F1 2021 - Turkish GP - 8-10th October

football forum

• The title was changed to F1 2021 - Turkish GP - 8-10th October
  • The topic was pinned
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

It feels like every race this year has been a banger. This one should be good as well. Feels like a Red Bull circuit but with all the crashes and rain recently it's hard to gauge the current performance levels. To be honest I don't think that there's much between the two cars anymore. Red Bull have a marginal advantage in downforce and Mercedes have a marginally better engine.

Just read this lol

The one good thing about Lando losing was seeing the closet Hamilton hater Paul Di-Resta fuming. He'd been taking pot shots at Lewis for the entire race and was clearly inconsolable when the object of his hate sailed across the finishing line to get 100 wins.

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

That's why he tried this stunt when he realized that Lewis is more than his equal. 

I remember Ron Dennis being furious and heading straight to Fernando's engineer. 

Very costly for both, as they both lost the title by a point.

Oh Kimi.

Mercedes are thinking of taking a new engine for LEwis in Turkey. In my opinion USA would be a better bet as you can overtake. Also good news, Saturday and Sunday will have rain in Turkey. 

• Subscriber

Overtaking isn't too difficult in Turkey to be honest, especially if you have DRS down from turn 9/10 through the kinked straight into the final three corners. It's one of those DRS zones that they never manage to get right and the attacking car ends up so far ahead before they're anywhere near the braking zone that the car they've overtaken gives up in time to tuck in behind and take the racing line. And if it's wet, Lewis will probably make up 10 places in the first lap anyway going off how mental this circuit was with the new surface combined with rain last year.

I don't know if I want rain or not, I feel like we could do with a couple of less chaotic races just to get the measure of where the car performance is and who will need to do what in the final stretch of races to secure the title. I won't complain if we get another banger though and it gives someone like Norris or Sainz or Gasly or Vettel another pop at a win or podium.

24 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Overtaking isn't too difficult in Turkey to be honest, especially if you have DRS down from turn 9/10 through the kinked straight into the final three corners. It's one of those DRS zones that they never manage to get right and the attacking car ends up so far ahead before they're anywhere near the braking zone that the car they've overtaken gives up in time to tuck in behind and take the racing line. And if it's wet, Lewis will probably make up 10 places in the first lap anyway going off how mental this circuit was with the new surface combined with rain last year.

I don't know if I want rain or not, I feel like we could do with a couple of less chaotic races just to get the measure of where the car performance is and who will need to do what in the final stretch of races to secure the title. I won't complain if we get another banger though and it gives someone like Norris or Sainz or Gasly or Vettel another pop at a win or podium.

Overtaking isn't too difficult but I feel that USA is a safer choice. I hope it's not heavy rain where qualy and the race get delayed.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Overtaking isn't too difficult but I feel that USA is a safer choice. I hope it's not heavy rain where qualy and the race get delayed.

USA has a pretty strong DRS zone but it is possible to defend into the braking zone. Also USA has more of a tendency to be a normal/boring race whereas it's not uncommon for half a dozen drivers to have some sort of drama in Turkey. I'd rather start from the back of the grid at Istanbul than COTA if it was me.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

USA has a pretty strong DRS zone but it is possible to defend into the braking zone. Also USA has more of a tendency to be a normal/boring race whereas it's not uncommon for half a dozen drivers to have some sort of drama in Turkey. I'd rather start from the back of the grid at Istanbul than COTA if it was me.

The USA DRS zone is really long which may help Lewis. Even so USA has loads of overtakes per race. You're right, nothing much happens action wise. If it does snow this weekend then the race could be chaos.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived