Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Off Topic


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sign up to remove this ad.
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fuck, I set myself up for an answer like that.

What's the real answer though?

Cashed up wankers will throw $80,000 at a watch that is worth $50. The only people I ever see wearing watches that aren't a typical cassio or whatever are noveau rich Arabs and South-Asians, or old money white people. At least around these parts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Cashed up wankers will throw $80,000 at a watch that is worth $50. The only people I ever see wearing watches that aren't a typical cassio or whatever are noveau rich Arabs and South-Asians, or old money white people. At least around these parts.

I thought about getting one before going to a wedding, but after looking at the prices I’m definitely not spending much on a watch at all.

Even shit like Casio & Timex seems well overpriced to me.

“Oooh it’s got lots of little gears and no batteries.” Fuck off like that makes it suddenly magically expensive

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I thought about getting one before going to a wedding, but after looking at the prices I’m definitely not spending much on a watch at all.

Even shit like Casio & Timex seems well overpriced to me.

“Oooh it’s got lots of little gears and no batteries.” Fuck off like that makes it suddenly magically expensive

I’ve still got my lorus from my 13th bday. Probably cost $100. One of my most treasured possessions. Wouldn’t ever spend lots of money on a watch (or sunglasses, another thing I don’t understand).

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why the fuck are watches so expensive?!

Watches have some fine craftsmanship which is why I think they were valuable ornaments in older times. They haven't phased out completely for some reason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I see that Anne Heche has passed away as a result of her car crash a few days ago... They said it was looking grim as she was in a coma and didn't expect her to survive... RIP

RIP... but she was definitely a bit of an arsehole drunk driving on cocaine like that. She almost killed the woman in the house she hit (and her pets)... and the resulting fire made her lose her home and most of her possessions.

Sad way to go for her, I think even if she did recover from the coma she had been burnt beyond recognition with severe burns. But... great example of why you shouldn't drink drive or do hard drugs and then drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

RIP... but she was definitely a bit of an arsehole drunk driving on cocaine like that. She almost killed the woman in the house she hit (and her pets)... and the resulting fire made her lose her home and most of her possessions.

Sad way to go for her, I think even if she did recover from the coma she had been burnt beyond recognition with severe burns. But... great example of why you shouldn't drink drive or do hard drugs and then drive.

Oh yea, don't excuse the reasons behind it, looking at the footage she was really going some in that car before she crashed it... They say it was not alcohol related but there were high levels of drugs present in her system... Either way it was lucky no-one else got killed looking at what happened..  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Oh yea, don't excuse the reasons behind it, looking at the footage she was really going some in that car before she crashed it... They say it was not alcohol related but there were high levels of drugs present in her system... Either way it was lucky no-one else got killed looking at what happened..  

I saw a report saying that she had alcohol, cocaine, and fentanyl (which was probably just in the cocaine she took... if it's true even) in her system. I saw another report say it was just large amounts of cocaine. I have no idea where the media gets their info from. But yeah, from that footage... really lucky nobody else got hurt. Another report says she went to a hairdresser who picked up a wig(?) - one interview with him says she smelled strongly of alcohol... another says he did not suspect drugs and/or alcohol.

Apparently the woman who almost died and her pets are all relatively okay, which is decent news considering how bad it was for Anne Heche. I guess it's different though reacting to something crashing into your house at high speed and the resulting fire than... being in the thing crashing into your house at high speed and bursting into flames.

It's one of those things though where I feel really bad for her and her family/friends... but I also think "wow what a shitty and selfish way to accidentally kill yourself - thankfully nobody else was hurt."

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's the wife's Birthday today, got her a card over a week ago and hid it in the back room, I bought her a ring 2 weeks ago so she was happy with that, and wore it last night around our daughter's for a ladies only Birthday bash.

Handed her a Birthday card with a big smile on my face, she opened it up, read it then looked at me and said "Happy Anniversary dear? it's my bloody Birthday" and then she burst out laughing. O.o

I will be legging it up the road after to get her e BIRTHDAY CARD!!!!. :shutup: :eek:

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

It's the wife's Birthday today, got her a card over a week ago and hid it in the back room, I bought her a ring 2 weeks ago so she was happy with that, and wore it last night around our daughter's for a ladies only Birthday bash.

Handed her a Birthday card with a big smile on my face, she opened it up, read it then looked at me and said "Happy Anniversary dear? it's my bloody Birthday" and then she burst out laughing. O.o

I will be legging it up the road after to get her e BIRTHDAY CARD!!!!. :shutup: :eek:

Brilliant that hahahaha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beautiful presents arrived for the wife from our daughter & wee Kaiden, Kaiden sent her a plaque for the kitchen and Denise sent her a butterfly ornament.  

Kaiden said she has to hang the plaque up in the kitchen and when she makes him his favorite macaroni with cheese sauce she can look at it and then blow kisses. xD 

A.png

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy India Independence Day to all my Indian brothers on here :D 

Been watching a few programmes about it and the events of August 1947 and while it's an occasion which marked a milestone for the country, the involvement (or distinct and cowardly lack of) of the British government is astounding. Lord Mountbatten has the blood of millions of citizens on his hands. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Stan said:

Happy India Independence Day to all my Indian brothers on here :D 

Been watching a few programmes about it and the events of August 1947 and while it's an occasion which marked a milestone for the country, the involvement (or distinct and cowardly lack of) of the British government is astounding. Lord Mountbatten has the blood of millions of citizens on his hands. 

Don't you support the England football team?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

@Stan Is there any way we can get all the games under the same banner as the prediction league?? 

Just a thought, You know like Last Man Standing, Place Your Bet etc.. etc.. keep them all together?

Yeah I can work on it.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Bluewolf - have a look now in Other Football section. I can separate them out even more, or just keep it as it is there now as a 'Mini Games' sub-section...?

That's great but I would prefer them in the drop down menu at the top... B| Some weeks I end up missing them and it's annoying.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That's great but I would prefer them in the drop down menu at the top... B| Some weeks I end up missing them and it's annoying.. 

Try now :). I've kept it as Mini Games. 

Separating them out is a possibility but may make the list look quite long...?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...