talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber

I've won a £250 Amazon gift card from work, untouched and unused. Anybody interested?

I've recently spent a lot on there so don't really need it. I will obviously use it if i have to, but i'll knock a little bit off if anyone wants it.  ;) 

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I've won a £250 Amazon gift card from work, untouched and unused. Anybody interested?

I've recently spent a lot on there so don't really need it. I will obviously use it if i have to, but i'll knock a little bit off if anyone wants it.  ;) 

I'll have it for free?

Happy birthday @Berserker

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So an update on my scouting job. I met up with my boss for the first time yesterday and I don't think it went well. I have a test of fire and I'm going to take it, but I honestly think the whole thing will fall through. Not because I don't believe in my abilities, more because the formatting will need to be perfect I reckon. I'm happy with how far I've gotten though and I'm definitely making some progress in my career. However I am having doubts that this will be the game changing week.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stan said:

What's this?

I have to analyze the upcoming opposition and the bosses are going to present it to the manager to see if it's extra help.

I am good at team analysis - I did this freelance for a while. Of course though, one thing is formatting it for readers and another thing is formatting it for professional use. That's my worry.

• Subscriber

It took me a while but I spotted the Camel in the end, I was not sure where to post this as I thought about posting it in the Animal Thread at first? O.o

The test of the head is to find a camel, it's a test to see who can develop Alzheimer's.
Doctors say those who find the camel will be far from developing Alzheimer's.

69832668_10162143588450526_8151868101269

So the scouting gig is done for now. I'd like to thank this club for the experience and the effort put to try and include me as much as they could. Perhaps I tried to drift on a motorcycle too soon though. I took this decision as I felt the whole thing was poorly planned from everyone, and if they want me in Peru I don't really have a chance as I have to remain in Canada for the time being.

I can reveal the club now. I was at Academia Cantolao in Peru's top flight.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Eco said:

But not sure what that's supposed to prove or not prove, nor do I understand how this relates to Alzheimer's

Same here, I can't see how that relates to Alzheimer's and I have just found this with the pictured link above, it's more or less a picture puzzle  and how is your eyesight etc, imagine trying to look for it if you are pissed as a newt xD 

The claim isn’t true; finding a camel in an image has no apparent bearing on one’s risks of developing Alzheimer’s disease, nor any other form of dementia.

In fact, the camel in the collage of animals is not in the original artwork, which has been online since 2009. At the time of writing, the artist behind the collage of animals is unknown, but original iterations of the artwork on the Internet show the same work minus the camel

https://www.thatsnonsense.com/can-spotting-a-camel-in-a-photo-determine-likelihood-of-alzheimers-fact-check/

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

Same here, I can't see how that relates to Alzheimer's and I have just found this with the pictured link above, it's more or less a picture puzzle  and how is your eyesight etc, imagine trying to look for it if you are pissed as a newt xD 

The claim isn’t true; finding a camel in an image has no apparent bearing on one’s risks of developing Alzheimer’s disease, nor any other form of dementia.

In fact, the camel in the collage of animals is not in the original artwork, which has been online since 2009. At the time of writing, the artist behind the collage of animals is unknown, but original iterations of the artwork on the Internet show the same work minus the camel

https://www.thatsnonsense.com/can-spotting-a-camel-in-a-photo-determine-likelihood-of-alzheimers-fact-check/

I bet this scheme has scared the shit out of a lot of people though as 5, 10, 15 minutes pass and they can't find the camel. xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Eco said:

I bet this scheme has scared the shit out of a lot of people though as 5, 10, 15 minutes pass and they can't find the camel. xD

Aye, I can imagine someone who is paranoid about his/her health, can't find the camel then rush to his local hospital for a check-up and shitting bricks at the same time :eek:

xD

Edited by CaaC (John)