• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Garth Crooks' Team of the Week

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

So Jagielka finally gets into the team of the week, it's only taken three goals in three games to get him there. Funnily enough it was Phil's poorest game of the lot but what can you expect from the utter melt that is calling the shots. 

Jesus Navas at RB and Marcos Rojo on the left - not sure what's going on there. In similar fashion you've got goal machine Son shoved onto the left-wing to accommodate the Arnautovic. Just what the fucking is going on? 

Genuinely baffles me how this tosser has got a job with the BBC. His teams and opinions are riddled with errors every week.

Navas has been playing at RB to be fair. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

There's still another match tonight...

Don't worry, he never includes Monday night games. In keeping with his own flawed logic sometimes, Monday night games don't count xD

Mr. Crooks on Tammy Abraham yesterday

"I first noticed this lad in the Under-21 European Championships in the summer. He was impressive during that tournament but I didn't think he was ready for first-team Premier League action. "

Obviously the Championship does not exist in Garth's mind, missing out on Tammy's 20+ goal season with Bristol City.  Shocking Mr. Crooks  :ay:

2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Mr. Crooks on Tammy Abraham yesterday

"I first noticed this lad in the Under-21 European Championships in the summer. He was impressive during that tournament but I didn't think he was ready for first-team Premier League action. "

Obviously the Championship does not exist in Garth's mind, missing out on Tammy's 20+ goal season with Bristol City.  Shocking Mr. Crooks  :ay:

As well as calling him impressive. Abraham was crap in the U21 tournament. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Garth Crooks team of the week

Courtois xDxDxD 

Gives away a penalty and doesn't have anything to do all match apart from one save. Crooks acknowledges that but he makes it out like he had save after save in a 'goal-fest' xD

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

With Chelsea relieved of European duty this season, having failed to qualify, Makelele said the absence of a tougher schedule had benefited Kante's energetic displays and that next season will be different.

“This season he did not play in the Champions League. Every four days there will be games. With the national team there will be games. There will be a lot of games. He needs to get that experience,” he said.

“When he is at that level, he will not run 90 minutes all the time. He will need to listen to the rhythm, the way he plays. This will be key for him. I hope this will be the situation. I hope he does better than I did in my career.”

all he has is stamina, far from being a complete midfielder like Pogba.

He also has two league titles and a player of the season accolade. :coffee:

The Mak is right though. But unlike with Matic where Kante had to do the work of two people, he has a complementary player in Bakayoko that matches Kante's dynamism in midfield. 

Lampard---Kante

Makelele

What a midfield trio that would of been 

When did I say I agreed with it?

Andre Carrillo played alright but nowhere near his prime. You're just putting words into my mouth now. Not like I expect less of you.

Edit: A better question is how the hell you manage to mess up his name and call him Garth Brooks? (TWICE!!!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

That's Stans team I'm pretty sure xD

it's really not.

i've seen no football this weekend apart from Southampton v Newcastle  due to being In Wales.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived