talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

16 hours ago, Dickie said:

Anime NYC ended a few hours ago, all in all it was a decent con. Obviously wasn't going to be as big as NYCC but still fun and organized as fuck for a first con. Impressed will go again next year, but hopefully not completely shatter the bank like this year. I had con fever...

Which animus are your fav?

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Spike said:

It was ridiculous fun. Da Bears dominated the first half and then promptly shat the bed. I think NFL may have won me over.

I could never get into it. Despite my many visits stateside. Too much of a soccaahhhh fan 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

@SirBalon @Kowabunga Is Coke/Koke a nickname for those named 'Jorge'? 

Yes mate, it's the diminutive of Jorge (George in English).

I've always found it strange that in Spain we have various diminutive of names that are as the original...  There are even some diminutives that are longer than their originals.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Which animus are your fav?

I mean it changes from year to year honestly with all the seasonal anime. I'll always love Dragonball Z for what it is same with Naruto. Primarily I go for Isekai so like Sword Art Online, KonoSuba, Re:Zero, etc. However when I always recommend Tokyo Ghoul to anyone who likes any kind of anime. 

3 hours ago, Spike said:

@SirBalon @Kowabunga Is Coke/Koke a nickname for those named 'Jorge'? 

59 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yes mate, it's the diminutive of Jorge (George in English).

I've always found it strange that in Spain we have various diminutive of names that are as the original...  There are even some diminutives that are longer than their originals.

That's odd, here Jorge's "diminutive" would be Jorgito, albeit it's not used at all. The same with the name Jorge itself as it's an old man's name.

23 minutes ago, Berserker said:

That's odd, here Jorge's "diminutive" would be Jorgito, albeit it's not used at all. The same with the name Jorge itself as it's an old man's name.

You could say "Jorgito"...  Remember that for many names there are also many diminutives and for example my name "Antonio" you've got "Tony (or Toni)" (the one almost everyone calls me), "Toño", "Tonino", "Antonino" and probably other variants I haven't mentioned.  "José" for example has "Joselito", "Joseíto" and the most popular, "Pepe".

7 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

"Brian"(@Blue) "Nick" @Berserker)...You 2 both have very common English names.

My Grandad was called Brian in fact.

To be fair my name is very common across the Western hemisphere and some parts of the East, it's Nicolás here, Nicholas or Nick in the anglosphere, Nicola in Italy, Niklas in Scandinavia, Nikola in Eastern Europe and Nikolay in Russia, and there are probably more.

Edited by Berserker

3 minutes ago, Berserker said:

To be fair my name is very common across the Western hemisphere and some parts of the East, it's Nicolás here, Nicholas or Nick in the anglosphere, Nicola in Italy, Niklas in Scandinavia, Nikola in Eastern Europe and Nikolay in Russia, and there are probably more.

Is your surname Claus? :ph34r:

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

Best food in the world. 

Definitely need to go to a steakhouse for the inaugral TF365 meet-up in 2024 :ph34r:.

I'm in! xD 

And yes, completely agree, I love variety in my food but nothing even comes close to a proper steak :x