talkfootball365

Group E - Matchday 2 - Wednesday 29th September, 2021

football forum

Congrats @Machado - by far the best result out of all the big Portuguese clubs this week! Also while Porto have a player I really like in Taremi... Benfica will always be my favourite Portuguese side... so happy to see them get a resounding win over Barca.

Even if it's a shadow of the Barca we're all used to seeing.

Jorge Jesus is a great coach. His first year back at Benfica was tough, but season 2 has been much better. 

And it's good to see that Lucas Veríssimo is doing well in european football. Very good defender.

Edited by El Profesor

Our fans chanting "Messi" was amusing ngl 😳

Rafa having the game of his life against an apathetic Barca side explains this result.

I'm still not at all confident in our chances to make it far in the competition. Last 16 should be it. Our forwards' decision making is so, so poor. Barcelona somehow made Darwin look decent.

The best thing about the result is the confidence boost it gives us for the rest of the season. I believe we won the league today.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Jorge Jesus is a great coach. His first year back at Benfica was tough, but season 2 has been much better. 

And it's good to see that Veríssimo is doing well in european football. Very good defender.

Verissimo and Otamendi were both tremendous. Jorge Jesus is certainly winning the fans over again (including myself), the prick. 😆

• Haha 2

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Try telling that to 3rd and 4th :ph34r:

xD oops didn't word that too great 

3rd place can still win the EL though. It's only last in the groups (currently Barca lol) that's just sent home with nothing to show for.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

xD oops didn't word that too great 

3rd place can still win the EL though. It's only last in the groups (currently Barca lol) that's just sent home with nothing to show for.

I thought with the introduction of the conference league, the third placed champions league teams no longer get “relegated “ to the Europa league since each league now has 32 clubs in the group stage. 

4 hours ago, The Käiser said:

I thought with the introduction of the conference league, the third placed champions league teams no longer get “relegated “ to the Europa league since each league now has 32 clubs in the group stage. 

Oh if that's the case, then never mind. I haven't really followed anything about the conference league because I don't think it should exist.

Barca have to play away at Bayern next in Europe - I think Bayern are going to absolutely brutalise them with the state they're in now.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh if that's the case, then never mind. I haven't really followed anything about the conference league because I don't think it should exist.

Barca have to play away at Bayern next in Europe - I think Bayern are going to absolutely brutalise them with the state they're in now.

Erm.. no, they already lost 0-3 versus Bayern at home on first matchday their next match is at home versus Dynamo Kiev.:)

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Erm.. no, they already lost 0-3 versus Bayern at home on first matchday their next match is at home versus Dynamo Kiev.:)

Oh... I dunno how I got that so wrong xD

but they do have to play away at Bayern still and I feel like they're likely to get crushed there tbh