talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brentford 3-3 Liverpool - Saturday 25th September, 2021

football forum

One thing I’ll say for Liverpool is I don’t think at this point in the season there is a stand out PL winner. Liverpool can win the league with the odd game like tonight cos City don’t have a certified striker, United have Ole in charge and Chelsea just don’t look like the team their spending suggests they should be.

Feels like an 80-90 point season rather than 90-100 points.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the talk will be Liverpool dropping points.. after Chelsea & Man United had done.. But Brentford are the story for me. They continue onwards it seems. Fair play to them. A few years back Dean Smith left. He took Watkins & Konsa with him. Benrahma went to West Ham.

And yet here they are.. after 6 games, in the Premier League, only lost 1 & in the top half. Who knows where they'll finish.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

We were never going to challenge you for possession or we’d concede goals like Leeds do, but Toney is a unit and technically sound, Mbeumo, Henry and Canos are all really good dribblers of the ball and can put a cross or through ball in. If you have the physicality then use it, cos that combined with a solid technical ability is a certified way to succeed in this league.

Toney and Mbeumo looked immense tbh. Also good to see Sergi Canos look like he really belongs in the top flight - never saw much of him while he was with us. I think he had just one performance. But he looks like a solid player.

I like Brentford though, most clubs when they decide to just let us dominate possession like that don’t ever look so good at unsettling us. But in this match possession didn’t matter, you had a way of being a constant threat throughout the 90.

Making Matip and Virgil look dogshit isn’t easy, but you did. Poor Trent was 3v1 so many times at the back post. Credit to your manager, he found a tactical weakness in our system and exploited the fuck out of it.

• Administrator

Looking forward to the highlights of this game. Sounds like a cracker. Brentford are a great addition to this league. Much better than the likes of West Brom and Bournemouth. 

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Toney and Mbeumo looked immense tbh. Also good to see Sergi Canos look like he really belongs in the top flight - never saw much of him while he was with us. I think he had just one performance. But he looks like a solid player.

I like Brentford though, most clubs when they decide to just let us dominate possession like that don’t ever look so good at unsettling us. But in this match possession didn’t matter, you had a way of being a constant threat throughout the 90.

Making Matip and Virgil look dogshit isn’t easy, but you did. Poor Trent was 3v1 so many times at the back post. Credit to your manager, he found a tactical weakness in our system and exploited the fuck out of it.

Sergi is really growing into the season, of course it helped that we played with a low block as it meant he had less chance to give you an opportunity to exploit him. But the first goal was quality, the short free kick, pass to him towards the byline, Toney’s flick on.

From my position in the stadium I couldn’t really tell we were purposely overloading Trent, so after seeing that I think he was less shit than I initially thought he was last night. One thing I’d say, and it goes down to the atmosphere comment below, is the fans were all over this game and I think it helped push the team on to win most 50/50s because when it came to a duel or a 50/50 challenge you didn’t look up to it, looked really vulnerable at times and very un-Liverpool. To an extent we done to you what you and Anfield do to oppo sides in Europe...to an extent obviously.

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just watched highlights. Was not disappointed. Fans sounded amazing too. 

The atmosphere was electric, Ajer’s goal line clearance was celebrated like we scored a goal.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Looking forward to the highlights of this game. Sounds like a cracker. Brentford are a great addition to this league. Much better than the likes of West Brom and Bournemouth. 

Managers & their tactics can be important.

But I think the psyche of a club is at least as important.

Norwich, West Brom, Bournemouth, Fulham, etc, etc.. it so often seems to be purely, can they stay up? From within the club.

Brentfords squad seems to be on a mission to disprove former clubs, coaches, scouts, etc.

• The title was changed to Brentford 3-3 Liverpool - Saturday 25th September, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

One thing that's gone relatively unnoticed with Brentford is the impact the fans have had. When you come up to this divison it's more important than ever to get behind your team and they have turned a new stadium with no history of fans being present in to a place that teams are going to hate going too. Some of the more established teams in this dividon that have moved grounds in the last 20 years and spent the opening years groaning about it could learn a thing or two.

Archived