talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Invasion (Apple TV+) [SPOILERS!]

football forum

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, nudge said:

5 episodes in - this is a very slow burner with a lot of interpersonal drama, but I'm enjoying it. Suspenseful, mysterious, and keeps me hooked to find out what's happening. Anyone else watching?

I just got done with EP5. I think its one of those where you really need patience because they are trying to get you more invested in the characters before they do the big reveals. I did have a question and haven't bothered to look online for it but here I go in the spoilers.

Does an alien take out one of the insurgents in Kandahar? I didn't really want to rewind it but there was a low grunt and I was thinking it was an alien that did it.

P.S. I find the Japanese characters far more interesting than anyone else right now. Think the kids on the bus might be my second favorite.

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I just got done with EP5. I think its one of those where you really need patience because they are trying to get you more invested in the characters before they do the big reveals. I did have a question and haven't bothered to look online for it but here I go in the spoilers.

Hide contents

Does an alien take out one of the insurgents in Kandahar? I didn't really want to rewind it but there was a low grunt and I was thinking it was an alien that did it.

P.S. I find the Japanese characters far more interesting than anyone else right now. Think the kids on the bus might be my second favorite.

If it was the alien, then I missed it completely 😅 sorry, can't help you there...

And I completely agree, the Japanese storyline is the one that I like the most, too. Followed by the kids, then the estranged family, then the soldier in Afghanistan.

And yeah, judging by IMDb reviews, most people don't have any patience at all xD I personally like how they focus on the characters and keep the aliens mostly hidden; it adds to the suspense.

Apparently this is the most expensive Apple TV series :o

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hide contents

If it was the alien, then I missed it completely 😅 sorry, can't help you there...

And I completely agree, the Japanese storyline is the one that I like the most, too. Followed by the kids, then the estranged family, then the soldier in Afghanistan.

And yeah, judging by IMDb reviews, most people don't have any patience at all xD I personally like how they focus on the characters and keep the aliens mostly hidden; it adds to the suspense.

Apparently this is the most expensive Apple TV series :o

I don't take IMDB reviews or any reviews seriously until I have watched the movie/played the game myself and can make an informed comment on it. 

Didn't know Apple dumped a lot of money into this but its good that they did because I can see this turning into something close to Falling Skies if you've seen it. I was kind of hoping it was going to get a bit going by EP3 then I said nah they want these characters to truly show us all their failures before they drop the real bomb on us.

Plus, these aliens don't look like the full-frontal-assault type and that is the only thing that I can't fully understand. They've got immense power as was shown in their blowing up of the ship and the attack in the desert but yet they choose to be stealthy which makes me wonder what about the human race has them worried.

P.S. WAJO

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I don't take IMDB reviews or any reviews seriously until I have watched the movie/played the game myself and can make an informed comment on it. 

Hide contents

Didn't know Apple dumped a lot of money into this but its good that they did because I can see this turning into something close to Falling Skies if you've seen it. I was kind of hoping it was going to get a bit going by EP3 then I said nah they want these characters to truly show us all their failures before they drop the real bomb on us.

Plus, these aliens don't look like the full-frontal-assault type and that is the only thing that I can't fully understand. They've got immense power as was shown in their blowing up of the ship and the attack in the desert but yet they choose to be stealthy which makes me wonder what about the human race has them worried.

P.S. WAJO

The stealthiness makes me wonder what the final goal and the actual purpose of this alien invasion is. As you said, with such power that they appear to have, they could have easily wiped humanity out already, surely? I really like the idea that they are going to try and communicate with them; the whole idea of getting the linguists there reminded me a lot of Arrival! 

WAJO WAJO WAJO :D

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, nudge said:

Hide contents

The stealthiness makes me wonder what the final goal and the actual purpose of this alien invasion is. As you said, with such power that they appear to have, they could have easily wiped humanity out already, surely? I really like the idea that they are going to try and communicate with them; the whole idea of getting the linguists there reminded me a lot of Arrival! 

WAJO WAJO WAJO :D

I feel like we're going to get a communication talk somewhere closer to the end because I can't see them revealing the aliens true intention so early on. I just hope we don't go the V route here because so far they haven't really been about contact and more about not showing themselves. Kids seem to be a huge influence here which is a bit of a letdown but that's okay. 

I think the actual Wajo meaning is shown in the posters for the show itself and how it looks like a flying castle of sorts. What is fascinating is how when the aliens hit Sam Neil and when they attack the soldiers that they always do it around sand which then makes me wonder whether water is a stopping factor for them of sorts.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Hide contents

I feel like we're going to get a communication talk somewhere closer to the end because I can't see them revealing the aliens true intention so early on. I just hope we don't go the V route here because so far they haven't really been about contact and more about not showing themselves. Kids seem to be a huge influence here which is a bit of a letdown but that's okay. 

I think the actual Wajo meaning is shown in the posters for the show itself and how it looks like a flying castle of sorts. What is fascinating is how when the aliens hit Sam Neil and when they attack the soldiers that they always do it around sand which then makes me wonder whether water is a stopping factor for them of sorts.

Love the sand/water theory! The meaning of Wajo confuses me a bit - I know it means some sort of a castle in Japanese, and it would make sense for Mitsuki (was it even her?) to say that, but didn't Luke also shouted it when he was having some sort of telepathic connection with the aliens (presumably)???

What I found a bit weird in the latest episode is how nobody seemed to care much about that weird alien parasite thing that Aneesha managed to remove from the wound xD Also, is it the first indication that aliens can infect human bodies and feed off them, or even control them? That alien goo on the seat of the crashed truck the British kids found is probably something similar, too?

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

@nudge I think we can just add Spoilers to the title haha. Don't think anyone else is watching this show 😂

Also, I think the water theory is just a theory because of the fact that Aneesha finds a parasite attached to a human but then I have to ask where that person got the cut. I think there is some kind of takeover though because of how that kid heard Wajo in his head when the houses in the neighborhood got attacked. What was even more interesting is that Hinata said it just before the shuttle wall blew. Why the aliens would have used a word like Wajo is beyond me so my theory there is that they mimic what they see and they were listening to the shuttle and that message got relayed to the rest on the planet? 

We'll know more once the linguists run their checks next week but for right now these aliens are confusing in the sense that they are playing this hide-and-seek game with everyone we've seen them encounter and what's even more odd is the start of the show when that invisible entity blows the shepherd away. Why didn't it do what they did to Sam Neil? Also, there was a moment where Mitsuki said that the crew may have survived? I don't think this is the last we've seen of some of the folks we think are dead. 

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1

• The title was changed to Invasion (Apple TV+) [SPOILERS!]
  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

@nudge I think we can just add Spoilers to the title haha. Don't think anyone else is watching this show 😂

Also, I think the water theory is just a theory because of the fact that Aneesha finds a parasite attached to a human but then I have to ask where that person got the cut. I think there is some kind of takeover though because of how that kid heard Wajo in his head when the houses in the neighborhood got attacked. What was even more interesting is that Hinata said it just before the shuttle wall blew. Why the aliens would have used a word like Wajo is beyond me so my theory there is that they mimic what they see and they were listening to the shuttle and that message got relayed to the rest on the planet? 

We'll know more once the linguists run their checks next week but for right now these aliens are confusing in the sense that they are playing this hide-and-seek game with everyone we've seen them encounter and what's even more odd is the start of the show when that invisible entity blows the shepherd away. Why didn't it do what they did to Sam Neil? Also, there was a moment where Mitsuki said that the crew may have survived? I don't think this is the last we've seen of some of the folks we think are dead. 

Yeah, good idea, done... Also, the part in bold made me chuckle xD Hope they make proper progress in a week's time 😂

Hinata is definitely alive, imo. I think you could see in the shuttle incident scene that everyone was blown away but she held onto something before the screen went black, and also as Mitsuki now implied, if there was no air, they wouldn't have been able to hear anything in the recording, thus implying that the shuttle cabin didn't depressurize? 

I wonder what is special about those people (only kids?) who react differently to the aliens or their noises. No nosebleed for Luke (and then telepathy/visions), pre-cog pictures by Casper, etc.

Also the most important question, will Sam Neil return as an alien zombie?

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, good idea, done... Also, the part in bold made me chuckle xD Hope they make proper progress in a week's time 😂

Hinata is definitely alive, imo. I think you could see in the shuttle incident scene that everyone was blown away but she held onto something before the screen went black, and also as Mitsuki now implied, if there was no air, they wouldn't have been able to hear anything in the recording, thus implying that the shuttle cabin didn't depressurize? 

I wonder what is special about those people (only kids?) who react differently to the aliens or their noises. No nosebleed for Luke (and then telepathy/visions), pre-cog pictures by Casper, etc.

Also the most important question, will Sam Neil return as an alien zombie?

I think shes definitely alive because I think the aliens are slowly trying to infest humans. Sam Neil is a weird one, I think his whole talk about not living a life fulfilled is going to come back full circle as him being some kind of communicator for the aliens or like you said an alien zombie running the rest of the converted folks.

As for the kids, their brains are probably more tuned to the aliens. Especially Caspar who seems to be drawing things from the future. I even wonder if the show has a slight twist in terms of kids with special abilities of sorts but its all speculative till we actually know what the aliens are up to.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, nudge said:

@Mel81x have you watched the latest episode yet?

Hide contents

do you think we're potentially dealing with two different species of aliens here???

I did watch the latest episode and thought it was ... interesting. We may very well be but did you see how the skin started to radiated when it tried to attack Aneesha with those bumps? I think its the same alien race and these are just scouts nothing more. I suppose the real attack is going to happen to those kids who are trying to find their way home.

I'm curious if Ahmed is infected now and also the fact that Aneesha knows what kills them but what exactly is that piece of black rock that she has? I missed that part in the beginning or I cant remember. 

Also for LOLs

image.png

Edited by Mel81x
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Mel81x said:
  Hide contents

I did watch the latest episode and thought it was ... interesting. We may very well be but did you see how the skin started to radiated when it tried to attack Aneesha with those bumps? I think its the same alien race and these are just scouts nothing more. I suppose the real attack is going to happen to those kids who are trying to find their way home.

I'm curious if Ahmed is infected now and also the fact that Aneesha knows what kills them but what exactly is that piece of black rock that she has? I missed that part in the beginning or I cant remember. 

Also for LOLs

image.png

No need for spoiler tags then :D

We don't know what the black rock is, but it's Luke who found it and carried it with him in his backpack. His sister once saw it and asked what it was, he said it's his, he found it, and don't ever touch it again.

Ahmed is 100% infected, right???

I like the idea of those being some sort of scouts (or dogs, haha) - but the thing that killed the Sheriff looked completely different, not to mention the alien(s) in Afghanistan? 

I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get any of other storylines in this episode, but my biggest issue with it was how dark it was... Had to turn my room into a sensory deprivation chamber to be able to see anything xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

No need for spoiler tags then :D

We don't know what the black rock is, but it's Luke who found it and carried it with him in his backpack. His sister once saw it and asked what it was, he said it's his, he found it, and don't ever touch it again.

Ahmed is 100% infected, right???

I like the idea of those being some sort of scouts (or dogs, haha) - but the thing that killed the Sheriff looked completely different, not to mention the alien(s) in Afghanistan? 

I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get any of other storylines in this episode, but my biggest issue with it was how dark it was... Had to turn my room into a sensory deprivation chamber to be able to see anything xD

A lot of people complained that this episode was too dark and I can see why. For starters, the alien itself was just a shadow and I don't know if they purposely did that or if this is the same FX crew from GoT who are going for TVs that support full black displays or some other weird shit I can't imagine. 

I don't think the Sheriff is dead because why hire an actor with the pedigree involved, I am sure this isnt the last we've seen of him.

As for Ahmed its all setup quite right isnt it? First, he does the thing that makes his wife hate him and eventually he's going to die and they'll find something else about the aliens as a result of it but hes also going to have one of those epiphany moments where he gets redemption for all hes done. Either ways its moving in that direction as I think the aliens aren't killing people just infecting them slowly. 

21 hours ago, nudge said:

Thoughts? 🤔

A very slow burner... Building up the characters and situations around the globe rather than diving headlong into a full scale invasion... Not that it's a bad thing, got a decent feel to it and a bit miffed that when the creature/alien was finally seen in the house the screen was as dark as fuck on my laptop.. xD Got a better view during the car scene though... I will certainly stick with it

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

A very slow burner... Building up the characters and situations around the globe rather than diving headlong into a full scale invasion... Not that it's a bad thing, got a decent feel to it and a bit miffed that when the creature/alien was finally seen in the house the screen was as dark as fuck on my laptop.. xD Got a better view during the car scene though... I will certainly stick with it

Ah, glad to hear I'm not the only one who had to turn my room into a sensory deprivation chamber in order to be able to see anything xD 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...