talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 3-1 Tottenham - Sunday 26th September, 2021

football forum

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is surely on Harry Kane & the chairman as much as Nuno. His Wolves tactics can't be that incompatible.

The brave call would have been sell & replace.

It's what I'd have reluctantly done. Through gritted teeth & steam coming out my ears.

They now have a star man who thinks the grass is greener up north. Which was Plan A for so many failed managers in TV studios.

This is the almost inevitable outcome.

I feel sorry for Nuno, because he'll be back to lesser fancied mid table seeking suitors soon enough now.

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

As bad as Spurs have been, Arsenal have put them to the sword. Their forward play has been excellent. Smith-Rowe is some player. 

I was saying to my partner every time they go forward with the ball they look like scoring as Saka was running in to the area for the third. The game plan has been executed to perfection 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I was saying to my partner every time they go forward with the ball they look like scoring as Saka was running in to the area for the third. The game plan has been executed to perfection 

They just have more hunger and tempo and desire to win this game, this derby. Spurs haven't turned up and it just looks like the players haven't played with each other again. There's no clear plan or purpose with their play. 

• The title was changed to Arsenal 3-0 Tottenham - Sunday 26th September, 2021

One thing I suppose you could say about Nuno is that at Wolves he had a lot of players tailor made to his style of play, you look at Spurs' midfield and you think how many of them would have done a better job for Nuno than Neves or Moutinho? And then you have Kane who isn't up to his previous form...and he had Jimenez. If Spurs are to do anything with Nuno it's a 2-3 year project, but do you really want to persist with this type of football?

Just now, Cicero said:

All goes back to my point this time last year when many thought Mourinho would lead them to the title after their bright start. This type of football is not sustainable. What does Levy do? Take a sideways step in manager replacement. 

Out of the Candidates he should have went in on Potter, a progressive thinking manager. Potter would be stupid to take the job now. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Loving it to an extent because he doesn't want Santo at the club. 

Yea, I think I remember him mentioning something along those lines after one of their European games... Spurs players are just not up for it, no fight, no passion? 

• Administrator

Also, a lot will be said about Arsenal's front players (and rightly so) but Tomiyasu has had a fab game keeping Son quiet and playing it forward. Arsenal look to have signed a decent player there. 

• Administrator

Never a penalty. Don't think there was that much contact and would have been quite soft had that been overturned. 

Reguilon with his theatrics totally ignored was good to see. 

33 minutes ago, Machado said:

He is not fit for the job. Jorge Mendes plant who got lucky with the players he had at Wolves.

Always said this when he was at Wolves and had the likes of Neves in the Championship. Got gift wrapped quality players and now he's being found out without having those players provided for him. 

• The title was changed to Arsenal 3-1 Tottenham - Sunday 26th September, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived