talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

56 minutes ago, Danny said:

Anyone deleted social media apps off their phone? Had Twitter deleted for a month now and it’s a very good change of pace, the amount of arguments you’re open to seeing is ridiculous. Just a negative algorithm in general. 

Also deleted Facebook too, though it’s a lot easier curate your Facebook page as you can just delete/hide people whose political opinions you don’t want to see.

Don't use any of them at all despite my kids trying to badger me to 'get with the times' who the hell needs to hear their phone pinging every 15 seconds for notifications, likes and so forth.. I am old school and I enjoy old school things like peace and quiet... 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Don't use any of them at all despite my kids trying to badger me to 'get with the times' who the hell needs to hear their phone pinging every 15 seconds for notifications, likes and so forth.. I am old school and I enjoy old school things like peace and quiet... 

There is a benefit if you can keep it lighthearted, keep up with people, see family photos etc but in general it can be very addictive

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

There is a benefit if you can keep it lighthearted, keep up with people, see family photos etc but in general it can be very addictive

I won't knock that... just those platforms like Farcebook, Twit and all them are just not my cup of tea.. You have to wade through so much crap and nonsense just to get to hear or read something good or worthwhile that I just don't feel I would have spent my time wisely stuck staring into my phone for 10 hours a day like my kids... xD

Just now, Bluewolf said:

I won't knock that... just those platforms like Farcebook, Twit and all them are just not my cup of tea.. You have to wade through so much crap and nonsense just to get to hear or read something good or worthwhile that I just don't feel I would have spent my time wisely stuck staring into my phone for 10 hours a day like my kids... xD

One good thing with Facebook is that it's a lot easier to curate your feed by blocking/hiding people, Twitter you end up seeing tweets because someone you follow likes it. I've got to the point now with Twitter that I just create lists, I've got a football journalist list and essentially you click on the list and the entire feed just becomes their tweets and theirs only...football galore.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I remember the last time I went out with my work colleagues a few years ago. Never again xD Three of us had birthday at the same time, so we booked a few tables + some food and drinks at a bar for the total of 20-25 people, the majority of them being younger ones, in their early 20s. Bloody idiots spent 90% of the time staring at their phones and some were even sending messages to the people sitting at the other side of the table xD The next day everyone was talking about what a great evening out it was.... Fucking hell, what a bunch of boring twats xD

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

I remember the last time I went out with my work colleagues a few years ago. Never again xD Three of us had birthday at the same time, so we booked a few tables + some food and drinks at a bar for the total of 20-25 people, the majority of them being younger ones, in their early 20s. Bloody idiots spent 90% of the time staring at their phones and some were even sending messages to the people sitting at the other side of the table xD The next day everyone was talking about what a great evening out it was.... Fucking hell, what a bunch of boring twats xD

Exactly…. xD 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Danny said:

Anyone deleted social media apps off their phone? Had Twitter deleted for a month now and it’s a very good change of pace, the amount of arguments you’re open to seeing is ridiculous. Just a negative algorithm in general. 

Also deleted Facebook too, though it’s a lot easier curate your Facebook page as you can just delete/hide people whose political opinions you don’t want to see.

I have in the past when I’ve gone through certain things, but I’ve kept it during lockdown. I’ve had to delete a few Jim Broadbent's off my friends list though who post nothing but conspiracy shite all day every day.

Edited by JOSHBRFC

• Administrator

Nearly lost it in a Teams meeting today at work.

Too many people talking over each other and this one woman just fancied talking whenever she felt like it, even though other people were talking. Think I swore under my breath and my boss heard it xD 

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Stan said:

Nearly lost it in a Teams meeting today at work.

Too many people talking over each other and this one woman just fancied talking whenever she felt like it, even though other people were talking. Think I swore under my breath and my boss heard it xD 

That's one of my biggest hates and as I mentioned Piers Morgan is the biggest prick going for that, he couldn't interview a fucking horse without cutting in with every neigh, he should look at old clips of the likes of David Frost, Derek Norden and others in interviewing someone, he would see the proper way of interviewing.

Going back to your works bit I lost my cool once while training a security officer in my building before I retired, this guy kept cutting in when I was talking and kept ignoring my hand raised and saying "Stop cutting in please when I am talking...".

I lost the plot completely when he said "Sorry boss, ok..." and he started to pat me on the top of my head and I yelled "STOP PATTING ME ON MY HEAD...I'ME NOT A FUCKING DOG!!!!", that did shut him up and he apologised and believe it or not after training he became a great security officer and was a member of our security team for a long while.  

Spent most of the afternoon fitting a blind in my daughters bedroom and noticed my neighbour out doing the garden topless... took me a while to get the thing to fit and every time I looked out the window all I could see was two wobbly boobs on show... Just wish his wife was more into gardening than he is.. 

• Haha 3

Kind of on a downer at the moment, a teacher I really respected passed away a few days ago. The ol' codger had been dodging the coffin for several decades at least, especially with his fag and booze habit. The bloke must have ticked off every bucket list ever, or at the very least he was an extremely talented liar and could spin a yarn the size of a metre long spindle. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Spike said:

Kind of on a downer at the moment, a teacher I really respected passed away a few days ago. The ol' codger had been dodging the coffin for several decades at least, especially with his fag and booze habit. The bloke must have ticked off every bucket list ever, or at the very least he was an extremely talented liar and could spin a yarn the size of a metre long spindle. 

Sorry to hear that @Spike, it does hit you for six when someone you know passes away, it's 2 years this May since the old dear downstairs passed away with cancer and we had known her for over 14 years, it's strange because a young couple have bought her flat below us and you see them in the back garden and they have changed things around, when we would see old Evelyne in the back garden she would be filling the birds hanging feeder baskets and water bowls and pottering around, watering her bushes and flowers and the wife would natter away to her with her head stuck out our kitchen window above.

The young couple have rearranged the garden and the bird feeders and bowls are gone and the lawn has been replaced by gravel stoning and only a few bushes instead of flowers, looks kind of eerie when you see them in the back garden instead of old Evelyne. 

Won't be everyone's cup of tea I know, but for those that play or remotely care, I went for my first round of Golf in ages today and enjoyed every minute.

Course was in great nick and it made a refreshing change from the 'norm' of the last couple months.

20200515_131840.thumb.jpg.7ac6fe4238953d50748780e2d93b13bb.jpg20200515_103449.thumb.jpg.1c3f9acbf889b10f5584580344daa5d0.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lucas said:

Won't be everyone's cup of tea I know, but for those that play or remotely care, I went for my first round of Golf in ages today and enjoyed every minute.

Course was in great nick and it made a refreshing change from the 'norm' of the last couple months.

20200515_131840.thumb.jpg.7ac6fe4238953d50748780e2d93b13bb.jpg20200515_103449.thumb.jpg.1c3f9acbf889b10f5584580344daa5d0.jpg

I haven’t played golf enough the last few years to go out and enjoy it without spending a few hours at the driving range first....as it is that grass wouldn’t look so pretty

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

I haven’t played golf enough the last few years to go out and enjoy it without spending a few hours at the driving range first....as it is that grass wouldn’t look so pretty

I expected the worst today but played ok. The ground is so much harder so even when you scuff shots (which I did many times) it doesn't turn out to be such a bad shot.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Danny said:

I don't like watching golf on tv but I would love to play it, them pics look great.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Were there a lot of other people there or pretty empty @Lucas? Looks beautiful. Certainly made the most of the weather!

Not really no. People were playing but you had at least one hole gap to another group.

And they put sponge in the cups so you didn't have to reach down into the holes.

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

Not really no. People were playing but you had at least one hole gap to another group.

And they put sponge in the cups so you didn't have to reach down into the holes.

Yeah heard about that. And that they've done away with the rakes for bunkers and stuff like that. 

4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I don't like watching golf on tv but I would love to play it, them pics look great.

When playing it taps into apart of your brain you just don’t feel like you’re using when playing other sports...playing consistently makes it a better watch on the Tele cos you’re aware of what’s happening more and more