talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Peppercorn sauce's nice. :(

If you have recommendations, I'm all ears.

Without a doubt it's very nice, but it's used with the less nobel cut of beef.

Fillet steak is best done pan fried with just a dab of extra virgin olive oil in my experience.

• Subscriber

Back from our daughters about an hour ago and enjoyed a lovely Christmas dinner, now chilling out watching tv and sipping a bottle of  Château CanteraneSaint-Émilion 2011 Red Wine with a bottle of Nobleman Full Cream Wine and 3 miniature bottles of Cockburn Ruby/Fine Ruby & Fine Tawny Port all Christmas gifts to me I will leave for another time...I think  :D

48421464_10156954691512855_2569706038735

• Upvote 1

Just went on a rant on Twitter about the Lambada and Jennifer Lopez.

It's sad that we live in a generation where people think jlo created that tune. Not only is it wrong, but her version is also so bad that it's almost cringeworthy. The Lambada is absolutely brilliant. Her version? An insult.

It's almost as bad as that Jagger song by Maroon 5, when most of the kids singing it probably didn't even know who Mick Jagger was.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, nudge said:

Christmas hangover... :shutup: Time for pizza and Star Wars haha. Not even going to get up from the couch today.

Just dragged myself out of bed, never hit the cot until the back of two, watched the film Joe Kidd I had recorded and then the Fugitive with Harrison Ford, oh, Red Wine and Port do not work well mixed when waking up.  O.o

Edited by CaaC - John
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Just dragged myself out of bed, never hit the cot until the back of two, watched the film Joe Kidd I had recorded and then the Fugitive with Harrison Ford, oh, Red Wine and Port do not work well mixed when waking up.  O.o

Haha same with whisky and beer... went to bed at 5am too... At any case it's the perfect excuse to do absolutely nothing the whole day today :D 

• Administrator

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes!

I've nearly recovered from my food coma and need to get out of bed by 12.30 to go to the Leicester game later. I've got 2 and a bit hours to get it done. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha same with whisky and beer... went to bed at 5am too... At any case it's the perfect excuse to do absolutely nothing the whole day today :D

Not going anywhere today, I am going to stretch out on the sofa after and start reading my Jack Reacher book I got for Christmas until the football starts this afternoon, Liz is making a roast beef dinner later on with all the usual ingredients (roast tatties, veg, gravy etc), looking forward to that.  

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Went out for lunch today and am now having a Chivas Regal on the rocks in bed watching James Bond. Not bad this life thing 

got the Bond films on record as they've been showing the more recent ones every day for the past few days.

Got the whole week off next week so that's some TV viewing sorted.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

got the Bond films on record as they've been showing the more recent ones every day for the past few days.

Got the whole week off next week so that's some TV viewing sorted.

Funny pun coming up but they’re like all on “Stan” streaming service. 

Edit: wow just realised it’s an Aussie only company? 

Edited by Toinho

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes!

I've nearly recovered from my food coma and need to get out of bed by 12.30 to go to the Leicester game later. I've got 2 and a bit hours to get it done. 

Any progress yet?

Happy belated birthday btw. Did not see it earlier.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Funny pun coming up but they’re like all on “Stan” streaming service. 

Edit: wow just realised it’s an Aussie only company? 

xD never heard of it!

8 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Any progress yet?

Happy belated birthday btw. Did not see it earlier.

Yeah getting there. After a fry-up for breakfast, proper full-on Xmas dinner, then loads of snacks throughout the day and ending the day with a cheeseboard, it was bound to happen. I was prepared for the inevitable!

• Like 1

• Subscriber

They say that when you get older your taste buds change, bloody true!! a while back I could not stand eating Brussel sprouts or carrots, that has gone right out of the window now, the wife made yesterday roast beef with Yorkie pudds, roast tatties with gravy and with BRUSSEL SPROUTS and CARROTS and I scoffed the lot down lol.  

Today it will be sausages in gravy with ALL the odds and sods above...bliss :x 9_9