talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

There should be a law against idiot firms that come up with new ways to increase waste.. All the posh rich people will be doing it though.. 

Didn't they have them like in the 70s or 80s as a version of instant coffee as well? Tasted like shite back then; I'm sure that hasn't changed. 

As for increasing unnecessary waste - this takes the cake for me xD

oranges-Twitter.jpeg

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Didn't they have them like in the 70s or 80s as a version of instant coffee as well? Tasted like shite back then; I'm sure that hasn't changed. 

As for increasing unnecessary waste - this takes the cake for me xD

oranges-Twitter.jpeg

The world will never cease to amaze in the ingenious ways it has to produce ridiculous things for people that they just don't need... Plastic, probably the worlds greatest invention and will probably be our greatest downfall...  

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just about to start watching 'The Thing' on the Horror Channel... The one with Kurt Russell 

I remember going to the old Studio 7 cinema in Kingston back in the day to watch this when it first came out.. 

Classic flick

• Subscriber

Hoping to improve my win percentage a little bit with Grimsby tonight in the League Cup!

Win Percentages by Club and Competition
Grimsby Town
League Two 35.29%
National League 42.86%
FA Trophy 33.33%
League Cup 0.00%
League Trophy 0.00%
Total 35.71%
Sunderland
Premier League 50.00%
League One 100.00%
Total 53.85%
Overall 41.46%

I'm an idiot. I started on a decent building site(student accommodation) 2 weeks ago, there is only probably a months work left but it was cushty as I quickly managed to get myself in the little office where all I was doing is checking people in and taking new arrival's finger prints all day, given how you need to use your finger prints to enter and exit the site. I fucked it off in order to start some work on a bridge today(which is longer term work and better pay), not knowing that it was actually inside the bridge, you couldn't stand up inside there, it was dark, full of sut and it was literally like an underground coal mine. Certainly not for people with claustrophobia, so I fucked off literally 5 minutes later. No chance I'm doing that. It was a fucking horrible experience and I only went in there for 5 minutes. Even getting into the bridge itself was dodgy. Walking across scaffold planks, and when you looked down all you could see is the river. Everything about it was just not me, fuck all that.

Luckily I've just been offered another job just now, which is long term, so I can start that tomorrow.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Haha 4

• Subscriber

19 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Even getting into the bridge itself was dodgy. Walking across scaffold planks, and when you looked down all you could see is the river.

Fuck that, I am scared shit of heights and that reminds me of my army days going on leave or coming home you had to walk across a bridge with planks when you got off or on the Ferry in Zeebrugge to get on land and the fucking thing would sway in the wind, something like that below.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611602a508cf93444ad0d

31 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Fuck that, I am scared shit of heights and that reminds me of my army days going on leave or coming home you had to walk across a bridge with planks when you got off or on the Ferry in Zeebrugge to get on land and the fucking thing would sway in the wind, something like that below.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611602a508cf93444ad0d

I've seen people fall through scaffold planks on new build sites. I saw one go on a bricky last year. Luckily he was a big lad so he couldn't fit through the gap and was able to pull himself back up or he'd have had a certain death there considering how beneath him was all scaffold tubes, which he'd have twatted every part of his body on on the way down. In fairness though, this was more due to poor scaffolding and a poor housing company(persimmon homes, yes I'm name dropping as they're cunts) whose inspections, etc are very questionable, but I mean, wood can rot and something like that occur quite easily happen even if the scaffold has been done properly.

They use aluminium on some sites now and for me that is much better, although costs a lot more which is why only some do it.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I've seen people fall through scaffold planks on new build sites. I saw one go on a bricky last year. Luckily he was a big lad so he couldn't fit through the gap or he'd have had a certain death there considering how beneath him was all scaffold tubes, which he'd have twatted every part of his body on on the way down.

Remember that old photo of guys sitting on scaffolding years ago when building the Rockefeller Building, that photo always scared the shite out of me and I always thought how the fuck could they do that then I found out a while back that...

..il_794xN.1427816551_onhi.jpg

That photo was not as it appeared to be but was doctored for advertising purposes and the guys sitting on it had a floor level just below them, that made sense then lol.

e2baba39fdd93e6bd21c7fa51a21bf3f.jpg

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Remember that old photo of guys sitting on scaffolding years ago when building the Rockefeller Building, that photo always scared the shite out of me and I always thought how the fuck could they do that then I found out a while back that...

..il_794xN.1427816551_onhi.jpg

That photo was not as it appeared to be but was doctored for advertising purposes and the guys sitting on it had a floor level just below them, that made sense then lol.

e2baba39fdd93e6bd21c7fa51a21bf3f.jpg

No hard hat, no steel toe cap boots, no hi-vis clothing.....It's funny how times change.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

No hard hat, no steel toe cap boots, no hi-vis clothing.....It's funny how times change.

Aye, how times change alright, same as Cricket nowadays, Safetyhat with a face grid and padding all over yet when you remember the likes of 'Beefy' Botham, Viv Richards etc, none of that in their days.

64551.jpg

Viv-Richards-1174963.jpg

41 minutes ago, nudge said:

Still the same here...

000041.JPG

000032.JPG

000035.JPG

000039.JPG

000017.JPG

000036.JPG

000050.JPG

000028.JPG

These are real grafters. Scaffold made out of bamboo.

It becomes more strict all the time now over here. It's even at the point where a lot of sites(especially the ones which build apartment buildings) require you to wear gloves. The dickwad site managers even collar you for not wearing them if you're simply walking across site.

The worse is when they say it is to prevent Weil's disease, but that is contracted via water and if your gloves are wet, it soaks through them anyway. Also they allow fingerless gloves, so that completely defeats the purpose. There is health and safety and then there is ridiculous. I'd have more chance of contracting Weil's disease from night fishing too as there are rats everywhere and it's easy to forget to wash your hands when fishing(although I always have some of that hand sanitizer stuff), and then eating something. This doesn't happen at work as you always wash them before every break time and after work.

Best is when you have painters INSIDE a house painting and they have to wear hard hats. Come on, what the fuck is going to drop on their head when they are inside a house? Ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Not bad! I had a work social / awards thing on Friday and we were drinking on the train from 8am and didn't stop until like 1am the next day. I was f**ked.

Sounds like a great day!

Wish I could spend all day drinking, that would be nice for a change... 

Waitrose returned 9 pallets of stock to us yesterday which was rejected by them because their driver messed up and it went on staff sale for 50p a pot today, £30,000 worth of stock that will probably get binned.. what a fucking waste.. Seeing the staff trying to get at the product was like watching a pride of lions let loose in a kids playground at lunch break... 

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Wish I could spend all day drinking, that would be nice for a change... 

Waitrose returned 9 pallets of stock to us yesterday which was rejected by them because their driver messed up and it went on staff sale for 50p a pot today, £30,000 worth of stock that will probably get binned.. what a fucking waste.. Seeing the staff trying to get at the product was like watching a pride of lions let loose in a kids playground at lunch break... 

What was the stock of?