're my hero. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

So thats why you never pop up on my timeline anymore. 

f u dead 2 me.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Now that's the level of pettiness I can get behind xD 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

I am tempted to break the bank, buy the forum, ban Phil with superglue + his IP and then return the forum to Rab or whoever owns it. I am considering it.

I'll ban you before you even get a chance xD

:ph34r:

4 hours ago, Spike said:

Interruptions or people that often do that, really don’t realise they are doing it. It stems either from their own lack of understanding social cues or excitement. I can get interruptive when I’m excited by a topic. So don’t take it personally, depending on the situation it could just mean people are having fun and are stimulated 

Just saw this. I do it too, and yeah I don't realize it, but I try to cut it out more than I used too. 

I felt very uncomfortable last night, also by the fact that 3 people who said they were on the way and I thought were my friends no-showed.

I had a good amount of people though so maybe it was a blessing in disguise more didn't go.