talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

55 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yeah fuck off Soccer AID, raising money for charity, bet none of them ever give their money away ever because they're rich.

Yeah, fuck off Soccer Aid, begging for £20 donations, that’s equivalent to just shy of three hours work for somebody on the national minimum wage. 

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Soccer Aid can fuck off. The cheeky twats wanting £20 donations, I remember when they’d ask for £2. 

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Yeah fuck off soccer aid. Rich people begging the public to donate money, it doesn't sit well with me. Yaya woukd've been on 250k a week last season and that drug cheat Farah winds me up.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Yeah fuck off Soccer AID, raising money for charity, bet none of them ever give their money away ever because they're rich.

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Yeah, fuck off Soccer Aid, begging for £20 donations, that’s equivalent to just shy of three hours work for somebody on the national minimum wage. 

Yeah, fuck off Soccer Aid, No way I am giving up an hours pay... 

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Haven't the government agreed to match every pound donated? Where's that magic money tree come from? :ph34r:

Ours is at the bottom of the garden... I often tell the kids to go and give it a shake when they need something, like when they make those off the cuff comments like "Dad let's get a new shed" quickly followed by "Let's get some decking and Artificial grass as well" 

Yea, don't worry kids, I will just poo the money out my bumhole and we can go and buy all them things no worries... 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

There'll be a reason they're asking for £20 Billy Bragg. They're raising money for charity, asking for money, not forcing someone on minimum wage to give their money over.

• Subscriber

After Liverpool fans, moths have to be the most annoying and pointless creatures on the planet. I swear that bastard fluttering around my ceiling every time I try and go to bed and hiding whenever I get up to sort him out is the 5th one that's made it's way in here this weekend. 

• Upvote 1

My life is ridiculous sometimes.

Score a hat trick from defensive mid, get a yellow card for saying to the ref "unbelievable" then get a second booking for my first foul, sent off at 3-2. Team losss 4-3. Now we face a relegation battle. Can't make this shit up. 

So on the weekend I got blackout drunk. The moment I woke up Sunday morning every single embarrassing and stupid moment from being drunk flashed before me like a slideshow; it became clear how pathetic it all seemed. It shook me to my core. I feel absolutely revolted by alcohol now. I don’t think I’ll drink for a long time, I feel like it was affecting my memory and whatnot. I have to get away from it. Anyway I applied to a bartender position, I have an interview on Tuesday, fingers crossed. I told the mrs today she should call her old friend. The friend actually called her. Anyway one of the mrs old boyfriends is dead, died of alcoholism. When she told me I burst out in laughter, it’s as if the universe is really helping me out. He died the same week from the very same thing I chose to give up! Haha, it may sound like I’m being a mean but all these coincidences are just too funny. Besides I have no empathy for a pathetic drunk anyway.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

There'll be a reason they're asking for £20 Billy Bragg. They're raising money for charity, asking for money, not forcing someone on minimum wage to give their money over.

Which itself is fucking wrong. They shouldn’t be the ones deciding what they’re willing to accept. It should free to give as much or as little as possible, especially given how much they’re requesting, which happens to be nearly three hours of pay for those on the national minimum wage. Imagine homeless fellas now saying they only accept anything in excess of a fiver, it’s just wrong. 

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Danny said:

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Which itself is fucking wrong. They shouldn’t be the ones deciding what they’re willing to accept. It should free to give as much or as little as possible, especially given how much they’re requesting, which happens to be nearly three hours of pay for those on the national minimum wage. Imagine homeless fellas now saying they only accept anything in excess of a fiver, it’s just wrong. 

strongly agree with this. Why does it have to be £10 or £20? Why is it constrained to that?

The celebs must have received a fee for appearing/playing yesterday - I would love to know how much of that they donated to the cause. And as for the actual players, especially Yaya Toure as he was the only one still a full professional (?), how much of their fees did they donate?

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

you got 2 t-shirts in return. stop moaning :ph34r: 

You are salty today. 

Odd, as I called to report the mistake, and she said, ' Well are you at least a Real Madrid fan?" xD

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Eco said:

You are salty today. 

Odd, as I called to report the mistake, and she said, ' Well are you at least a Real Madrid fan?" xD

haha seriously? Not even acknowledging the mistake and seeing if they can make you keep the wrong item. 

Have they agreed to send out the Inter one?

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

haha seriously? Not even acknowledging the mistake and seeing if they can make you keep the wrong item. 

Have they agreed to send out the Inter one?

haha - yeah they are sending out the Inter polo. 

She said I can send back the Real shirts if I want, but they won't be charging me for the mistake. 

13 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

You could donate anything you wanted online. What an uproar over nothing.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Danny said:

You could donate anything you wanted online. What an uproar over nothing.

was that made clear during the game :/?

From memory, the bit that came up on the screen said 'Texts costs £10 or £20 + std message rate'. 

i don't recall seeing that you could donate what you want via online.

So somebody has offered me a job interview from a newspaper in Whitehorse. For those who don't know, Whitehorse is a city in northern Canada. I've been applying to places and applied to Whitehorse as a bit of a laugh, and now that I've got the offer I'm actually thinking about making the sacrifice. My journalism career would kick off from there.

46 minutes ago, Blue said:

So somebody has offered me a job interview from a newspaper in Whitehorse. For those who don't know, Whitehorse is a city in northern Canada. I've been applying to places and applied to Whitehorse as a bit of a laugh, and now that I've got the offer I'm actually thinking about making the sacrifice. My journalism career would kick off from there.

Do it. Can you work remote?

Just now, Spike said:

Do it. Can you work remote?

What do you mean by work remote?

I am thinking about the job. I'd have to cover football and husky sledding. Its one of the biggest papers in Yukon too, so it would really be kicking off my career. My only concern is it would be a big sacrifice as I don't know anyone in Yukon. I'm also worried about my anxiety. I have improved hugely on that and am not as anxious as I used to be, but given there are only 25,000 people there, it worries me a bit.

At the same time, I know its the right place to go if I want to move forward. Its just a risk in terms of backup from others.