talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

I was just browsing the forum thinking the quality has really improved, then I noticed @SirBalon hasn't posted for 3 weeks. :what:

I was thinking it seems quieter than usual and that's not a positive thing.

@SirBalon creates debate and is fundamental to the forum whether he's your cup of tea or not.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Because I've got nothing better to do, I'm currently going back in time to every match I've been to and working out my win ratio.

41.2% since 2011 so far but still got a few matches to add!

0% win ratio for this season so far for the matches I've attended O.o

Edited by Pyfish

@Dr. Gonzo how do you survive in America without smashing your TV? Watching NBCSN football streams has given me a taste of life in America...I thought the "these are real people, not actors, OMG CHEVY" adverts were annoying (I actually mute the TV every time they come on), but I've just seen the exact same Verizon advert four times in one commercial break...and probably about 15 times so far today.

4 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

@Dr. Gonzo how do you survive in America without smashing your TV? Watching NBCSN football streams has given me a taste of life in America...I thought the "these are real people, not actors, OMG CHEVY" adverts were annoying (I actually mute the TV every time they come on), but I've just seen the exact same Verizon advert four times in one commercial break...and probably about 15 times so far today.

Oh those fucking Chevy adverts are unbearable. If I ever see that irritating cunt who's in them in real life, I'm gonna smash his fucking head in. Normally I do other shit at half time so I don't have to watch any of that. But generally speaking, I legitimately don't know how I survive in America without smashing my tv xD - that's a good question, the ads are the fucking worst in America.

If you think it's bad for football, give watching sports that are actually popular in America a go. Those sports have been made easy to break up for adverts, so you get an insane amount of them throughout the whole game. 

23 minutes ago, Spike said:

@Berserker what sort of cuias do you use? 

looking at this one https://www.amazon.com/Balibetov-Handmade-original-Including-Bombilla/dp/B01CNWZPGQ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

but I'm put off from some reviews but I can't tell if it is because they didn't cure it properly.

Yeah these are the most common but you have to cure it the first time and you always have to clean it and dry it so it's not the most comfy one, i've been using one similar to the one to the left on this picture for years and it's worked wonders, you don't have to do nothing to it, just make sure it's kinda thick so that the outside doesn't gets too hot.

d35337d2280a40a565b939a94bcd31d3.jpg

Edited by Berserker
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Berserker said:

Yeah these are the most common but you have to cure it the first time and you have always clean it and dry it so it's not the most comfy one, i've been using one similar to the one to the left on this picture for years and it's worked wonders, you don't have to do nothing to it, just make sure it's kinda thick so that the outside doesn't gets too warm.

d35337d2280a40a565b939a94bcd31d3.jpg

Cheers, dude. I was concerned about buying a gourd mainly because I'm not living alone at the moment and I'm scared someone (the alzheimer's lady) might toss it in the dishwasher or soak it in soap, while I have it drying. 

Concerned about the bombilla though, apparently the one it comes with is a bit shit

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

Cheers, dude. I was concerned about buying a gourd mainly because I'm not living alone at the moment and I'm scared someone (the alzheimer's lady) might toss it in the dishwasher or soak it in soap, while I have it drying. 

Concerned about the bombilla though, apparently the one it comes with is a bit shit

Np mate. An aluminium or steel one with a flat lip is best.

• Subscriber

I wish someone would develop some way of me knowing if it’s snowing or has snowed really bad in other cities. Twitter isn’t reliable and nor is the weather websites or forecasts. 

I just need to know if I can get to work which is 81 miles away! I don’t want to set off and then be told we can work from home...

1 minute ago, Pyfish said:

I wish someone would develop some way of me knowing if it’s snowing or has snowed really bad in other cities. Twitter isn’t reliable and nor is the weather websites or forecasts. 

I just need to know if I can get to work which is 81 miles away! I don’t want to set off and then be told we can work from home...

Make friends ! And you can start that by gifting them smartphones so they remain in touch with you by talking about weather and other things in their life   

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Where is your work?

Type in google the place and then 'live cctv' or 'live cameras' and it may help. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

Can't you call work and ask before you leave? Or one of your colleagues or whatever?

Also I use one app which works for me and I find it extremely accurate for one or two days in advance; it's a paid one and is called Ventusky. They also have a free website. Maybe could be helpful for you too: https://www.ventusky.com/ It shows upcoming snow and current snow cover as well.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, nudge said:

Can't you call work and ask before you leave? Or one of your colleagues or whatever?

Also I use one app which works for me and I find it extremely accurate for one or two days in advance; it's a paid one and is called Ventusky. They also have a free website. Maybe could be helpful for you too: https://www.ventusky.com/ It shows upcoming snow and current snow cover as well.

My word that is so cool, and very informative. How have I not heard of that app before?!

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

My word that is so cool, and very informative. How have I not heard of that app before?!

Yeah I don't know why it's not more popular... I tried a lot of weather apps and services before but none were even remotely accurate... And then I found this one when I was looking for an accurate model for the storm Pabuk that recently hit my area and was really surprised by how accurate their radar and prediction model was. Have been using it since then and bought the app as well; the rain predictions for my area are spot on (and that's what I'm mostly looking for especially for the rainy season) and that's says a lot considering the size of the town I live in. Highly recommended.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Azeem said:

Make friends ! And you can start that by gifting them smartphones so they remain in touch with you by talking about weather and other things in their life   

Thank you for your incredibly helpful suggestion xD

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Where is your work?

Type in google the place and then 'live cctv' or 'live cameras' and it may help. 

Leeds. Tried that before but it's often dark on them!

32 minutes ago, nudge said:

None of them are ever awake or don't reply in time. Still tucked up in bed when I leave for work!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Pyfish said:

I use the BBC webpage weather chart https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather

Click the weather icon and you will get...

50463119_10157020357992855_5934939350398

Click Manchester and you will get...

50411506_10157020358232855_3526455401723

Moving the wee arrow on the left will give you the weather time going forward, looking at that Thursday morning at 03:00 there will be a lot of snow moving in but missing Leeds. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 17/01/2019 at 10:28, Pyfish said:

Because I've got nothing better to do, I'm currently going back in time to every match I've been to and working out my win ratio.

41.2% since 2011 so far but still got a few matches to add!

0% win ratio for this season so far for the matches I've attended O.o

Win Percentages
Grimsby Town
League Two 16.67%
National League 50.00%
FA Trophy 33.33%
League Trophy 0.00%
Total 31.25%
Sunderland Premier League 50.00%
Total 50.00%
Overall 37.50%

Here's my win ratios from the games I've entered so far!

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

There's also one for older women. I'm on a coach and I have to keep scrolling away quickly before someone thinks I'm looking for "a blacky" or an old woman.

No, lol, and the wife is sitting just across from me and if I got a photo like that popping up on this laptop or my phone I would delete it asp because if she saw it she would say "what the fuck is that!!"  xD

32 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Is anyone else getting this? xD

28bcgav.jpg

There's also one for older women. I'm on a coach and I have to keep scrolling away quickly before someone thinks I'm looking for "a blacky" or an old woman.

I have Adblocker running on mine so don't normally get ads but since having my movie website running I been coming home to notifications running all down the side of my laptop telling me there are women in my area who would love to meet up and have sex etc... I don't mind the ads just fed up of walking endless streets to find empty houses and old couples saying they don't have a clue who Natasha is??  

Just as I am typing this one has just popped up in the corner.. xD where did I leave my house keys?? 

2m2yuk2.png

• Haha 3