talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

On 7/17/2018 at 03:35, SirBalon said:

This guys is sentenced to death and look carefully at his reaction when the judge passes sentence ordering his life to be terminated. Chilling isn't the word but what's for sure is that EVIL exists.

From his Wiki page...dude never had a chance. Probably shitty parents as well. 

Early years[edit]

Jenkins was born in Colorado to parents David A. Magee and Lori Jenkins.[7] He spent much of his life prior to the murders in the criminal justice system.[4] He first entered the system at age 7, after bringing a loaded .25 caliber handgun to his elementary school. At age 11, Jenkins was kicked out of a group home for repetitive violence, and stopped regularly attending school. He had committed multiple assaults, including one knife assault, by age 13. In 2003, after spending time in a youth detention facility, Jenkins was sent to prison for two armed carjackings. While incarcerated, he was charged twice: for his part in a 2006 prison riot, as well as for assaulting a prison guard while on a furlough for his grandmother's funeral.[4][8]

48 minutes ago, Eco said:

From his Wiki page...dude never had a chance. Probably shitty parents as well. 

Early years[edit]

Jenkins was born in Colorado to parents David A. Magee and Lori Jenkins.[7] He spent much of his life prior to the murders in the criminal justice system.[4] He first entered the system at age 7, after bringing a loaded .25 caliber handgun to his elementary school. At age 11, Jenkins was kicked out of a group home for repetitive violence, and stopped regularly attending school. He had committed multiple assaults, including one knife assault, by age 13. In 2003, after spending time in a youth detention facility, Jenkins was sent to prison for two armed carjackings. While incarcerated, he was charged twice: for his part in a 2006 prison riot, as well as for assaulting a prison guard while on a furlough for his grandmother's funeral.[4][8]

While upbringing always has to be taken into consideration (something that the judge in this case did do) one cannot be permitted any leverage of mercy when there is always a choice available.

There are also many examples of people brought up in total misery and abuse that lift themselves and make a success out of their lives which is a sort of way to rebel on the bad luck of early childhood.

The repetitive breaking of the rules and never learning your lesson only deserves punishment seeing as there were innocent people who's life was either terminated or terrorised by this individual. It's called justice!

On the other hand... The US correction system (i.e. Prison system) is based on eliminating any human existence from the criminal instead of what it should be fore which is correcting and helping a future integration into society and implementing an understanding of the coexistence rules we must all abide by for obvious reasons.

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

How long has anyone of you have travelled to cast your vote for the general elections ?

few minutes walk.

Elections here always have polling stations very local - held in local schools, sports halls, community halls etc. Quite handy that you don't have to go searching miles and miles for one.

And if you can't get to one locally, you can do a postal vote.

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

few minutes walk.

Elections here always have polling stations very local - held in local schools, sports halls, community halls etc. Quite handy that you don't have to go searching miles and miles for one.

And if you can't get to one locally, you can do a postal vote.

Apparently to my surprise my constituency has turn out to be my dads old constituency which is about three hours drive away from where i live for god knows what reason. And i missed the deadline for postal vote registration.

14 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Apparently to my surprise my constituency has turn out to be my dads old constituency which is about three hours drive away from where i live for god knows what reason. And i missed the deadline for postal vote registration.

UK it's generally fairly close by.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Toinho said:

Like 48% of you lazy lot didn’t even vote on brexit. It can make a difference. 

72% voted. So 28% didn't vote. 

48% voted to remain. 

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Still a huge amount not voting. Idiots. 

Yep, shit that millions of people didn't cos they didn't think it would make a difference. A vote that ended up that close as well could have been different or much closer if someone did vote. 

And when it comes to voting I don't think anyone can moan at the way the result turned out cos they didn't mark a box and put their right to vote to good use. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Wah wah wah

this is a forum for debate. the above post signifies how far the forum has fallen since a good start. 

this is AIDS.

I don't necessarily agree with Cannabis, but I definitely sympathise with his point of view. I've voted in every general election since I turned 18, but did my vote make the slightest difference? No. I live in a very safe seat and I assume he's the same. My vote literally does not matter. Even in the EU referendum, for which there were no constituencies and the result was very close, the margin of victory was over a million votes. My vote sure as shit didn't make a difference, and even if it had, so what? Leave won and we're essentially remaining anyway.

I hate this "if you don't vote you can't complain" shit as well. If you don't attempt to help into power the least bad of a bunch of shitty options, even though it won't make a difference, you're not allowed to point out how shit the victorious shitty option is? Fuck off

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

UK Electorate - 46 million

Voter turnout - 33 million

I don't buy the 'it won't make a difference' rhetoric.

A million people ( could obviously be more) out of that 13 million who didn't turn out could have had the same view as you - 'it doesn't make a difference'.

Guaranteed it would have made some kind of difference if even half of those 13 million fancied voting. 

Also, what do you mean 'so what?' xD Have you seen the state of the UK's politics right now - it was shite to start with anyway but Brexit and the referendum vote has been a huge catalyst for the way it is right now. It's an absolute shit-storm, a clusterfuck of massive proportions and the Brexit vote has a lot to do with that.

• Upvote 1

I'm with Stan on his.

Its about fulfilling your part.

Say if there is a fire and fire fighters putting it out with their fancy stuff and you only have a bucket of water you won't help because what difference i can make with a bucket of water and just sit back and watch ?