talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Invasion (Apple TV+) [SPOILERS!]

football forum

• Subscriber

@Bluewolf @Mel81x have you watched the finale yet?

What did you make of it? My theory now is that either all people killed by the aliens or some people with extraordinary traits get "uploaded" into a hive-like collective mind on the alien ship - hence why at the end of the episode Casper seeing a memory that belongs to Hinata (her father gifting her the compass), and would also explain how a Bowie song was played during the contact with "alien Hinata" earlier in the show. But what's up with Casper waking up in the morgue? Is it him, or is his body taken over by the alien-controlled hive-mind?

Also, those alien things weren't actually the alien master race, right? One of the military/scientists said that they are all alike, genetically engineered to terraform the planet, so some sort of organic machines? I actually like the idea, I hope more will revealed in Season 2, especially when it comes to the nature and true intentions of the aliens. My current theory is that they are refugees of some catastrophic event that destroyed their planet (a planet with two suns, as seen in Casper's visions), and are looking for a new one, and Earth is the one which can be easily terraformed to suit their biological needs.

That massive ship at the end of the episode was epic (WAJO?). The tidal wave effect was a great touch to illustrate the share size of it, too!

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, nudge said:

@Bluewolf @Mel81x have you watched the finale yet?

Reveal hidden contents

I'll watch it this week just been so caught up with work and not had time to actually sit down to watch much but this is on my list this week.

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...

I feel like I'm going against the grain a bit with this series but I really liked the slow-paced nature of the invasion, it probably helps that I binged it rather than waiting for it to come out week by week so it never actually felt that slow.

I liked that there was going to be at some point a coming together of characters but I expected it to be more than just the kids and the soldier. Mitsuki and Hinata's storyline was very standalone for me, really enjoyed it and it helped anchor the film and give the technical/high up dealing of the invasion some depth.

Aneesha and Firas' storyline was great, really covered a wide range of emotions and to go from Firas trying to abandon the family to getting killed for them was a good journey/storyline. I'm not convinced he's dead though.

Trevante's trip around Afghanistan and then to London was also really good, I thought they managed to use the small details in the characters lives in different storylines really well to build up and introduce the invasion as a whole. I think it's why I watched it so quickly, I wanted to see more of the Invasion and I think we'll see more battle in the second series but they didn't fall into the trap of doing 2 things that other shows or films have done for me; just chuck aliens and explosions at you without any real depth and also just rely on overly used intense/thriller type moments to build momentum without any real connection to the characters or the storyline.

Paddy Holland is a really good actor because I still want to punch that cunt in the face, played the bully really well lol. I gravitated towards the kids the least but I think that's just because I wasn't that interested in a bullying storyline, they did all act really well though and Caspar's character and storyline became a lot better when they made the trip back to London and then linked up with Trevante. Only issue if there is one was the massive continuity issue, their school trip was definitely up north and then they were in London in an hour xD.

Sorry there is a second issue, what a waste of Sam Neill

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...