talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 1-1 Brighton - Monday 27th September, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00

Live on Sky Sports

821px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png       VS     1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p

Last 3 Meetings
22/02/2021 - Brighton 1-2 Crystal Palace
18/10/2020 - Crystal Palace 1-1 Brighton
29/02/2020 - Brighton 0-1 Crystal Palace

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be quite an interesting game this. The xG dorks have finally recognised that good statistics don't win football matches and are playing a more effective style of football. Whilst we have adopted a more forward thinking approach. The last four meetings have been us effectively sitting back knowing Brighton will squander chances whilst this match should be different.

56 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It should be quite an interesting game this. The xG dorks have finally recognised that good statistics don't win football matches and are playing a more effective style of football. Whilst we have adopted a more forward thinking approach. The last four meetings have been us effectively sitting back knowing Brighton will squander chances whilst this match should be different.

You realise xG is the creation of chances, not a style of football?

Little known fact. XG is a misused stat. Many people believe it means 'expected goals' the number of goals a team should score per 90. However, what it's really used for is a metric of measurement for wankers. The more you use the term XG unironically around football matches, the more of a wanker you are. 

6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Little known fact. XG is a misused stat. Many people believe it means 'expected goals' the number of goals a team should score per 90. However, what it's really used for is a metric of measurement for wankers. The more you use the term XG unironically around football matches, the more of a wanker you are. 

Brighton fans accepted this in August of 2021.

• Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

You talking about the Cucurella push? I thought it was given against Trossard? 

Yeah, not sure what it was given for. Seeing HT highlights and got it on mute. 

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Knew that Ayew miss would cost us.

I know he’s a workhorse but is he good for anything else but running? Any time I’ve tuned into a palace game he looks like he’s very busy doing fuck all. 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

I know he’s a workhorse but is he good for anything else but running? Any time I’ve tuned into a palace game he looks like he’s very busy doing fuck all. 

Against a team like Liverpool he's a lock in because of the support he offers Joel Ward.

In games like this though you'd rather Michael Olise be fit.

Still, he cost 2m and he's given us 4 PL seasons so it's hard to be angry with him.

I think in January we will cancel Mateta's loan, sign another right midfielder and use Ayew as a third choice striker. He's better down the middle when he's only got to focus in that small area of the pitch.

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 1-1 Brighton - Monday 27th September, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived