• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brentford 3-3 Liverpool - Saturday 25th September, 2021

football forum

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Great match that even if it ended in a draw. Glad we didn't lose. Definitely a lost opportunity to get some space between us and other teams but we only have ourselves to blame with that kind of defensive performance.

Brentford's football is very effective at this level. It's quite basic but they do the simple things right.

And when they put the ball in the box, it causes carnage because of the physicality they have, you've seen it really unsettle's teams and it did with Liverpool tonight.

Van Dijk look absolutely rattled by Toney.

Great game, I wouldn't begrudge Brentford a point, for all the good in Liverpool's attacking play, they were terrible defensively whilst Brentford's graft and endeavor was great to see.

Just now, Rick said:

Fucking two points thrown away there. Defence absolutely shafted us. So annoyed we didn’t take advantage of the teams around us dropping points. 

Credit to Brentford though, it says something that we can have so much possession yet they were able to cause so many problems. Although I definitely think our defenders were pretty complacent throughout the match.

Just now, Lucas said:

Brentford's football is very effective at this level.

Not as attractive as some but they do the simple things right. And when they put the ball in the box, it causes carnage because of the physicality they have and it really unsettle's teams.

Van Dijk look absolutely rattled by Toney.

Virgil & Matip both looked like boys against Toney. They were dreadful at the back. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Credit to Brentford though, it says something that we can have so much possession yet they were able to cause so many problems. Although I definitely think our defenders were pretty complacent throughout the match.

Oh of course, Brentford were very effective. I like them and I expect them to stay up comfortably. 

My opinion might change a bit when I watch the game back later, but Liverpool’s defence was shambolic. Not that they conceded 3 goals, but the manner of it, fell apart every time.

Watching Rico Henry absolutely burn Salah for pace was a personal highlight, I’ve missed seeing his defensive recoveries in person.

Its like Brentford have basically looked all of the types of goals that newly promoted teams usually rely on, to compete with the big dogs, and then built a team and a system that executes those types of plays as well as possible.

For example, the balls to the back post are always good, they try them constantly, and there's always an overload there.

32 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We were never going to challenge you for possession or we’d concede goals like Leeds do, but Toney is a unit and technically sound, Mbeumo, Henry and Canos are all really good dribblers of the ball and can put a cross or through ball in. If you have the physicality then use it, cos that combined with a solid technical ability is a certified way to succeed in this league.

• The title was changed to Brentford 3-3 Liverpool - Saturday 25th September, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived