talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-2 Man City - Sunday 3rd October, 2021

football forum

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

As a neutral it was fantastic. First half not that great. Second half made up for that though. Thoroughly entertaining. You could tell that the pace of the game had taken its toll on the players with how it just fizzled out in stoppage time.

Salah is just on a different level in this league.

Does he improve us though? :ph34r:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cicero said:

You’d have to edge it to Salah for the sheer consistency. KDB is magnificent but the injuries have set him back. Salah just a different level atm. 

Best game I’ve seen in a long time. Was also satisfying to see Bernardo Silva mug off Henderson the entire game. Haven’t seen him that rattled since Hazard ran circles around him in the league cup a couple years back. 

Was satisfying seeing Silva get put on his arse by Salah

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Was also satisfying to see Bernardo Silva mug off Henderson the entire game. Haven’t seen him that rattled since Hazard ran circles around him in the league cup a couple years back. 

Shades of Kinkladze B|

10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Going to come down to who drops the least points against the rest I think. They've dropped at home to Southampton and we've done the same against Brentford. Both capable of winning 15-20 in a row

Lack of a striker has already cost us this season and back to back titles are difficult  ..it's between you and Chelsea this season

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't think Fabinho could have taken that first time. Don't think he does anything wrong. Great block by Rodri

I don’t think he can take it first time, I just think he could have gotten away a snap shot quicker. Rather than steadying himself like he did, It took him so long to get the shot away. 

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Lack of a striker has already cost us this season and back to back titles are difficult  ..it's between you and Chelsea this season

Nah, I didn't see your game last week but I think that's the best two teams in the country today. You've won three of the last four so you're favourites but I think we can run you close.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

I don’t think he can take it first time, I just think he could have gotten away a snap shot quicker. Rather than steadying himself like he did, It took him so long to get the shot away. 

I don't think he does anything wrong to be honest. Got to give credit to Rodri

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't think he does anything wrong to be honest. Got to give credit to Rodri

In all honesty, he probably doesn’t, I’ve only seen it the once. Rodri’s recovery was excellent. 

• Subscriber

Very entertaining second half. Salah's goal was very Messi-ish like that one he scored against Spurs a couple of years ago. De Bruyne probably the worst I've seen him play. Man City really could do with a striker and if they had a straightforward choice between Grealish and Kane in the summer (I'm not saying it was that simple by any means) then they needed Kane more.

Even though I think City edged the game tonight based on the first half and they got the win at Chelsea last week, I think Liverpool and Chelsea look more reliable when it comes to dispatching the non-top four sides than they do. Going to be a close race between the three I think. 

I think you have to give enormous credit to Man City here.

They have played Chelsea away, PSG away and now Liverpool away, all in one week. Not just physically, but mentally, that was a hell of a week to deal with.

Three big rivals, three impressive performances where they were on top in each game (even the one they lost they should have won) and they have got the main two title rivals done away from home without defeat.

Yes, Milner should have gone. Yes, Fabinho should have scored. But all in all, City deserved a draw minimum and to go to Anfield on the back of that week and really silence the crowd to a degree was impressive. They took the fans influence out of the game.

Liverpool were off it today, I got to be honest. They may have got more of a grip 2nd half but it was the kinda game City would have won on points if a boxing match.

It was simply the genius of Salah that gave them a solid chance if truth be told, they should be content with the point.

Great to see Foden back from injury. He's got big game temperament hasn't he, he doesn't shy away, takes on responsibility and was an absolute menace today. He is doing exactly what Jack Wilshere didn't do, fulfil his promise. Great watch.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Liverpool fans quiet about that. Lol

He stuck his leg out.  

if that had happened to them it would be the “refs against us”

To be fair, @Rick was the only one that did say as he was lucky as well. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived