talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Spike said:

Work has been good lately. Been learning new skills as a cellar worker.

Sounds like you've hit rock bottom?! 

(good to hear, in all seriousness!) 

On 09/02/2023 at 03:14, CaaC (John) said:

Edit: It don't add up, it says his last post was on January 25th 

download.png

The last time he posted was during the world cup. The 25th Jan is when he last logged in, so that could have been the person who made the comment on his account saying that he had died.

This was his last post according to his profile:-

6th December.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Confused 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

This was his last post according to his profile:-

The only way, really, of finding out if anyone knows of his email address and trying to email there IF he has passed away surely someone would be checking his emails. 

• Subscriber

This was posted as 'a question on my 5th grade brothers exam'. 

This took me way longer then Id like to admit to figure out...now I understand why the show "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader" exists....

1xbjsyqf47ia1.jpg

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

This took me way longer then Id like to admit to figure out...now I understand why the show "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader" exists....

1xbjsyqf47ia1.jpg

monkey-look-the-other-way.gif

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

1xbjsyqf47ia1.jpg

I've got a bad head 😂

• Subscriber

Yeah, I think part of it is most of us are too far removed from solving simple problems.

Once you see it its actually fairly straight forward, hence I felt dumb xD

My first thought was theres information missing here xD... no, no there is not.

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber

Ok heres how I got it:

When I finally figured out what the information we're given is it works out fairly easily. 

30 Pages + 1/8 + 1/4 is what we know the total number of pages is because thats what you're given and you know the book was finished.

Basically working backwards it means the 30 pages has to make up 5/8. because 1/8 + 1/4 is 3/8's. From that you figure out the basic math and the remainder is 18 pages for a total of 48 pages in the book.

Im sure theres a way to work this as an equation but im dumb so this is what I got :twothumbsup: 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ok heres how I got it:

Hide contents

When I finally figured out what the information we're given is it works out fairly easily. 

30 Pages + 1/8 + 1/4 is what we know the total number of pages is because thats what you're given and you know the book was finished.

Basically working backwards it means the 30 pages has to make up 5/8. because 1/8 + 1/4 is 3/8's. From that you figure out the basic math and the remainder is 18 pages for a total of 48 pages in the book.

Im sure theres a way to work this as an equation but im dumb so this is what I got :twothumbsup: 

My mental process was essentially the same, converting it into an equation just makes it faster...

Spoiler

if x is total pages, then:

x = 30 + 1/8x + 1/4x
x = 30 + 3/8x
x - 3/8x = 30
5/8x = 30
x = 48

• Like 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

My mental process was essentially the same, converting it into an equation just makes it faster...

Reveal hidden contents

My brain doesnt put things into an equation like that but as you lay it out that definitely makes more sense. 

Funny enough my mom gave me my highschool transcript the other day... was a blast from the past but the one glaring thing was a reminder that I took grade 11 math twice and settled for what we called math "essentials" - dumbed down math but gives you a passing grade. We did stuff like tax forms instead of quadratic equations for example xD

Math was definitely not my forte. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

My brain doesnt put things into an equation like that but as you lay it out that definitely makes more sense. 

Funny enough my mom gave me my highschool transcript the other day... was a blast from the past but the one glaring thing was a reminder that I took grade 11 math twice and settled for what we called math "essentials" - dumbed down math but gives you a passing grade. We did stuff like tax forms instead of quadratic equations for example xD

Math was definitely not my forte. 

Well, you could definitely say that doing tax forms is by far more useful for the general population compared to quadratic equations, so the joke's on them! xD 

Personally, I like and also prefer using equations in problem solving. I absolutely adored the logic course at the uni with the truth tables etc. for that reason alone :D I like the efficiency and clearly defined parameters.

• Upvote 1