• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brentford 3-3 Liverpool - Saturday 25th September, 2021

football forum

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

I expect a loss tbh, Liverpool are one of those sides that are just phenomenally good. Almost feel like a big loss is coming even though our performances haven’t suggested it, just feel it for this game.

I expect us to win, but I expect you to make us work very hard if we want to leave your stadium with 3 points. You may have been just promoted... but you don't look like a side that's overawed by playing in the top flight (like Norwich) and I think mentality goes a long way towards success at the top level. We may have more quality overall, but you're still a good side that's playing well and you look like you've got the right mentality to be a tough opponent to even the strongest sides in the league.

Tiago and Keita out injured for this one, but we should have Trent back at right back (which is massive for us, tbh) and Firmino is in contention to play.

• Subscriber

Complacency comes into play here. Liverpool need to make sure, as they have done on many an occasion, that they don't underestimate the opposition. They need to treat it like a 'must win' game rather than a game they feel they should be easily winning.

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

Complacency comes into play here. Liverpool need to make sure, as they have done on many an occasion, that they don't underestimate the opposition. They need to treat it like a 'must win' game rather than a game they feel they should be easily winning.

There’s no chance in hell we will be underestimating Brentford. 

Just now, Rick said:

And people wonder why players dive. Mbeumo caught by Trent there and it should be a pen. Glad it wasn’t but he’s only got away with it because the player got straight up. 

Would have been one of the softest penalties ever, I think the new rules are meant to discourage people staying down for the soft challenges - so I think that indicates a rule change is actually working?

Last year VAR would have given that as a pen all day long but last season was mental with penalties imo.

• Subscriber

Not as one sided as everyone predicted at the start really. This Brentford side are pushing up fast and its caused VVD and Matip to really be on their toes. Having Mane track has been a blessing really because hes nullified attacks on two occasions now. Think we will win this but it wont come easy.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Not as one sided as everyone predicted at the start really. This Brentford side are pushing up fast and its caused VVD and Matip to really be on their toes. Having Mane track has been a blessing really because hes nullified attacks on two occasions now. Think we will win this but it wont come easy.

Were people predicting a one sided game? I wouldn't have thought so, Brentford seem to be pretty broadly respected and anyone who thought they'd be pushovers before the season shouldn't still think so if they've been paying any attention.

• Subscriber
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Were people predicting a one sided game? I wouldn't have thought so, Brentford seem to be pretty broadly respected and anyone who thought they'd be pushovers before the season shouldn't still think so if they've been paying any attention.

I was listening to the pre-match and the commentators were saying Liverpool would have too much for them. I didn't think they'd have rolled over after watching their game against Arsenal. 

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Think Liverpool will steamroll them this second half. 

• The title was changed to Brentford 3-3 Liverpool - Saturday 25th September, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived