Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Off Topic


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

@Staff when a topic is locked, that means you shouldn't post any further, it doesn't matter how much you want to fuel your blinded hate even further.

Grow the fuck up. I'm honestly sick of enemies.

You sound paranoid as fuck. Do you only see black and white? Everyone who disagrees with you is automatically an enemy? You responded to me with wrong assumptions and I just wanted to clarify things. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

You sound paranoid as fuck. Do you only see black and white? Everyone who disagrees with you is automatically an enemy? You responded to me with wrong assumptions and I just wanted to clarify things. 

1. I am paranoid

2. you’re not disagreeing, you have mocked my mental health time and time again, resorting to the “you are saying me a lot” card failing to realize that’s a symptom of depression.

3. I am sick of enemies in general. Sometimes they make themselves, especially with how naive I am. 

You point out that I don’t “practice what I preach” but half the time you mock my mental health you’re just pushing someone off the edge further. I don’t care if it’s real life or a forum. I don’t want to come on here and be reminded of real life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

1. I am paranoid

2. you’re not disagreeing, you have mocked my mental health time and time again, resorting to the “you are saying me a lot” card failing to realize that’s a symptom of depression.

 3. I am sick of enemies in general. Sometimes they make themselves, especially with how naive I am. 

You point out that I don’t “practice what I preach” but half the time you mock my mental health you’re just pushing someone off the edge further. I don’t care if it’s real life or a forum. I don’t want to come on here and be reminded of real life.

Nobody is an "enemy" on here dude. And I never mocked your mental health? Mental health issues are not an excuse for being a self-centered dick btw. 

Are you seeing a psychiatrist? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Nobody is an "enemy" on here dude. And I never mocked your mental health? Mental health issues are not an excuse for being a self-centered dick btw. 

Are you seeing a psychiatrist? 

You WERE mocking my mental health, don’t sugarcoat it. Just accept your mistake and don’t do it again. If I’m pulling the me card with a sympathy thread it probably means I’m at a low point.

And yes, but not as regularly as I would like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

You WERE mocking my mental health, don’t sugarcoat it. Just accept your mistake and don’t do it again. If I’m pulling the me card with a sympathy thread it probably means I’m at a low point.

And yes, but not as regularly as I would like.

I never once mocked your mental health. Maybe your behaviour that shouldn't be excused by mental health issues. 

You should make it more regular, because it's obvious even from an outsider point of view that you need it badly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I never once mocked your mental health. Maybe your behaviour that shouldn't be excused by mental health issues. 

You should make it more regular, because it's obvious even from an outsider point of view that you need it badly. 

I don't blame poor behaviour on mental health, I do blame it on paranoia and naivety though.

The fact you're still denying the fact you mocked my mental health (on more than one occasion) is worrying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mpache said:

@Staff when a topic is locked, that means you shouldn't post any further, it doesn't matter how much you want to fuel your blinded hate even further.

Grow the fuck up. I'm honestly sick of enemies.

Tbf you made a thread about how it’s very important we talk about mental health and how we need to treat each other better...

... when we have a mental health thread on here. So that’s probably the best place to discuss that without having a thread with a clickbaity title & have the issue more seriously discussed.

I don’t think anyone on here has mocked anyone else on here for having mental health issues. Mocking people’s behavior is a different thing entirely, imo. 

And, to reiterate... none of us in the staff think any of you are our enemies xD - it’s bizarrely hilarious I’ve even had to type that.

I truly sympathise with anyone suffering from mental health issues. Particularly when the issues have become debilitating - which I think a lot of people, myself included, have felt from time to time. Even if I haven’t opened up about them on here really.

I’m sure all of us have had to deal with at least one big issue in their life where they’ve felt their mental health get seriously impacted for the worse. And honestly, it’s statistically unlikely that anyone just has to deal with “just the one” mental health issue.

It’s good to open up, and people tried to ask you questions to elaborate more... you know, to talk and to help... and (to me at least) it looks you didn’t hear really what you were looking for and got a bit pissed off about that. Then @Tommy posted a reaction gif and low and behold another thread locked.

As far as I know, none of us are mental health professionals (but I could be wrong), so if you’ve got serious on the verge of being on a breakdown issues right now... I don’t know how much our good natured but also not the most serious bunch will actually help you at the end of the day. Especially if you’re not willing to open up to the point where when asked by other members of the community to ask difficult introspective questions that make you take a look at your own actions. Because that’s where all of the change is made - in your mind while looking at the issues from different angles.

It’s good your comfortable enough to open up. That’s always the first step in wanting to address whatever mental issue you might be facing. But the next step is being ready to be able to look at things from other perspectives, even ones you might not agree with or want to agree with.

Especially in the situation you described in that thread. That’s just my opinion though, and how I interpreted what happened there.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think anyone on here has mocked anyone else on here for having mental health issues. Mocking people’s behavior is a different thing entirely, imo. 

 

I appreciate your post, but this above is bollocks. Behaviour can be impacted by mental health. I was blamed for playing the "me me me" or attention seeking card, which IS a symptom of depression.

https://www.bridgestorecovery.com/blog/look-at-me-attention-seeking-behavior-as-a-symptom-of-psychological-distress/

Also caused by loneliness, which I do go through especially in these times.

Stop defending Tommy, he mocked my mental health and has done it again and again and again.

If you use racist slurs and then say "you took it out of context" does that make it OK?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I appreciate your post, but this above is bollocks. Behaviour can be impacted by mental health. I was blamed for playing the "me me me" or attention seeking card, which IS a symptom of depression.

https://www.bridgestorecovery.com/blog/look-at-me-attention-seeking-behavior-as-a-symptom-of-psychological-distress/

Also caused by loneliness, which I do go through especially in these times.

Stop defending Tommy, he mocked my mental health and has done it again and again and again.

If you use racist slurs and then say "you took it out of context" does that make it OK?

Behavior can be impacted by mental health, but saying “oh I’m going through a rough time” doesn’t excuse shitty behavior.

The last analogy doesn’t really work out because in the real world it’s more like using a racial slur... then blaming mental health issues.

Again, to my knowledge none of us are mental health professionals. We’re just people on a football forum.

As someone separated from my entire family, most of my closest friends... and as a human being living through a pandemic and me not wanting to accidentally kill anyone... I truly do understand and empathise with feeling lonely. As someone who’s struggled with anxiety, addiction and a whole lot of other internal demons I also can relate to feeling depressed from time to time.

It is hard to open up, I get that. And that whole sentiment of “we need to talk” is clearly a fairly popular one, as we’ve got a pretty long lasting thread where people have “talked about it” ... 

... but if you react badly to being asked to look introspectively, I guess I really just don’t understand what the hell you were expecting to happen. For instance @Cicero’s initial response is a good question to get you to look at it from the other perspective and you just brushed that off as though it was a complete waste of your time to, well, talk about it.

And I get it’s hard to keep opening up. But you have to realise it comes off as a bit disingenuous (at best) to sort of dismiss a decent follow up question about mental health.

TL;DR - here’s how that thread comes off as:

You: We need to talk

Other posters: Alright let’s talk

You: No, we don’t need to talk like this

@Tommy: lol

and here’s how this thread comes off as now:

You: you are my enemies, grow up!

Staff: don’t use mental health as an excuse for shit behavior

You: I don’t

Staff: It looks like you did

You: well my mental health excuses my behavior!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you’re seriously defending Tommy when he clearly mocked my mental health for like the 15th million time, then it’s best to ban me for the good of everyone. 

the fact mental health is seen as an “excuse” in any scenarios is why suicides continue to happen to a massive rate, and then people lament it for a day before doing their usual thing again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mpache said:

If you’re seriously defending Tommy when he clearly mocked my mental health for like the 15th million time, then it’s best to ban me for the good of everyone. 

the fact mental health is seen as an “excuse” in any scenarios is why suicides continue to happen to a massive rate, and then people lament it for a day before doing their usual thing again.

You're going to have to get over it bud. And use the ignore function if it makes it easier.

Having read through both these threads hours later I don't feel I've seen you mocked for your mental health situation. I saw an eye roll from Tommy which I'd attribute to a fatigue of having seen these types of threads created before that tend to end up locked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also think the best place to look for help probably isn't an Internet football forum. I 100% agree with @Dr. Gonzo that it's great you've had the confidence and ability to open up to us, but unless we truly know the issues you are facing with the whole context, and the fact we aren't MH professionals, means we probably can't give you the answers you want or need.

@Dr. Gonzo raised some good points in both posts and in both, you've gone straight in to the 'I can't believe you're defending @Tommy' viewpoint. Firstly not what he was doing and secondly, you've skipped over all the good stuff to focus on one other thing. 

Whether you like hearing it or not I think you should seek professional help as that seriously will be the best place for you to improve your MH and resolve the issues you have. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Mpache would have to use the ignore function on everybody on here if we were to go down that road. 
 

This is a football discussion board, we are here to talk about football. Nobody is your fucking enemy. You clearly have issues, as you admitted yourself, but your paranoia doesn’t mean it’s true what you are saying. To put it bluntly, nobody on here gives THAT much of a shit about another member to call them an enemy. 
 

You are now starting to completely excuse your terrible posting behaviour on your mental health. Like Gonzo said, we all go through shit times in life where we feel low, but it doesn’t excuse acting like a dickhead at times.
 

I really do think you need to seek more help for these issues if you are struggling though. Talking on here may be somewhat helpful to you as a way to let off steam, but we can’t exactly give you anything near to the proper help you need. Hopefully you get the help you need. 

Edited by Rick
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mpache said:

If you’re seriously defending Tommy when he clearly mocked my mental health for like the 15th million time

 

I didn't mock your mental health. I am very understanding of mental health issues. You talk about lacking empathy, yet you behave like a little entitled spoilt brat most of the time, and then complain if people call you out on it because they are tired of dealing with your shit. Where is YOUR empathy in that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Stan said:

I also think the best place to look for help probably isn't an Internet football forum. I 100% agree with @Dr. Gonzo that it's great you've had the confidence and ability to open up to us, but unless we truly know the issues you are facing with the whole context, and the fact we aren't MH professionals, means we probably can't give you the answers you want or need.

@Dr. Gonzo raised some good points in both posts and in both, you've gone straight in to the 'I can't believe you're defending @Tommy' viewpoint. Firstly not what he was doing and secondly, you've skipped over all the good stuff to focus on one other thing. 

Whether you like hearing it or not I think you should seek professional help as that seriously will be the best place for you to improve your MH and resolve the issues you have. 

Finally a good post which I agree with. 

However, it doesn't save the whole "mental health is an excuse" rhetoric which is the kind of comment that people say to manipulate an argument. Again, that just shows a lack of understanding. There is no proof you can present to me to show otherwise. It's a symptom of mental health, end of.

Anyways, I feel a bit better today. Needed a long nights sleep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t understand your position. You’ve taken me saying mental health is NOT an excuse for behaving like a dick. Then taken offense to that saying I’m saying mental health is just an excuse...

... and then saying some behaviors are excused because they’re a symptom of mental health.

So what, now you expect us to walk on eggshells when we post on here because you might be having a bad day?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t understand your position. You’ve taken me saying mental health is NOT an excuse for behaving like a dick. Then taken offense to that saying I’m saying mental health is just an excuse...

... and then saying some behaviors are excused because they’re a symptom of mental health.

So what, now you expect us to walk on eggshells when we post on here because you might be having a bad day?

Why do you think I behave "like a dick"?

When you have your mental health mocked, as tiring as it gets, what am I supposed to do? 

What I want is a bit more empathy when I make a post like that thread yesterday. The thread was fine until Tommy did his usual thing. Seriously, I get he's your friend but there's no defending what he did. He could be a racist and you'd still defend him. It's beyond a joke at this point.

I agree that I need real professional help, but letting off a bit of steam can happen and that IS a symptom of bad mental health.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Mpache said:

He could be a racist and you'd still defend him.

Why do you keep referring to racism? Also, I highly, highly doubt someone of Persian decent would be best mates with a racist, but hey, that holes getting deeper so might as well throw a few more claymores into it.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Why do you think I behave "like a dick"?

When you have your mental health mocked, as tiring as it gets, what am I supposed to do? 

What I want is a bit more empathy when I make a post like that thread yesterday. The thread was fine until Tommy did his usual thing. Seriously, I get he's your friend but there's no defending what he did. He could be a racist and you'd still defend him. It's beyond a joke at this point.

I agree that I need real professional help, but letting off a bit of steam can happen and that IS a symptom of bad mental health.

How were you not being a dick? You made a thread called “we need to talk” and when people genuinely tried to talk with you... you closed them out - requested the thread closed, then came on here to accuse the staff of being your enemies!

That’s a dick move, imo. How am I your enemy? I was working when all of this happened and logged on to see it after the fact. How is the mod that locked your thread, per your request an enemy? That doesn’t seem very enemy-y.

You’ve even been able to use this thread as a platform to get your say in. If we were enemies we’d just ban you and never have to deal with this shite again.

And yes, I do consider @Tommy a friend even though I’ve never met him in real life. And as I’ve said many times here on the forum, I genuinely think he’s one of the nicest people I’ve met on the internet.

But I wouldn’t be his friend if he was racist. Fortunately, he isn’t a racist so I don’t have to worry about that. Similarly if he mocked people for struggling through depression or anything like that, I wouldn’t be friends with him. And similarly, we don’t have to worry about that in this instance because he did not do that.

I don’t know what to tell you, tbh. Tommy’s a nice guy that I feel could get on with ANYBODY. It absolutely blows my mind you seem to have a massive vendetta against him. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How were you not being a dick? You made a thread called “we need to talk” and when people genuinely tried to talk with you... you closed them out - requested the thread closed, then came on here to accuse the staff of being your enemies!

Ok, no. I said I was doing something, and said I would "properly reply in a bit". I was being a dick to Tommy who was mocking my mental health. Don't even try to twist things. 

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You’ve even been able to use this thread as a platform to get your say in. If we were enemies we’d just ban you and never have to deal with this shite again.

I used this thread because the staff were trying to fuel their opinion even after it was locked. Which you shouldn't do. When it's locked, it means just leave it. God its not rocket science.

Regarding the racism comments, I am saying it's the same as mocking mental health. Racist comments encourage discrimination. Mocking mental health encourages suicide. Seriously, just admit you are all wrong and walk away. You're literally twisting arguments now to have your way.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

He didn’t mock your mental health though, you’re just grasping at straws because you don’t want to admit you’re wrong for some reason.

He did, you literally just said "people tried to talk with you". A gif of someone rolling his eyes isn't "someone trying to talk to me". Cicero, Machado were being genuine, Tommy wasn't. End of.

If Tommy said the N word, you would say he wasn't being racist. That's the point we've gotten to now. Stop denying it, it's pathetic. I showed a few people the conversation and they all agreed it was mocking my mental health.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again, stop focusing on what Tommy did and focus on the rest of the posts people made to try and help you. 

You recognised it in my post earlier and it's all you're speaking about now. 

I know it might not be easy but please try and get over it. You're deflecting away from all the issues at hand when you mention Tommy, staff posting in a thread, racism similarities etc... Either get to the point or let it go. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mpache said:

He did, you literally just said "people tried to talk with you". A gif of someone rolling his eyes isn't "someone trying to talk to me". Cicero, Machado were being genuine, Tommy wasn't. End of.

If Tommy said the N word, you would say he wasn't being racist. That's the point we've gotten to now. Stop denying it, it's pathetic. I showed a few people the conversation and they all agreed it was mocking my mental health.

He posted an eye roll reaction gif because a thread that was started under the guise of being a mental health thread (which we have already) looked like it was being started so it could be a pity party thread (which, by the way that sort of state of mind is not going to help with your mental state or anyone else’s).

It’s not rocket science.

xD that second paragraph is so fucking stupid I don’t know how to address it other than saying: 

Seriously, just admit you are all wrong and walk away. You're literally twisting arguments now to have your way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stan said:

Again, stop focusing on what Tommy did and focus on the rest of the posts people made to try and help you. 

You recognised it in my post earlier and it's all you're speaking about now. 

I know it might not be easy but please try and get over it. You're deflecting away from all the issues at hand when you mention Tommy, staff posting in a thread, racism similarities etc... Either get to the point or let it go. 

That's like discriminating a black person with 2 others trying to help and then being told to get over it.

I agreed with you because you made a genuine post to help and admitted you aren't MH experts.

However, that doesn't mean Tommy did not mock my mental health and you are indirectly admitting it. This is the only place in the world where you'd defend your friend in order to try and hide his mistakes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

That's like discriminating a black person with 2 others trying to help and then being told to get over it.

I agreed with you because you made a genuine post to help and admitted you aren't MH experts.

However, that doesn't mean Tommy did not mock my mental health and you are indirectly admitting it. This is the only place in the world where you'd defend your friend in order to try and hide his mistakes.

What do you want from us Brian? Like, what are you really looking for? Reassurance? Actual help? Actual professional advice? 

Get over what Tommy did or didn't do (not indirectly admitting anything). Stop deflecting from the real issue because it definitely isn't what someone says on a football forum. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He posted an eye roll reaction gif because a thread that was started under the guise of being a mental health thread (which we have already) looked like it was being started so it could be a pity party thread (which, by the way that sort of state of mind is not going to help with your mental state or anyone else’s).

It’s not rocket science.

No he didn't, and even if it was, that's still misunderstanding depression and mental health.

Tommy said this

Quote

That was my reaction because I knew it would eventually turn into another one of your "me me me me me me" topics. 

And I posted above how attention seeking is caused by mental disorder. Clear proof and you choose to ignore it to have your way.

Want to know why I wanted the thread locked? Because I regretted making that post, which clearly shows I wanted to let off steam and was frustrated, which has happened to me a million times before. I felt bad that I let my own mental health defeat me there, which is a symptom of me not doing so well.

The fact Tommy mocked it and Cicero/Machado who have mocked me many times before both wanted to help, tells you all you need to know.

Seriously, I've presented scientific proof, told you the difference between someone wanting to help and someone who is trying to be funny, and you still deny it. There is nothing you can do to convince me otherwise. Nothing. Give over, and don't try to cherry pick arguments to defend Tommy when he is clearly in the wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stan said:

What do you want from us Brian? Like, what are you really looking for? Reassurance? Actual help? Actual professional advice? 

Get over what Tommy did or didn't do (not indirectly admitting anything). Stop deflecting from the real issue because it definitely isn't what someone says on a football forum. 

I want Tommy to be reprimanded and want mocking mental health to be taken as seriously as racism, because they are just as bad as each other.

Tommy can poke fun at me if he wants, I don't really care. I only care if I post something whether it's in a mental health thread or a newly created one and he decides to post something to have a go at it. 

One thing is regular bullying which I'm going to have to learn to deal with, but when it comes to my mental health being mocked, that's a whole different ball game. Not that either is OK, but the latter is a much more serious and punishable issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...