football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 12.30

Live on BT Sport

1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png       VS     1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
29/05/2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea (CL)
08/05/2021 - Man City 1-2 Chelsea
17/04/2021 - Chelsea 1-0 Man City (FA Cup)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Tuchel will go prime Mourinho here with a "We cannot lose" mindset. With none of our attackers, bar Lukaku, really up to speed, think we will favor a midfield heavy team considering Kante, Kovacic, and Jorginho have been excellent. A win here could set things up nicely for us given our easy run of fixtures coming up. 

Mendy

Christensen Silva Rudiger

Azpilicueta Kante Jorginho Kovacic Alonso

Lukaku Havertz

• Subscriber

Feel like City are due a win over Chelsea.

Have a question. Who would from Peps City team which got the points total record vs Joses Chelsea side in his first spell. The team with Drogba, Essien and co.

Chelsea have been a tough nut to crack recently and we have a mini injury crisis, not confident would take a point now :4_joy: .. these are the games you need a world class striker like Aguero for, instead we will have a winger upfront or maybe even Foden ..6 out, Gundogan, Rodrigo, Laporte, Stones, Zinc (yay) & Mendy :ph34r: ..think the team will be like this on less Pep goes crazy again! :52_fearful:

Ederson

Walker - Dias - Ake - Cancelo

De Bruyne - Fernandinho - Bernardo

Mahrez - Torres - Greelish

BENCH:-Steffen, EDS?, EDS?, Palmer, Foden, Sterling, Jesus

You would think given our form and City's hit and miss form that we are ideally set up to take the points especially playing at home but I would be surprised if we could beat you again, I fully expect City to be well up for this and it could be one of those games where we implode or something silly as we do have them from time to time.. Games like this and Liverpool are the games where I expect us to drop points so hoping for the win obviously but think this will be a draw.. 

Worse case we lose but then go on to have a few games where we could make that ground up so let's see what happens.. Need another really solid display to take all the points... 

4 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

You would think given our form and City's hit and miss form that we are ideally set up to take the points especially playing at home but I would be surprised if we could beat you again, I fully expect City to be well up for this and it could be one of those games where we implode or something silly as we do have them from time to time.. Games like this and Liverpool are the games where I expect us to drop points so hoping for the win obviously but think this will be a draw.. 

Worse case we lose but then go on to have a few games where we could make that ground up so let's see what happens.. Need another really solid display to take all the points... 

I don't trust Ake, Laporte would of been a better option and Fernandinho has looked over the hill recently so Gundogan & Rodrigo missing too could prove costly and the lack of a striker

Rodrigo and Laporte play injured, bit risky and a smack in the face to Fernadinho & Ake

Todays team, bit surprising with Foden playing deeper and no Mahrez in the starting line up, 2 EDS players on the bench, Jesus gets the nod over Torres. most this team has just got over an injury or still not 100% :52_fearful:  ..maybe Foden is playing on the right and Bernardo deeper :35_thinking:

Ederson

Walker - Dias - Laporte - Cancelo

De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Foden

Bernardo - Jesus - Greelish

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Rodrigo and Laporte play injured, bit risky and a smack in the face to Fernadinho & Ake

Todays team, bit surprising with Foden playing deeper and no Mahrez in the starting line up, 2 EDS players on the bench, Jesus gets the nod over Torres. most this team has just got over an injury or still not 100% :52_fearful:  ..maybe Foden is playing on the right and Bernardo deeper :35_thinking:

Ederson

Walker - Dias - Laporte - Cancelo

De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Foden

Bernardo - Jesus - Greelish

Ake against Lukaku is asking for trouble though. Always seems to be an error in him and Lukaku would run rings around him. 

• Administrator

As good as this defensive Chelsea set up has been, if a team like Southampton or Newcastle set up this defensively they'd be criticised for it and 'not having a go at City'. Why is it different for Chelsea...? 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

As good as this defensive Chelsea set up has been, if a team like Southampton or Newcastle set up this defensively they'd be criticised for it and 'not having a go at City'. Why is it different for Chelsea...? 

:4_joy: just posted the same thing 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Especially odd when you think that Newcastle are well set up to counter with St Maximin, and Chelsea have the second fattest striker in their history (behind Higuain) and turbo timo. The man who gives the ball away at turbo speed!

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

This. Playing like this with the players available is a bit poor from Chelsea. It may end up being effective, but the quality in their first 11 matches this City team so I think it’s a bit cowardly. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

This. Playing like this with the players available is a bit poor from Chelsea. It may end up being effective, but the quality in their first 11 matches this City team so I think it’s a bit cowardly. 

You can see from that 45mins they are nowhere near our level as a team, they cant even get the ball off us

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

I guess it is the charisma of Tommy Tuchel they expect he has an ace up his sleeve. Not pleasant viewing though for CFC fans.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 0-1 Man City - Saturday 25th September, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived